Sturm Und Drang

Glen

Am I the only twat listening to this??

I know they're only teenagers but this album rules.

The second half of the album in particular is killer - check out the fantastic 'Life' (one of my fav songs at the moment - great chorus....almost AOR) and mega ballad 'Heaven (Its Not Here)'......killer chorus.

The only song I dont like is the ballad 'A Million Nights' which stinks like a Scorpions Z side, with a thick accent to boot (accent on nearly all other tracks in fine for me).

I think it would appeal to Leverage, Poodles, Avantasia, Eclipse....even Brother Firetribe fans.

:drink:

The second half of the album in particular is killer - check out the fantastic 'Life' (one of my fav songs at the moment - great chorus....almost AOR) and mega ballad 'Heaven (Its Not Here)'......killer chorus.

The only song I dont like is the ballad 'A Million Nights' which stinks like a Scorpions Z side, with a thick accent to boot (accent on nearly all other tracks in fine for me).

I think it would appeal to Leverage, Poodles, Avantasia, Eclipse....even Brother Firetribe fans.

Nah. You're not the only twat. I'm on the look-out for this one too. There you go. 2 twats! ;)

• My Little Pony

Leverage, Poodles and Avantasia? I gotta get me a copy!!

Are these guys singing in English now? I think I remember hearing of them before but they were singing in their native tongue.

Are these guys singing in English now? I think I remember hearing of them before but they were singing in their native tongue.

The first album was in english

2nd album's much, much better

OK, Ive been listening to this all morning whilst painting and Im going to go out on a limb and say that this is at least as good as the FIRST Leverage album (which is MUCH better than the 2nd IMO).

I love this thing - the solos are just mind blowing (esp on the second half) and the choruses really hit the mark.

Miles better IMO than its rivals (ie 2nd Levereage, Avantasia, Edguy, Edens Curse).

I harshly included this in my list at No 15.......after just 2 listens.......I reckon top 10 for this baby, and in a year like this has been, that's pretty damned good.

& I still maintain that 'Life' is absolutely fucking wicked. AOR chorus made in heaven.

Cheers

I hated the debut. Still wondering if I should bother with this one. Is it seriously any good, Glen, or are you toying with us? Keeping in mind I thought the debut was crap.

I hated the debut. Still wondering if I should bother with this one. Is it seriously any good, Glen, or are you toying with us? Keeping in mind I thought the debut was crap.

http://www.myspace.com/sturmis

'Breakaway' is a fair example of the album.......although all 5 tracks on the second side are better and the last 2 destroy this song.

Avoid 'A Million Miles' like the plague tho - that's the hideous ballad I was referring to.

Not really sure if this would be your thing - if you liked the 1st Leverage album you will probably dig this.

'Breakaway' is a fair example of the album.......although all 5 tracks on the second side are better and the last 2 destroy this song.

Avoid 'A Million Miles' like the plague tho - that's the hideous ballad I was referring to.

Not really sure if this would be your thing - if you liked the 1st Leverage album you will probably dig this.

Yeah, heard the myspace tracks and they didn't work out well for me. I'll see how I go and if I can track this down for a listen I might try it.

Yeah, heard the myspace tracks and they didn't work out well for me. I'll see how I go and if I can track this down for a listen I might try it.

Some of the tracks might not be your thing, but i'd be gobsmacked if you didnt adore the last 2 tracks. 2 of the best songs ive heard all year.

Plus 'Sinner' continues to kick my arse. Great rocker with a killer solo.

Nah. You're not the only twat. I'm on the look-out for this one too. There you go. 2 twats! ;)

I'm still looking for this one :unsure:

• My Little Pony

Every time I see this thread, I think it says Rock 'N Roll Chicken. That'd be awesome. Still haven't heard this, but I still want to.

I'm going to give it a go after my Lynch Mob / Faster Pussycat kick. Maybe even tonight... as there's probably plenty of time to give it a go.

Just finished spinning it. Wasn't so bad I guess, if not very samey and unspectacular. The whole rhythm section was just too repetitive for me on most the songs. Now, that said... 'That's the way I am' blew me off my seat with it's opening riff and killer verses... just didn't deliver come chorus time. So that was disappointing. And the album closer 'Heaven (Is not here)' is a gem. I really liked that song. 'Sinner' and 'Life' were very good too. The rest, I'd have to pass. Definitely better than the debut though.

Just finished spinning it. Wasn't so bad I guess, if not very samey and unspectacular. The whole rhythm section was just too repetitive for me on most the songs. Now, that said... 'That's the way I am' blew me off my seat with it's opening riff and killer verses... just didn't deliver come chorus time. So that was disappointing. And the album closer 'Heaven (Is not here)' is a gem. I really liked that song. 'Sinner' and 'Life' were very good too. The rest, I'd have to pass. Definitely better than the debut though.

Due to a bit of a f*ck up on my behalf, this is spinning again and okay, I'll give them 'That's the way I am'. Pretty killer track. Delicious solo too. Yeah, this is pretty awesome. Admitted.

Due to a bit of a f*ck up on my behalf, this is spinning again and okay, I'll give them 'That's the way I am'. Pretty killer track. Delicious solo too. Yeah, this is pretty awesome. Admitted.

In actual fact the more you spin this the better it gets. Esp the second half.....and those solos. Pretty much all of those solos are killer. Esp Sinner...I love that solo.

• 2 weeks later...