http://www.snakeryder.com/Original_AdrianG...rrent_Show.html

Adriangale's beginnings... :banger:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AdrianGale - Live Program has been added to the database:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...rogram&Letter=A

I got the member/instrument listing offa NEH Records, so if anyone who picks up the actual disc in the next day or two could let me know of any corrections that need to be made, I'd be most appreciative. :drink:

Mike

• 2 years later...
From Melocicrock.com

ADRIANGALE CRUNCH FANS WITH SURPRISE NEW ALBUM:

Kivel Records has been quiet recently with one of their acts. Well today they break their silence.

Adriangale are back and are ready to crunch some ears in April! Can you believe that? I really didn't see the band making a new record anytime soon, if at all, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

And from what I heard down the phone line, this new album will give the band's debut a run for it's money.

Here's what the label had to say about the new album!

"Crunch - the new 12 song studio album from Adriangale is set for an April release! AG just completed recording of the album a few weeks ago in NY, while Jamie had time off from his band London Calling. The album is now in the mixing stages. Vic Rivera had this to say: "There were some criticism of the last record that galvanized me to put a little bit more depth into the new songs, both sonically and lyrically. Also, John Kivel had been busting my ass since day one to write "barnburner" type song. So I finally gave him one - and then some!"

"As for why we kept things hush hush in the studio - we felt that, If you want to get a person's attention, tapping them on the shoulder just won't do. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer - and then you'll discover that you have their complete attention. So we thought wed just pop up and go SURPRISE...new album here ya go! These are my best riffs ever and they cover a lot of ground, stylistically - but you can still tell it's us.

Jamie Rowe delivers his best vocal performance to date on a AG album. As for the guitar slot, AG welcomes Scott Miller to the AG fold. Scott has been a friend of the band's for some time and much in the same way Eddie was the only choice for lead guitarist when we put this whole thing together, it was with little question that Scott was the natural and only consideration to step into that vacated guitar slot.

Scott simply slays.... Plus, the guy is almost as rabid about Star Wars as me, so on that count alone from where I stand he was in by default."

Kivel Records will be taking Pre-Orders starting March 17th at www.kivelrecords.com

here is an album our friend Samboar needs to check out. almost a perfect album

My full review of the new CD

ADRIANGALE - CRUNCH

Let me say off the top that I love this CD. This has to be one of the best albums in the last 10 years. If only the likes of Bon Jovi and Def Leppard had the guts to write and play like this still. Jamie’s voice is sounding as good as I have ever heard it and that goes back a decade. Vic’s playing and writing is great. He should be in the top tier of songwriters in the melodic rock field today. His name should be known to the masses. Def Leppard would do good to take notice. His solos have such a great feel to them like Richie Sambora, they hit you perfect. Vic’s drum playing is solid. Scott’s bass sets an infectious groove throughout the entire album and sounds mixed prefect. Last but not least Scott Miller---He lives up to the promise. Scott brings a fresh kick to the band and a great style. the best I can explain is the flair and flash of C.C. Deville with the precision and technique of Zakk Wylde.

The total sound of the CD if basically perfect. Great layers, hooks, sing along chouses and the mix is amazing. no need to read the lyrics because the music and Jamie’s voice have a prefect mix and clarity you can hear every word. If Def Leppard heard this they would be jealous.

Breaking The Stride---nice introduction to the CD. sets a good tone and you can feel what is to come.

Crunch--I’m not use to waiting so long for the chorus to kick in but it works. The little Feel The Fire riff in the middle of it reminds us how far the band has progressed. Very nice song and feel

Faith---Amazing song. Smacks you in the face and doesn’t stop. Love the lyrics and the message it has. maybe the best new rock song I have heard in 8 years, or at least since Steel Dragon’s songs on the Rock Star soundtrack.

Without A Moments Notice -- What a song. A power ballad for the ages. if it was 1989 this would have ruled dial MTv for weeks on end. I have a friend who can’t listen to the song because of the line ‘and the one you swore devotion doesn’t want you round” It just tears him up. Six years ago this would have been “my theme song” because it seemed like everything was falling down around me. Now with my wife having a baby in less than 8 weeks the song takes on a total different meaning. make every moment count for something.

Tougher Than It Looks -- another great song on a CD full of great songs. I like the lyrics a lot but I always stumble on the lyrics “Lion’s den of crooks” I find myself singing “Lion’s Den Of Thieves” almost every time, I can’t stop myself and I don’t know why. LOL.

When In Rome -- to me this is the swagger song on the CD. It took me a couple of spins to warm up to this one but now I really like it. Some spots just give me a deja vu feel of Guardian.

Long Gone -- nice rocker with a great groove. Love the sing a long chorus that kicks in. Love the Over, Said and Done whispers. I know a couple of people I would like to dedicate this to.

The Thin Line -- This one fight’s to be called the best song on the album. I love the “cruchier” feel to the song. this is where I think of Zakk Wylde the most. It has a great feel to the song. kind of angry and dark but signature AdrianGale at the same time. I love the aggressive feel to the song. Maybe the rest of the melodic rock bands should get out of the way.

Question -- this one is still the low point on the CD for me. the more I listen to it the more I like it, though it has taken a while to grow on me. This isn’t a bad song at all, just compared to the other songs that rate between 98%-100% this one is just ok.

Freedom --Good & Bad. I love the dedication, love the sound of the instrumental. overall it is very solid. kind of “Top Gun’ish” but who to say that is a bad thing. a very solid piece of playing. love when two guitar’s solo together. Hey, I’m a huge Skynyrd fan (3 guitar attack) and the twin attack of Night Ranger. Now for the bad. I’m not much for instrumentals. To open a CD with a kickin’ instrumental is ok but just MY personal taste instrumentals don’t do much for me especially in the middle of a disc, just breaks up the feel and flow but like i said that is just me.

This Time -- I saw someplace that said Shania Twain meet’s Bryan Adams. Almost perfect but I have to throw Trixter in there too. What a great, fun, happy poppy song. Great for blasting with the top down on a summer night in a candy apple red 66 Mustang.

Last Call -- Wow, what a way to end the album. It took me a couple of spins but it hit me. It is typical AG material but I also get an early Danger Danger feel to the song. Kind of a D2 melodic ballad, Which makes this one of my favorite songs too. After the song end’s all I want is MORE but alas, I have to start the CD over and do it all again.

Guy’s, I love this CD. If only the “big name” bands would put this kind of effort into a CD they might still be a larger market for “our kind of music”. I raise my glass and toast one of the band’s that still carry a torch for great fun rock with a positive message, sing along songs and the spirit of being “free”.

Thank you for a great batch of songs.

after all these years I still stand by this review

Whatever happened after the band changed their name to Crunch?? where are they now?

I found this:

http://www.rockeyez.com/outings/2007-07-27...shatthecup.html

Tick-tock, tick-tock' the minutes kept on slipping away and by the time our featured artist CRUNCH was ready to hit the stage, it was almost 1:30am! Their original set was only supposed to be about 65 minutes but by cutting out a few, we were all praying somehow, someway this would all work out.

But speaking of CRUNCH' WOW! That's all I can say' Featuring extraordinary vocalist Jamie Rowe, guitarist Eddie Campbell and the always amazingly talented singer/song writer/ producer Vic Rivera (all formerly of ADRIANGALE) joining forces with veterans Joe Cruz on drums and Doug Odell on bass' these guys really deliver quite a punch. And I thought ADRIANGALE was impressive!

Their set blended an ample amount of material representing all of the ADRIANGALE releases. They opened with 'Reap What You Sow' from their debut album 'FEEL THE FIRE' which I can honestly say actually sounded better than it did the way it was originally recorded. You could tell almost immediately that Jamie was really on this night as his powerful voice filled this 'Cup' to overflowing!

Also represented from 'FEEL THE FIRE' was 'Save Our Love' as well as 'Over, Said N Done' from 'RE:PROGRAM' and some excellent renditions of 'Faith,' 'Long Gone,' and 'Without A Moments Notice' from their last release as ADRIANGALE and also the origin of the bands new name; 'CRUNCH.' As you watched Rivera and Campbell duel leads and riffs together all night long and felt the pulsing rhythms of Odell and Cruz, it's hard to believe these guys only actually started playing and rehearsing together as a band just two days before.

The real backbone of the set was towards the middle when the band cranked out 'Crunch' and 'Last Call'' again, both from their 'CRUNCH' release. These particular two songs never sounded better and really showcase what this band is all about. And finally rounding off this incredible set was an absolutely captivating version of 'Closer' from 'RE:PROGRAM.' If this set was any indication of what this band is capable of, their new, original material must be absolutely amazing. Come on guys' let's get a move on here and get that new release wrapped up soon.

Whatever happened after the band changed their name to Crunch?? where are they now?

They are out touring with Snap, Crackle and Pop :whistle:

From Melocicrock.com

ADRIANGALE CRUNCH FANS WITH SURPRISE NEW ALBUM:

Kivel Records has been quiet recently with one of their acts. Well today they break their silence.

Adriangale are back and are ready to crunch some ears in April! Can you believe that? I really didn't see the band making a new record anytime soon, if at all, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

And from what I heard down the phone line, this new album will give the band's debut a run for it's money.

Here's what the label had to say about the new album!

"Crunch - the new 12 song studio album from Adriangale is set for an April release! AG just completed recording of the album a few weeks ago in NY, while Jamie had time off from his band London Calling. The album is now in the mixing stages. Vic Rivera had this to say: "There were some criticism of the last record that galvanized me to put a little bit more depth into the new songs, both sonically and lyrically. Also, John Kivel had been busting my ass since day one to write "barnburner" type song. So I finally gave him one - and then some!"

"As for why we kept things hush hush in the studio - we felt that, If you want to get a person's attention, tapping them on the shoulder just won't do. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer - and then you'll discover that you have their complete attention. So we thought wed just pop up and go SURPRISE...new album here ya go! These are my best riffs ever and they cover a lot of ground, stylistically - but you can still tell it's us.

Jamie Rowe delivers his best vocal performance to date on a AG album. As for the guitar slot, AG welcomes Scott Miller to the AG fold. Scott has been a friend of the band's for some time and much in the same way Eddie was the only choice for lead guitarist when we put this whole thing together, it was with little question that Scott was the natural and only consideration to step into that vacated guitar slot.

Scott simply slays.... Plus, the guy is almost as rabid about Star Wars as me, so on that count alone from where I stand he was in by default."

Kivel Records will be taking Pre-Orders starting March 17th at www.kivelrecords.com

here is an album our friend Samboar needs to check out. almost a perfect album

if you mean me, then i already have it on my comp....pretty good, but it got overshadowed by Blue Tears and Beautiful Creatures which i got at teh same time.

• 8 months later...

i got the album from JK a few months back, i really love it!!

i wish i didnt have a £400 debt to pay off otherwise id make another Kivel bulk buy.....so many more albums i want from them! starting with more Bombay Black and AdrianGale...

man, i love Kivel Records!

I still haven't heard Adriangale, but might make a big Kivel order when that Farcry comes out this fall.

you should!!

get Crunch! by AdrianGale, and if you havent already got it, the new Silence disc is pretty good......oh, and Goodbye Thrill aswel!!!

I still haven't heard Adriangale, but might make a big Kivel order when that Farcry comes out this fall.

They'll be right up your alley, mate. I think you'd be doing yourself well to pick them up.

They'll be right up your alley, mate. I think you'd be doing yourself well to pick them up.

Well if you recommended them then I don't know. :whistle:

Seriously yeah I need to pick some of their cds up for sure.

You love my recommendations.

You love my recommendations.

I did love that Pretty Boy cd. :drink:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hate to pick on an older release but I've tried listening to this CD a few times this week and I just cannot get into it. After spinning it 4 times in my car on the way to work and back The Thin Line is the only song that I can recall.

Reading this thread I was suprised there was that many people who enjoyed this. Is there still a lot of love out there for this release? 'Feel The Fire' was better IMO.

Hate to pick on an older release but I've tried listening to this CD a few times this week and I just cannot get into it. After spinning it 4 times in my car on the way to work and back The Thin Line is the only song that I can recall.

Reading this thread I was suprised there was that many people who enjoyed this. Is there still a lot of love out there for this release? 'Feel The Fire' was better IMO.

Good disc. I love all three, but the second one is easily the best of the three. I can see how they could be mistaken for solid but unspectacular, though.

Good disc. I love all three, but the second one is easily the best of the three. I can see how they could be mistaken for solid but unspectacular, though.

Crunch is spectacular!

Now what ever happened to the songs they were recording for Crunch?! Jerks.

great album.

what ever happened to the band Crunch????

Crunch is supposedly going to release thier debut album in 2010 but who knows... I know Vic Rivera's a member here so hopefully he can fill all of us in :) I freaking adore that e.p they put out at Firefest a few years back!!! :beerbang:

While I'm at it, I hope Crunch will also be playing at Firefest in 2010! Yeah! :beerbang:

Maybe I'll give it another spin in the future. I am spinning Re: Program right now and it too just seems uninspired. It's not like there is anything stand out bad, but to me there is nothing catchy.