What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Hey......I have this one too!!!!  

Wanna Hustle????

Sure! :banana: <-- unfortunately, that's a pretty accurate approximation of my dancin' style!

LOL!!!!!!!! How cute!!!!

Well.....I doubt my dancin' skills are any much better......so just watch out for my toes!! ;)

:banana::dance:

Oh great.......now I can't get "Do the hustle" outta my head!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Just now realized I didn't post my Texas purchases:

Nelson - After The Rain

Nelson - Because They Can

Nelson - Imaginator

Journey - Red 13

Guardian - Bottle Rocket

Y & T - Contagious

I'm curious about how the Nelson - Imaginator album sounds. I've bid on it a couple times on eBay with no luck. Never tried seriously to get it because I didn't want to shell out a lot of money in case it sucked. If you could let me know your thoughts on it that would be great Jay. :banana::dance:

whoa, new smileys. :D

Its definetley heavier than their debut,but thats no bad thing.

Closest album I'd compare it to is Trixter-Hear,same kinda heaviness with great vocal harmonies!

Anyway,today I picked up:

Firehouse-All she wrote (promo CD single)

Rawchild-S/T

The Poor-Who cares

Eddie Money-Playing for keeps

Jimi Jamison-When love comes down

Various-Hold the dream:Now & then sampler vol.3

Jaded Heart-IV

Dirty Deeds-Danger of infection

Balaam-No more innocence

Von Groove-Test of faith

Wild Ride-Tension & desire

Picked up a few goodies today, all for about $3 each... :banana:

Hardline - Double Eclipse (replacement)

Journey - Arrival

Radio Active Cats - S/T

Nelson - Because They Can

Circus of Power - Magic & Madness

Little Caesar - S/T

Alias - S/T

Winger - In The Heart Of The Young

Brother Cane - Wishpool

Bonnie Raitt - Nick Of Time (I know, not very heavy, but she's great!)

Meat Loaf - Welcome To The Neighborhood

Timothy B. Schmidt - Feed The Fire

Michael Schenker - Adventures Of The Imagination

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Stranger In Us All

Tim Karr - Rubbin' Me The Right Way (I just couldn't help myself... :crazy: )

Hardline - Hot Cherie (CD single)

The Scream - Let It Scream

Steelheart - S/T

Also picked up a couple on vinyl:

Great White - "Out Of The Night"

This is an EP on Aegean Records produced by Don Dokken and Michael Wagener - doesn't say what year, but I've never seen it before.

Tokyo Blade - The Cave Sessions (Official Bootleg)

4-song EP, and I was sorely disappointed - not sure who the singer was, but it sucked! :puking: No info on it at all, not even a date.

Today picked up:

Bangkok Shock - Arrested For Success (this is much better than their album "Back On The Streets" - very Faster Pussycat sounding).

Kiss - Destroyer (Remastered)

and the wife is gonna be mad because I bought more music. :cussing:

Received in the mail yesterday:

Sword - Sweet Dreams

Today I bought the new

Megadeth - The System Has Failed  :flame:

Sword - Sweet Dreams is a great album. I bought that back when their video for "Trouble Is" was being shown on Headbangers Ball. A tad heavy and dark but I like it. I think they were from Canada if I'm not mistaken.

Sword - Sweet Dreams

Today I bought the new

Sword - Sweet Dreams is a great album. I bought that back when their video for "Trouble Is" was being shown on Headbangers Ball. A tad heavy and dark but I like it. I think they were from Canada if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, they were from Canada. I really enjoy the heavy stuff and have been wanting this CD for some time now and finally found it for $15 just last week. Now to hunt down Metalized I heard it's even better.

Sword - Sweet Dreams

Today I bought the new

Yeah, they were from Canada. I really enjoy the heavy stuff and have been wanting this CD for some time now and finally found it for $15 just last week. Now to hunt down Metalized I heard it's even better.

Is this the Sword with the same lead singer as Saints & Sinners??? Rick something or another?? (Don't have it right handy...)

Or am I out in left field again?? :help:

Sword - Sweet Dreams

Today I bought the new

Is this the Sword with the same lead singer as Saints & Sinners??? Rick something or another?? (Don't have it right handy...)

Or am I out in left field again?? :help:

Yes, it is Rick Hughes. Is the Saints & Sinners CD any good, compared to the material he recorded with Sword?

I've never heard the Sword. But the Saints & Sinners is simply STELLAR!!!!! One of my favorites!!! :dance:

But......I remember reading that the Sword is very heavy? Compared to the S&S......

Kind of like what Michael Bormann did with BISS, compared to his Jaded Heart work....

this week:

oslo - oslo (promo but pressed cd. not a cd-r)

yankee - yankee

last week or maybe a few back:

hard knox - psyco's r us

gideons army - grace

kc rose - s/t

cinnamon - eat it

typhoon - sometimes

jannylee - s/t

o so many others

dale

Some varied stuff for me this week:-

MEGADETH "The System has Failed" :banger:

MEGADETH "Cryptic Writings"

MEGADETH "Risk" (the only 2 missing from my collection, and both sound like stadium rock and were produced by Dann Huff of Giant fame)

DARREN HAYES "The Tension & the Spark"

VISION 180 "More to Believe In"

ASIA "Silent Nation"

TIM (2)

:headbanger:

Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Don't Deserve

If you haven't seen the video for "1985" yet, do yourself a favor and try to catch it on VH1 or head to The BFS website and watch it. It's hilarious!

Also picked up a DVD: This is Spinal Tap. I don't know how I've gone so long without it in my collection, but I decided to remedy that tonight.

LOL....kickass video!

Damn, the sound these guys have reminds of the Sum 41 songs in the American Pie movies....which isn't a bad thing IMO. :banana:

Hey Blue Tequila, you may have heard '1985' if you've heard samples of the latest SR-71 CD 'Here we go again' - IMO, the best CD of 2004, closely followed by Frontline.

But yeah, I don't know if it's been addressed in this thread but the song was written by SR-71 and a few lyrics were changed up so it could be included on the BFS CD. I haven't heard their version yet, but like every other SR-71 song, their version is spectacular and I wish they were getting their own fair share of due airplay! Damn the world! :cussing:

Cheers,

Geoff

The SR-71 album also has another hilarious tune called "Axl Rose" which blatantly steals the "Sweet Child O' Mine" riff but is all done in the name of comedy. The SR-71 version of "1985" sounds better than B.F.S, IMO.

Agree with Geoff about the quality of "Here We Go Again". Is not album of the year IMO, but anyone disappointed by the more laid-back Butch Walker should get it as the replacement...

TIM (2)

:headbanger:

After seen Jeff Scott Soto show on Wednesday night, I went purchase the live dvd and cd of his tribute to Queen. I also purchase both of Meodicrock.com cds.

:drink: