Dirty Looks-California Free Ride

heaven&hell

This will be the 3rd DL cd in the last 12 months.

They need to slow down and take their time to come up with something great instead of settling for something good. It looks like the new one comes out in September.

http://www.dirtylooksmusic.com/

CALIFRONT.jpg

I guess it's quicker/easier to stay in the studio and write/record songs than it is to get out there and bust your ass going around the US in a tour van. Especially at their age... :)

I guess it's quicker/easier to stay in the studio and write/record songs than it is to get out there and bust your ass going around the US in a tour van. Especially at their age... :)

Don't get me wrong I like both Superdeluxe and Gasoline, but if they would of taken the best 5 or 6 tracks off of both of those they would of had a great cd instead of two good ones. Plus the packaging is shitty on both of them. I'm sick of these bands putting out these shitty digi-packs with no booklet. Give me a jewel case with a booklet anyday, unless it's a AFM release because they do the digi-packs the right way and so did Primal Fear with "Jaws of Death". Also DL needs to hire a producer that has a clue because in this day and age where you can record an album of quality in your bedroom there is no excuse for a bad production job.

Damnit! I friggin' knew it! This is straight from that site as well...

8/5/08 Re-release of "Superdeluxe" will also be out within the next couple of weeks with new artwork. Those who purchase a copy directly from Sticky Records will also receive a T-shirt and sticker.

At least there aren't any new tracks on there...or is there? :unsure:

Good news is they are going to record their live show in PA for a live CD release the end of Oct.

Damnit! I friggin' knew it! This is straight from that site as well...

8/5/08 Re-release of "Superdeluxe" will also be out within the next couple of weeks with new artwork. Those who purchase a copy directly from Sticky Records will also receive a T-shirt and sticker.

At least there aren't any new tracks on there...or is there? :unsure:

Good news is they are going to record their live show in PA for a live CD release the end of Oct.

Who knows about the extra tracks or not. There probably is. :doh:

I was hoping when I ordered Superdeluxe I'd get the artwork with the car but I didn't.

If the new version does have bonus tracks I'll be pissed.

This band is starting to make me mad. :taz:

As far as knowing about any bonus tracks... :anon:

I'm pretty sure I'll be heading up to PA for the show with Harpo. I really wish they were playing in a club instead of the venue that they have booked. I think it will still be worth going to.

LOL...Dirty Looks just came on http://www.97underground.com/ as I was typing this.

where are they playing?

This should cover about everything you would need to know:

Live date set for Oct 5th at the Warner Theatre in Erie, PA.

Tickets for the Harpo / Dirty Looks show can be purchased online at ticketmaster. com or by calling the civic arena box office at 814-452-4857 or by calling ticketmaster at 814-456-7070, or at any ticketmaster outlet. In Erie, the outlets are Giant Eagle and Macy’s in the Millcreek Mall.

Rumor has it that there may be a few special guests in attendance that night.

• 6 months later...

What does everyone else think of this release? I shied away for a while because a friend was not impressed at all.

However, upon listening to it a few times, I was very pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot better than Gasoline and probably better than Superdeluxe. It could end up being my 3rd or 4th favorite DL album behind Cool From the Wire and Turn of the Screw.

What does everyone else think of this release? I shied away for a while because a friend was not impressed at all.

However, upon listening to it a few times, I was very pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot better than Gasoline and probably better than Superdeluxe. It could end up being my 3rd or 4th favorite DL album behind Cool From the Wire and Turn of the Screw.

:unsure: what about 'Five Easy Pieces'?? Easily their best album IMO.

I agree it's very good and right on par with Superdeluxe as far as their newer stuff goes. :tumbsup:

I agree it's very good and right on par with Superdeluxe as far as their newer stuff goes. :tumbsup:

IMO Superdeluxe is a superior piece of work. I love DL but CFR sounds rushed and not up to par.

Well... keep your eyes open... Dirty Looks may be coming to your town soon. Plans are being made for quite a few dates all over the country. Some big plans...some not so big plans. :beerbang:

:unsure: what about 'Five Easy Pieces'?? Easily their best album IMO.

Five Easy Pieces is an excellent album! Right now it is my 3rd favorite DL album. CFR is giving it some competition in my book at this time. :banger: Superdeluxe is right up there too. :drink:

Well... keep your eyes open... Dirty Looks may be coming to your town soon. Plans are being made for quite a few dates all over the country. Some big plans...some not so big plans. :beerbang:

Gonna give us a clue?? :whistle:

Some plans will most likely be announced in about a week. :tumbsup:

Any chance of something in Western PA?? :beerbang:

Pretty sure you will see them by midsummer. :bananamac:

Pretty sure you will see them by midsummer. :bananamac:

Anything Johnstown or Altoona way would be GREAT!! :tumbsup:

Yeah, backed. They could have released it as a double album from the same recording sessions for all the difference I could tell. As always, good solid stuff.