What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

A nice little bundle in through the office window today:

The Blackout - Hope

New Medicine ~ Race You to the Bottom

Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows ~ D.R.U.G.S.

Panic at the Disco ~ Vices & Virtues

Yellowcard ~ When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes

Winger - IV (Sealed for $3 just because it's the best in the Winger collection...Wes!)

I knew you'd come around! :lol:

I finally bought this travesty also....

and im damn loving it.

Another converted to the good side.

Seriously for those wondering this is my least fav Winger disc but I still think it's very good and very well played but just of deep record both musically and lyrically. Good album.

The samples never did it justice.

BUt still doesnt compare to the awesome monsterness of Karma. Now thats a killer album!

agree completely, Karma is definitely the pinnacle of their career :party421:

Lets not get crazy my friend :christmas:

While Karma is a nice return and the songs are better than the awful IV (Sorry Wes), I wouldn't call it their Pinnacle. I can take or leave anything after Pull, which imo is still their best hour, especially the Japan Press with Hell To Pay.

Is it just me or did the production suck on Karma? That would have helped it a lot.

Scar Symmetry - The Unseen Empire

The Rods - Vengeance

Neal Morse - Testimony 2 (Special Edition)

Status Quo - Quid Pro Quo 2 CD

Arrived today........

Journey - Eclipse

I`m still waiting for mine :crying:

Arrived today........

Journey - Eclipse

I`m still waiting for mine :crying:

Me too. On the way as we speak

agree completely, Karma is definitely the pinnacle of their career :party421:

Lets not get crazy my friend :christmas:

While Karma is a nice return and the songs are better than the awful IV (Sorry Wes), I wouldn't call it their Pinnacle. I can take or leave anything after Pull, which imo is still their best hour, especially the Japan Press with Hell To Pay.

Is it just me or did the production suck on Karma? That would have helped it a lot.

:christmas:

well i'm a fan of Winger so basically the whole 5 albums are great IMO. Though I must say IV is their weakest, it's still very good for me, and the reason why Karma is simply the best is because it sum up all the great things on the previous 4 albums in one strong package and the song composition itself is utterly brilliant, not to mention the matured musicianship which surpass their prior years. Honestly, I haven't spin this for a while so I might take it out again and give it another go to check on the production level

Winger - IV (Sealed for $3 just because it's the best in the Winger collection...Wes!)

and im damn loving it.

Seriously for those wondering this is my least fav Winger disc but I still think it's very good and very well played but just of deep record both musically and lyrically. Good album.

BUt still doesnt compare to the awesome monsterness of Karma. Now thats a killer album!

I like all the releases I've heard with "In the Heart of the Young" being my favorite however I've never found the courage to pick up "IV" as the samples sounded awful to these ears....

Some flea market finds today:

Children Of Bodem- Something Wild

Non Fiction-In The Know

Kim Mitchell-Rockland

Spread Eagle-Revolution Maker (C.D. Single)

Titanic Love Affair-Titanic Love Affair

Sunburn-Flower E.P. (Indie from Hawaii) If it rocks, I will keep. If not, it gets tossed..

and im damn loving it.

I agree Karma was much better but yeah the samples of IV didn't do it justice and there are some great songs on there with some great melodies but you really have to give it a chance and multiple spins. The lyrics are great to with him covering some more serious subjects than her being on Seventeen and being Miles Away and how he Can't Get Enough.

Lion - Trouble In Angel City

Awesome cd, not as good as Dangerous Attraction IMO, but still awesome stuff from Kal and Doug and the boys. I wish they'd find time to do another Lion or even a Bad Moon Rising disc.

Awesome cd, not as good as Dangerous Attraction IMO, but still awesome stuff from Kal and Doug and the boys. I wish they'd find time to do another Lion or even a Bad Moon Rising disc.

agree!

another rare cd to find, did you buy it on eBay jared ? for how much ?

agree!

another rare cd to find, did you buy it on eBay jared ? for how much ?

Yep, $17 ;)

I like them both pretty much equally with Dangerous Attraction being much better produced, excellent sound. I don't understand why the whole Doug & Kal duo ended. Did I read right that Kal kind of became freaked out and just shunned the whole record business? Sucks so bad...BMR was just flat out awesome! I loved their last release Opium.

Journey - Eclipse

Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz...+3 (30th Anniversary Edition)

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of A Madman (30th Anniversary Edition) 2 CD

Bruce Dickinson - Balls To Picasso (Special Edition) 2 CD

Bruce Dickinson - Skunkworks (Special Edition) 2 CD

I like them both pretty much equally with Dangerous Attraction being much better produced, excellent sound. I don't understand why the whole Doug & Kal duo ended. Did I read right that Kal kind of became freaked out and just shunned the whole record business? Sucks so bad...BMR was just flat out awesome! I loved their last release Opium.

Kal's original Pre-Lion NWOBHM band TYTAN is supposedly doing a reunion this summer with a tour and maybe new music. I've read some recent interviews with Doug that says he talks to Kal and he's come to Snake shows in the UK over the last few years but that there's no talk to another album together but he does want to do the 3rd Burning Rain disc but hasn't had time since he joined Snake.

Kal's original Pre-Lion NWOBHM band TYTAN is supposedly doing a reunion this summer with a tour and maybe new music. I've read some recent interviews with Doug that says he talks to Kal and he's come to Snake shows in the UK over the last few years but that there's no talk to another album together but he does want to do the 3rd Burning Rain disc but hasn't had time since he joined Snake.

All 3 of those LIon discs are SCREAMING/BEGGING for a re-issue!!!!!

The first two are ridiculously priced on Ebay, and few and far inbetween. Their last release is still reasonable. How about their last two re-released as a 2 cd set with left over tracks & a live show!

The first two are ridiculously priced on Ebay, and few and far inbetween. Their last release is still reasonable. How about their last two re-released as a 2 cd set with left over tracks & a live show!

Oh I know I've been hunting them down, on the cheap of course, for ever and a day and in my travels I have held only the 3rd disc, but passed on it. :doh:

Dangerous Attraction is still my fave of the 3 even though the first has an equally cool, if slightly different version of my favorite track Powerlove!

Yea, J why not put out a 3 or 4 disc set, the 2 full lengths and the EP with a grip of extras on it? I'd pick it up reasonably priced of course. Wonder if there is some sort of taboo lock/ copywrite issue with re-releasing these?

On topic: got 2 vinyls today:

NW Metal Fest

&

TKO-Let It Roll (BAND SIGNED!!!!!!!!!!!!)