Sturm Und Drang

Glen

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, tickle my balls and call me Alexandra... I admit it. I'm a poser. I let my thoughts on their shitty debut cloud my vision here. Yes, I hated the debut, but I have to admit it. Spun this a few more times and it's really, really grown on me. This is a damn good hard rock disc. It really is. I still like the tracks I mentioned before best, but only that ballad in the middle is really bad... the rest is all pretty damn good.

Oh and for the record its better than Eclipse as well.

I'm not sure if I'll go that far, but these two albums are definitely comparable. In all honesty, I'd possibly give this one a slight tip in it's favour, if only due to 'That's the way I am' and 'Heaven (Is not here)', which blow away anything on the Eclipse disc.

Okay, tickle my balls and call me Alexandra... I admit it. I'm a poser. I let my thoughts on their shitty debut cloud my vision here. Yes, I hated the debut, but I have to admit it. Spun this a few more times and it's really, really grown on me. This is a damn good hard rock disc. It really is. I still like the tracks I mentioned before best, but only that ballad in the middle is really bad... the rest is all pretty damn good.

I'm not sure if I'll go that far, but these two albums are definitely comparable. In all honesty, I'd possibly give this one a slight tip in it's favour, if only due to 'That's the way I am' and 'Heaven (Is not here)', which blow away anything on the Eclipse disc.

Similar to the new Eclipse? Wow maybe I'd like this one then because I think the new Eclipse is killer. :tumbsup:

Similar to the new Eclipse? Wow maybe I'd like this one then because I think the new Eclipse is killer. :tumbsup:

Sturm Und Drang is better IMO.

'Sinner' is killer hard rock with a serious kick arse solo.......in fact the guitars are blazing all over this baby.

The last two tracks 'Life' (pure AOR) and Heaven (blissful ballad) are just great.

Quite similar in places to the first Leverage album me thinks??

'Sinner' is killer hard rock with a serious kick arse solo.......in fact the guitars are blazing all over this baby.

The last two tracks 'Life' (pure AOR) and Heaven (blissful ballad) are just great.

Have heard most of this now and am loving it. A copy should be winging it's way to me as we speak. :headbanger:

Have heard most of this now and am loving it. A copy should be winging it's way to me as we speak. :headbanger:

You sure have been on a Finnish kick lately Jez...and it keeps on going :) Good on ya mate!

You sure have been on a Finnish kick lately Jez...and it keeps on going :) Good on ya mate!

No denying there have been some great bands coming out of Finland in the last few years. Don't know what you lot have in the water up there, but it is certainly working. :headbanger:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

From their facebook recently...

Dear fans ! There has been very little updates and news on our facebook/website during the last months , for this we are sorry, but you will be pleased to hear this was for a good reason. Since the summer we have been literally locked up in the studio making our long awaited third album , and we are pleased to tell you it is nearly complete! Right now we are dealing with the final bits and pieces ...and a lead single will be released as soon as were done.. We cant really tell you more right now but rest assured that things will start to happen very soon !

Stay tuned for some new Sturm und Drang !

A million thanks for your devotion and patience !

Best, Sturm

Ps. Our webpage will be online soon .

As with Kissin' Dynamite, excellent news. 'Rock 'n' Roll Children' was excellent and featured very highly at the end of 2009 for me, so hopefully they have pulled out all the stops and made the new one a blinder.

Debut sucked, but the 2nd album was excellent, so I'm really looking forward to hear what they can come up with for the 3rd effort. :)