Friday The 13th Trailer

Fat Freddy

The first "real" trailers for the forthcoming "Friday the 13th" re-boot/re-make/re-imagining (whatever you want to call it) have made it to YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22T4gm7zrE

Looks pretty bad ass... and let's face it, there's really nowhere to go but up after the last couple of "Friday" movies...

Still think the original is great :tumbsup:

I'm a fan-boy so I like all of the "F13's" to one degree or another (with the exception of the absolutely godawful "Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday," which is an abomination that I hope never to be subjected to again)... I used to own all of them on VHS, though I've only upgraded a couple of them (part VI and part VII) to DVD because I've seen the early films so many times that I'm kinda burnt out on them and don't need to ever see'em again... though if I'm channel surfing and I happen to land on one of 'em I'll usually stop and watch for a while. :lol:

The series got seriously goofy in the later entries ("Jason Takes Manhattan" anyone? "Jason X?") but it looks like this upcoming one is going back to the spirit/feel of the first couple of films... should be worth a look.

Still think the original is great :tumbsup:

I'm a fan-boy so I like all of the "F13's" to one degree or another (with the exception of the absolutely godawful "Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday," which is an abomination that I hope never to be subjected to again)... I used to own all of them on VHS, though I've only upgraded a couple of them (part VI and part VII) to DVD because I've seen the early films so many times that I'm kinda burnt out on them and don't need to ever see'em again... though if I'm channel surfing and I happen to land on one of 'em I'll usually stop and watch for a while. :lol:

The series got seriously goofy in the later entries ("Jason Takes Manhattan" anyone? "Jason X?") but it looks like this upcoming one is going back to the spirit/feel of the first couple of films... should be worth a look.

Used to watch all these but they got really crap and I lost interest.

Used to have the Friday 13th Part 3 book :anon:

And I kinda liked Jason Goes to Hell..... :anon:

(Comic Book Guy voice) "Worst... Jason Movie... EVER."

Maybe so, but it's good for a few laughs at least..... :tumbsup:

When was the last time you watched it? Watch it again and I guaran-damn-TEE you will be throwing the DVD out the window before the halfway point. That movie blew ass! <_<

:tumbsup::tumbsup:

When was the last time you watched it? Watch it again and I guaran-damn-TEE you will be throwing the DVD out the window before the halfway point. That movie blew ass! <_<

I saw Jason goes to Hell at the Theater and I loved it. :anon:

I shall watch it again soon.. As I recall it's kinda like Shocker?? with the "spirit" Of Jason going from person to person or something?? :whistle:

I shall watch it again soon.. As I recall it's kinda like Shocker?? with the "spirit" Of Jason going from person to person or something?? :whistle:

Yeah that's about it and by the way I also loved Shocker. :unsure:

I saw it in the theater too (on opening night no less -- a buddy of mine and I had a tradition of seeing any new "Friday" flicks on opening night for quite a few years) and I f*ckin' HATED that thing. It leaned a little too close to the "Elm Street" flicks for me, and it had more plots and sub-plots than the first eight movies put together!! The opening sequence (when Jason gets blown away by the FBI) was brilliant, but then the whole thing went right down the tubes as soon as Jason's "spirit" starts transferring from one body to another for the rest of the movie. Jason is only "Jason" for what, fifteen minutes out of that flick all totaled? What a ripoff!! :angry:

I watched the preview for the movie and I didn't really get anything out of it. I must say that I liked Freddy Vs. Jason. I'm still waiting for the sequel and Chucky Vs. Leprechaun. How about Donkey Kong Vs. King Kong? It all sounds good to me.

I saw it in the theater too (on opening night no less -- a buddy of mine and I had a tradition of seeing any new "Friday" flicks on opening night for quite a few years) and I f*ckin' HATED that thing. It leaned a little too close to the "Elm Street" flicks for me, and it had more plots and sub-plots than the first eight movies put together!! The opening sequence (when Jason gets blown away by the FBI) was brilliant, but then the whole thing went right down the tubes as soon as Jason's "spirit" starts transferring from one body to another for the rest of the movie. Jason is only "Jason" for what, fifteen minutes out of that flick all totaled? What a ripoff!! :angry:

I saw that one in the theatre as well - actually, that was the first Friday film I saw in the theatre. I agree the opening was awesome and was also disappointed about Jason barely even being in the movie. I did kind of grow to like it a little more through the years but it's still probably the least watched one for me along with the first one - while the first one is a great movie I guess I don't watch it as much cause I'd rather see Jason slashing up the screen. I can't wait for the new one - huge F13 fan!! Not sure if I'm gonna go opening day or not since it's usually crowded. I like to watch my F13 comfortably with great view at the theatre. If I do go opening day it'll probably be early to beat the crowd. It looks like Jason runs in the new one so that will be a turn back to his early days. I don't think he ran past part 4. Guess when he turned zombie he lost his running skills.

• 1 month later...

I just read on IMDB that the newest official trailer for the "F13" reboot/remake (whatever you want to call it ) will start playing in theatres tomorrow before the new "Punisher: War Zone" film...

Here's the poster for the new "F13"... Jason is lookin' pretty bad ass!!

fridayposter.jpg

He's Back! The man behind the mask! and he's out of control ;)

i wanna see this, if nothing else its got Jared Padalecki in it (Sam Winchester in Supernatural) and he's an amazing actor, although the whole "protecting a bunch of kids from a supernatural threat" may lead him to just act like Sam does in Supernatural rather than adopting a new persona...