SILENT RAGE - 'Four Letter Word'

Geoff

silentrage_4lw.jpg

Samples:

http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=S

From Blabbermouth:

"Frontiers Records will release SILENT RAGE's highly anticipated fourth studio album, "Four Letter Word", on July 4.

SILENT RAGE is known for its multi-captivating vocals, the unmistakeable blend of melodic and hard rock and signature songwriting reminiscing of the glory days of '80s arena hard rock. "I think our sound can be described as classic arena style hard rock," says singer and guitarist Jesse Damon. "That's what we're considered in Europe!"

"Four Letter Word" is another fine example in the tradition of the band's classic production. "We had a great time staying within the natural progression of our 1989 release 'Don't Touch Me There' and mixing in the sounds of modern hard rock," continues Damon, "All of the tracks, whether lighthearted or serious in nature, have deep meaning to the band members. There's no hidden agenda, just melodic hard rock with contemporary production, written from the heart and soul of four veteran rockers."

SILENT RAGE's new album was produced by former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke who is also credited on the album for his contribution on guitar, keyboards and percussion. "Gilby is a longtime friend of the band," says Jesse. "We were first acquainted with him back in the 1980s when he was playing with his band CANDY. Both bands were performing on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. Then SILENT RAGE's first tour manager (Bill Greer) went on to work with Gilby in GUNS N' ROSES and we got to see his rise to fame. Our association with him became very close when our bassist EJ Curse began riding motorcycles with him on a regular basis. EJ went on to play bass for a few of Gilby's concerts. SILENT RAGE heard the CD of THE BRONX that Clarke produced and loved it. It was great to work with someone that we had such a long kinship with."

Another very special guest is RATT's Bobby Blotzer on drums and former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick, who plays a guest solo on "Man or Machine". "We met Bruce while working with Gene Simmons on the 'Don't Touch Me There' CD," explains Damon. "Bruce co-wrote one of the songs for that disc. Kulick has always been in our circle of friends and a supporter of SILENT RAGE. We always admired his guitar virtuosity, plus he's a great guy. Knowing he lived nearby our recording studio, we had to ask him to do a jam on the CD. We thought it fitting to have him perform on 'Man or Machine' since originally, that song was an idea that Gene Simmons and I started a few years back."

"Four Letter Word" track listing:

01. You Could Be The One

02. Four Letter Word

03. Man Or Machine

04. Feel My Love

05. Close Your Eyes

06. Sinister Man

07. Hard Habit To Break

08. Nobody Knows (The Ballad of Andy and Glory)

09. Bona Fide

10. I'm Not Lonely

11. Trouble"

Anyone given the samples a listen? What's this one like? I must admit I'm cringing at Gilby Clarke's involvement. I wasn't a fan of Silent Rage's last CD and the Jesse Damon solo discs have been write-offs too - I can't see Gilby Clark helping this situation. I'm hoping this is a good disc, but I can't same I'm too optimistic.

Okay, just reading up on this one a little further at various places on the net... it actually sounds very promising. I like that they say it is a natural progression from 'Don't touch me there', which sort of acknowledges that 'Still alive' was a useless heap of shit album best left forgotten. They're talking about big juicy choruses again, and "arena rock" songs... so colour me interested until proven otherwise.

I'm very interested in this one. I love "Don't Touch..." so if this sounds anywhere even close to that album I'll be happy. Some samples would be nice though.

Well I heard one track over at melrock.com a while back (might have been the title track) and it was pretty awful lyrically. I mean really bad.

Hope the other tracks are a bit better??

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Ive just listened to some sound bites of this and all I can say is it is possibly the biggest pile of shite I have heard all year. No make that for the last few years.

It is just shocking :yikes: ly bad.

Wait til you hear it and you'll know what I mean.

Devoid of all melody and lyrically appalling.

:(

Ive just listened to some sound bites of this and all I can say is it is possibly the biggest pile of shite I have heard all year. No make that for the last few years.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, Lennie you give this a bad name. :(

Killer jokes aside, that is very disappointing to hear. But seriously... when a band needs to bring Gilby Clarke in to "help" you know there must be trouble in the air.

Killer jokes aside, that is very disappointing to hear. But seriously... when a band needs to bring Gilby Clarke in to "help" you know there must be trouble in the air.

This news is for sure teh s uck! Would you care to share the location of the samples Lennie so we may all share in the utter disappointment?

:doh: Damn damn damn!!! :doh:

I just played the samples from Melrock.com and they do indeed suck big nasty ones. I loved the first two disc, was slightly disappointed with 'Still Alive' but going by this it's certainly not making me want to go and buy it.

This news is for sure teh s uck! Would you care to share the location of the samples Lennie so we may all share in the utter disappointment?

Hey Rick, I think there were 3 samples at my above link to Frontiers, and as per Jez's last reply, sounds like they're up at melodicrock.com too. They're everywhere man!

Hey Rick, I think there were 3 samples at my above link to Frontiers, and as per Jez's last reply, sounds like they're up at melodicrock.com too. They're everywhere man!

I couldn't get the Frontiers link to load when I tried it, but I'm heading over to melodicrock.com to check them out now (although I know I'm going to regret this!).

I couldn't get the Frontiers link to load when I tried it, but I'm heading over to melodicrock.com to check them out now (although I know I'm going to regret this!).

Yes you are , especially after hearing the first one - Shocking!! :yikes:

From the "Artist Bio"

The new material continues as a natural progression from their "Don't Touch Me There" CD, blending hard driving rock with big memorable choruses.

Ok, I know my eyesight is bad but my hearing is still pretty decent. That being said, I heard a fat whopping ZERO "big memorable choruses"

"Feel My Love" sounded like a pretty cool song, it kind of reminded me of a track from a late 70's KISS record. "I'm Not Lonely" was a decent track. "Trouble" could have been a good closing track but the gang vocals were really bad. Other than that, this thing is fucking pathetic. Ranks right up there with Britny Fox's Springhead Motorshark minus a cheezy keyboard.

Good God in Heaven, how the mighty have fallen. Those samples are mindbogglingly (is that a word?) bad. Sounds like Silent Rage should have just stayed silent.

I love everything from silent rage, the title track of still alive was great.

The last solo from Jesse Damon, was great too, cry out loud and pretty girls were 100% great arena rock tracks. That one was produced by Paul Sabu, this man in my opinion is a better producer than Clark for this kind of music.

The samples from the new ones are not bad , I like'em(maybe they are not as good as the last Damon solo), I wait to hear the whole album.

Anyway I'm glad they are back toghether,' cause don't touch me there was the soundtrack of my 1990 summer. :banger:

Is anybody really suprised this new one sucks so bad? Their debut was good but not awesome by any means.

Chris

Backed, but 'Don't touch me there' was just amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
Other than that, this thing is fucking pathetic.

Um, I may have jumped the gun a little bit when I referred to this album as being "fucking pathetic". I have been able to give it a few proper spins, and while it isn't anywhere near as good as "Don't Touch Me There", I have been enjoying this one. Again, it's a case of a band that is trying to run on name recognition, but you don't recognize the band because of the style of music they are now playing. It's not fantastic, but it's good for what it is.

Again I've been betrayed by 30 sec samples! :cussing:

As I said in the 'First spins' thread I was taken aback by how poor the band sounds, and the poor production job and the bad vocals. Aside from that, most of the songs just sound terrible. But I found some joy in the title track's chorus and also a couple of tracks towards the end sounded okay. I think it was 'Bona Fide' and 'I'm not lonely'? A couple of decent hard rockers.

The ballad was bland as hell and overall I was unimpressed. It's not the worst I've heard this year (this is perfect compared to Asia and MSG) but it's one of the worst.

• 11 months later...

I am looking for the lyrics for the SONG "Four Letter Word" from the album. Just the lyrics for that song. I can't make out what he's saying but it sounds funny as hell if I'm hearing him right. I tried google for the lyrics with no luck so if someone could steer me in the right direction that would be super. :tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking for the lyrics for the SONG "Four Letter Word" from the album. Just the lyrics for that song. I can't make out what he's saying but it sounds funny as hell if I'm hearing him right. I tried google for the lyrics with no luck so if someone could steer me in the right direction that would be super. :tumbsup:

allow me to introduce myself I'm a man with no strings attached

i just got out on my own past, romance is lost,but not quite forgotten

i'm doing fine alone but the taste of love is rotten

than along comes a stranger, she knows just what i needed

i just wnat to bang her, she can't make my heart bleed

love is a 4 letter word, i'd rather be f'd by a "c" and not burned

or damned to hell to not get hurt

love .......

now i'm back on the beat

'cause i'm just looking to reach one of god's finest creatures

she look like a delicacy soft as a peach i'l take her home and

eat her

now she's not a stranger

Saw them live in Italy a month ago, great show three great singer.

They can perfectly reproduce the sound of their albums with bg chorus.

I talked with Jesse and EJ ,they were very kind with me.

EJ is very nice and funny.

allow me to introduce myself I'm a man with no strings attached

i just got out on my own past, romance is lost,but not quite forgotten

i'm doing fine alone but the taste of love is rotten

than along comes a stranger, she knows just what i needed

i just wnat to bang her, she can't make my heart bleed

love is a 4 letter word, i'd rather be f'd by a "c" and not burned

or damned to hell to not get hurt

love .......

now i'm back on the beat

'cause i'm just looking to reach one of god's finest creatures

she look like a delicacy soft as a peach i'l take her home and

eat her

now she's not a stranger

Saw them live in Italy a month ago, great show three great singer.

They can perfectly reproduce the sound of their albums with bg chorus.

I talked with Jesse and EJ ,they were very kind with me.

EJ is very nice and funny.

Thank you very much! :tumbsup: That's is what I thought he was saying and now I know for sure. Hilarious lyrics!! :lol: