ROCKARMA reviews

66 mustang

here it is , the good bad and ugly from the Rockarma album "Bring It!"

1. BADJUNE - good song to kick off the album with. I like the flow and feel of the song. reminds me a bit of AdrianGale meets Danger Danger.

2. BETWEEN YOU N ME - If I had to pick "the best" on the album this song would be it (as of right now). Great melody, great lyrics that just get stuck in your head. The vocals fit so perfect to this style it is scary. love the guitar work. This reminds me of what is so great about 80's AOR / Hardrock mix. I've listened to this so many times all I hear is Rockarma.

3. ALL 4 YOU - this really reminds me of what was really good about the band Slaughter. This has a nice Slaughter style feel to it, not their fly to the angels type ballad but more of the "gave me your heart" style of mid-tempo grooving song. continues with the really good start to the album. again vocals and guitar fit great.

4. GET ME OUTTA THIS HOLE - the first song I'm not crazy about on the album. about 2 minutes into the song it really takes off but then it is over. The song takes too long to hook me into it and is one of my least listen to songs so far. maybe it is a grower.

5. I KNOW - back to the standard of the first 3 songs. Great melody, nice vocals, good guitar. Very Catchy like the early Danger Danger or Firehouse albums. Their is a band on the tip of my tougue that sounds a lot like this song but I just can not place it right now and it is killing me.

6. MISSING YOU - starts out like a Stryper styled song then into pure melodic joy. This reminds me of something that would have been huge on MTv back in the day. would have made it on Dial Mtv along side of Every Rose, Heaven, I Remember You, Love Bites, Up All Night, Love Of A Lifetime...... I just love this song.

7. BRING IT - heavier, more driving straight up rock. Almost should have been the opening track on the cd. Reminds me a lot of AdrianGale styled rock. the only thing that distracts me is the vocals feel a bit out style with the song. what I mean is the rhythem feels like it needs a bit more of a grittier, bluesed up style of vocal to really make the track stand out.

8. HERE AFTER - Pete might kill me but I love this song and it has such a Trixter feel to it at times. love the acoustic guitar throughout the song. Nice power ballad. my daughter is dancing to it as I type these words.

9. FEELS LIKE I'M FALLIN - just a good as any other song on the disc. I was expecting it to start falling off by this time but am very well pleased with the quality of the songs at the end of the disc.

10. LETS GO - Wow, this remines me of AC/DC, X-Sinner and Idle Cure rolled up into one song. this is the vocal sound that would have made the song Bring It stand out for me.

11. THATS ALL - again, I was expecting a song that was a lot less by the end of the album but again am pleased with the quality of songs at the end of the album.

12. SAME OL' SONG - wow, getting into a Tora Tora style feel here again the vocals get a bit more dirty for this song that screams blues rock metal. Guitar work again is great.

my total point score for this album ? I'd have to give it a 93% out of 100. easy one of the top 5 rock albums I've bought this past year GREAT JOB to everyone who had a hand in this album from the players to the producers and the label and those who had the belief that people still crave this kind of music.

im not gonna make a review as long as yours....i will just say that i love Bring It!

its my fave track off the whole album, it was on my mp3 player and came up on random....i was just like "whos this?"

when the chorus came in i knew, its just got a very professional sound!

8. HERE AFTER - Pete might kill me but I love this song and it has such a Trixter feel to it at times. love the acoustic guitar throughout the song. Nice power ballad. my daughter is dancing to it as I type these words.

:lol: I like it a lot myself, one of my favs on the disc... and it doesn't even have a solo... :anon:

Still waiting for my copy. My online store didn't get back until today, so hopefully I will get it this week sometime.

i bought mine with a debit card...

they just dont list debit as an option, but you can use it..

Not my type of debit card. Checked b4 hand.

Just a thought here but maybe Kivel could update their site a little more often as I don't see any mention of Rockarma......I suppose I could always pick it up at NEH....

You need to go to the menue "CD orders". There at each line item you have various options and the first is the Rockarma.

But you are right, though, the most CD's on their main page can not be ordered anymore. <_<

66 Mustang's review is pretty much spot on for me as well. This cd got my full attention right from the opening riffs :beerbang: I really recommend it to anyone who likes Menudo, New Kids On The Block, Flock Of Seagulls, Milli Vanili and Hanson :nyanya:

OK OK OK!!!!!! I was just kidding :lol:

66 Mustang's review is pretty much spot on for me as well. This cd got my full attention right from the opening riffs :beerbang: I really recommend it to anyone who likes Menudo, New Kids On The Block, Flock Of Seagulls, Milli Vanili and Hanson :nyanya:

<_< Damn, and we were really going for more of a Cyndi Lauper/Pussycat Dolls sound...

This is on Myspace:

Hey Karma Junkies!!

First we want to say, that we hope everyone had a Kick ass Holiday season and were able to Bring in the new year with a BANG!!!

So far the feedback on BRING IT has been great. Thank you to everyone that has shared their thoughts with us and on the various message boards, websites etc. We appreciate it!!

We are also happy to say that our 1st month after its release, we made NEH RECORDS Top 30 best sellers for ..hanks to everyone that purchased the cd !! Heres to a great 2008!!! Below is the top seller list including some really killer bands.....check em out!!!

1. Action - Action

2. Winger - Live DVD

3. Lillian Axe - Lillian Axe

4. Lillian Axe - Love And War

5. Marco Mendoza - Live For Tomorrow

6. Empire - Chasing Shadows

7. Crazy Lixx - Loud Minority

8. Airtime - Liberty Manifesto

9. Waysted - Harsh Reality

10. Code X - Code X

11. Snow - snow

12. Tyketto - The Last Sunset Farewell 2007

13. Jaded Heart - Sinister Mind

14. Vertigo - Take's Me Back

15. Loverboy - Just Getting Started

16. Toto - Falling In Between Live

17. Naughty Boys - R U Naughty Enough

18. Sircle Of Silence - Sircle Of Silence & Suicide Candyman

19. Edens Curse - Edens Curse

20. Winger - Live CD

21. Seven Tears - In Every Frozen Tear

22. Rockarma - Bring It

23. Hurricane - Take What You Want

24. Lana Lane - Red Planet Boulevard

25. Diamond Head - Borrowed Time

26. Crystal Ball - Secrets

27. Hush - Mirage

28. Goodbye Thrill - Goodbye Thrill

29. Saxon - To Hell And Back Again DVD

30. Diamond Head - Canterbury

Thanks from ROCKARMA!!

nice group of bands to bein the charts with, they outsold Saxon!

I had a couple friends over Friday night and even though they are not big into music I decided to throw on the disc while we were enjoying some beers. They loved it! And if anyone is curious, Rockarma and beer go together nicely. :beerbang:

I had a couple friends over Friday night and even though they are not big into music I decided to throw on the disc while we were enjoying some beers. They loved it! And if anyone is curious, Rockarma and beer go together nicely. :beerbang:

Hell yeah! In fact I was drinking beer when I recorded my guitar parts! :drink:

Still awaiting my copy, so you will have to wait a while longer b4 I tear into your playing Pete. :whistle:

Still awaiting my copy, so you will have to wait a while longer b4 I tear into your playing Pete. :whistle:

Think of Rockarma as kind of a blend of everything you love about Cliff Richards and CC Deville...

dont you have a credit card?

No - only Debit Card!

Hello Jez

If your debit card has a Master card or Visa logo on it, then it can be accepted thru our site like any regular credit card. Hope this helps. We can ship it out today depending on the time you place your order, otherwise tomorrow the latest.

My guess would be if it goes out today , you should have it by mon the latest

Best

KIVEL RECORDS

No - only Debit Card!

Hello Jez

If your debit card has a Master card or Visa logo on it, then it can be accepted thru our site like any regular credit card. Hope this helps. We can ship it out today depending on the time you place your order, otherwise tomorrow the latest.

Best

KIVEL RECORDS

John

Only have the Maestro thingy mate, so have ordered with my usual online dealer. Should be here soon hopefully.

Thanx anyways :drink:

No - only Debit Card!

Hello Jez

Best

KIVEL RECORDS

John

Only have the Maestro thingy mate, so have ordered with my usual online dealer. Should be here soon hopefully.

Thanx anyways :drink:

No problem...on behalf of the band and myself. We appreciate you snagging it. HOPE U LIKE IT. Please let us know. Look fwd to your honest brutal thoughts

John

Hey there, just wanted to post this blog re: Jim's post at the beginning of this thread. very cool stuff by the way Jim, hope you're okay with us reposting it for the world to see!

NEW BRING IT REVIEW!

Hey Folks....!

We are truckin along today and want to share a KICK ASS REVIEW! Now this review is "special" to us. As it didnt come from a website, a magazine , journalist etc etc etc. It came from a dude just like us!! Someone that pre ordered our cd during the holiday season, and waited with baited breath like lil Ralphie on christmas morning. In the end it seems we did not disappoint (or shoot his eye out) Heres Jim in VA review of ROCKARMA "Bring It!"

here it is , the good bad and ugly from the Rockarma album "Bring It!"

1. BADJUNE - good song to kick off the album with. I like the flow and feel of the song. reminds me a bit of AdrianGale meets Danger Danger.

2. BETWEEN YOU N ME - If I had to pick "the best" on the album this song would be it (as of right now). Great melody, great lyrics that just get stuck in your head. The vocals fit so perfect to this style it is scary. love the guitar work. This reminds me of what is so great about 80's AOR / Hardrock mix. I've listened to this so many times all I hear is Rockarma.

3. ALL 4 YOU - this really reminds me of what was really good about the band Slaughter. This has a nice Slaughter style feel to it, not their fly to the angels type ballad but more of the "gave me your heart" style of mid-tempo grooving song. continues with the really good start to the album. again vocals and guitar fit great.

4. GET ME OUTTA THIS HOLE - the first song I'm not crazy about on the album. about 2 minutes into the song it really takes off but then it is over. The song takes too long to hook me into it and is one of my least listen to songs so far. maybe it is a grower.

5. I KNOW - back to the standard of the first 3 songs. Great melody, nice vocals, good guitar. Very Catchy like the early Danger Danger or Firehouse albums. Their is a band on the tip of my tougue that sounds a lot like this song but I just can not place it right now and it is killing me.

6. MISSING YOU - starts out like a Stryper styled song then into pure melodic joy. This reminds me of something that would have been huge on MTv back in the day. would have made it on Dial Mtv along side of Every Rose, Heaven, I Remember You, Love Bites, Up All Night, Love Of A Lifetime...... I just love this song.

7. BRING IT - heavier, more driving straight up rock. Almost should have been the opening track on the cd. Reminds me a lot of AdrianGale styled rock. the only thing that distracts me is the vocals feel a bit out style with the song. what I mean is the rhythem feels like it needs a bit more of a grittier, bluesed up style of vocal to really make the track stand out.

9. FEELS LIKE I'M FALLIN - just a good as any other song on the disc. I was expecting it to start falling off by this time but am very well pleased with the quality of the songs at the end of the disc.

10. LETS GO - Wow, this remines me of AC/DC, X-Sinner and Idle Cure rolled up into one song. this is the vocal sound that would have made the song Bring It stand out for me.

11. THATS ALL - again, I was expecting a song that was a lot less by the end of the album but again am pleased with the quality of songs at the end of the album.

12. SAME OL' SONG - wow, getting into a Tora Tora style feel here again the vocals get a bit more dirty for this song that screams blues rock metal. Guitar work again is great.

my total point score for this album ? I'd have to give it a 93% out of 100. easy one of the top 5 rock albums I've bought this past year GREAT JOB to everyone who had a hand in this album from the players to the producers and the label and those who had the belief that people still crave this kind of music. ..