Heavy Metal which album do you prefer? N# 1

Heavy Metal  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2021 Gold Donors

D*mn Rafo you're bustin' my balls here! Some nice but difficult choices there...Sanctuary,Exodus and Annihilator.As much as i dig that Exodus album i had to go with Annihilator "Alice In Hell" that disc was/is their best...a monster-Randy Rampage just destroys on that one.

I've actually heard quite a few of these and although I won't vote as they all left my collection pretty quickly, Annihilator's 'Alice In Hell' would probably be my pick of the ones I heard.

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied - 1988

Deyond a doubt one of my favorite releases of all time. Though I can't believe you included this release...none of the others even come close. :headbanger:

Dang, lotsa goodies in that bunch... but I've been listening to Helloween's WALLS OF JERICHO since it was a new release and it still gets lotsa spins so it's my pick out of this heap :beerbang:

Helloween - Walls Of Jericho. Some good ones on there; that Annihilator one is awesome as well.

Off this list I will pick Helloween as it`s the only one I`ve heard but I don`t particularly like it :tumbsup:

I went with Sepultura here. I also love F&J and Nuclear Assault, and Exodus are a big fave but I thought "Pleasures..." was the weakest of their first 3 albums....

Annihilator - Alice In Hell - 1989 90/100

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease - 1985 90/100

Exodus - Pleasures Of The Flesh - 1987 90/100

Flotsam And Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver - 1986 85/100

Grave Digger - War Games - 1986 85/100

Hallows Eve - Tales of Terror - 1985 75/100

Helloween - Walls Of Jericho - 1986 90/100

Nuclear Assault - Survive - 1988 80/100

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied - 1988 85/100

Sepultura - Schizophrenia - 1987 90/100

Annihilator Anthrax Exodus Helloween Sepultura

mmf I don't know :doh:

Oh man, Nuclear Assaults - Survive is one of the best thrash albums to hit the light of day IMO. NA got my vote.

I keep looking for Nuclear Assault cds when I got dumpster diving but always come up empty handed.

Is it me or are there not to many good thrash albums in used cd stores?

Oh man, Nuclear Assaults - Survive is one of the best thrash albums to hit the light of day IMO. NA got my vote.

I keep looking for Nuclear Assault cds when I got dumpster diving but always come up empty handed.

Is it me or are there not to many good thrash albums in used cd stores?

There's not many good albums in used CD stores anymore, period.

Hell, there aren't many used CD stores!!!

• 3 months later...

eazy, i went with sanctuary(with helloween 2nd, just coz i had to go for a US album). the one from grave digger is their worst one(despite the fact that made them well known).i don't care for the others of the poll.

None of these are particular favorites of mine, and none of them reside in my collection, but I would rate Sanctuary: "Refuge Denied" as the best of the bunch.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think that's why I took to the track "Smoking" I suppose  its just a little dirtier in tone. All good tracks but you're right the new country vibe isn't for me...my wife loves it though...so every cloud n all that....but the other non country sounding tracks I love.
    • Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time. Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer.  Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer.  In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund (ONJFoundationFund.org). Olivia is survived by her husband John Easterling; daughter Chloe Lattanzi; sister Sarah Newton-John; brother Toby Newton-John; nieces and nephews Tottie, Fiona and Brett Goldsmith; Emerson, Charlie, Zac, Jeremy, Randall, and Pierz Newton-John; Jude Newton-Stock, Layla Lee; Kira and Tasha Edelstein; and Brin and Valerie Hall. - via John Easterling, husband, Olivia Newton-John
    • Good stuff....missed it first time around.....
    • The Jokers - Slapback from their upcoming release “Rock and Roll Bones” 
    • There are certainly some great songs on here. I've only done the first 2 discs so far though. 
    • Played as well today and it's ok and has a few good songs, but tbh, I'm starting to get a bit bored with them, as they don't offer up anything they haven't done before. Like the last album, everything on this album has been done to death previously and is as predictable as hell. Of all the new albums I have played recently (and there have been quite a few) this doesn't feature very highly unfortunately.
    • I think 'Smoking' is the weakest track by far on here and the only one I don't really rate that much. Of the others, 'Time to Let Go' is a cool rocker that hits the spot and the lead off single 'Why Are You Calling Me Now' is a great AOR track. Liking the rest is going to depend on whether you like the more New Country/Pop ballad style of song, as there are at least 4 or 5 like that,  with Jay DeMarcus's obvious influence on these ..'I Hope You Find It' 'Don't Go' 'Finally Got It Right' and 'Anything But Us' are spectacular ballads and amongst some of the best I have heard in recent times, whilst 'Angels' 'All Night To Get There', 'Lights Go Out In Paradise' and 'Waiting On Your Sunshine' are all top quality too. Definitely one of the best albums this year for me, but as I said, it won't all be for everyone's taste, especially the softer stuff on show.
    • At least they've reverted back to something similar to Tesla soundwise...its ok...not bad...but if I need Tesla I've always got Mechanical Resonance , TGRC or Psychotic Supper to get me through  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.