What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Some kick ass stuff in the local clearance section yesterday! Man I love CD's!

Laaz Rockit-Left For Dead (Sweden)

Royal Bliss-Life In Between

Drop Dead, Gorgeous-Worse Than A Fairy Tale

The Lowdowns-Diggin A Hole In The Middle Of The World

The Veer Union-Against The Grain

White Heart-S/T & Vital Signs (Home Sweet Home Records CD Double play 1989)

Roger Miret And The Disasters-1984

Excel-The Jokes On You

Last Nerve-Chemical Drive (2002, another Washington State metal indie!!!)

Steve Camp-One On One (1986 Sparrow Records)

Seventh Void-Heaven Is Gone (2009 on Big Vin Records)

Survivor-Vital Signs (1984, original Scotti Brothers release)

Swedish Sins-Compilation 1997 (Sweden) Featuring: Entombed, Leadfoot, The Nomads, The Hellacopters, Backyard Babies, Haystack, Kids Are Sick, Skelett, The Sewergrooves, The Robots, Zen, A-Bombs, Superbee and many more all previously unreleased tracks.)

:bananamac:

Survivor-Vital Signs (1984, original Scotti Brothers release)

Nice one mate, one of my all time favourite albums! :bananamac:

Scar Symmetry - Dark Matter Dimensions

Riot - Live

What's the Riot-Live like Jez?Seen it on Ebay going pretty cheap and wouldn't mind picking it up but still not sure.

It's a nice disc from their UK tour in 1980 with 7 tracks from the Hammersmith Odeon show and all of their 40 + minute set from the The very first Monsters Of Rock show in 1980 (2nd band of the day and a great gig I remember very well). All in all a great live recording from a band nearing their peak in my opinion.

Riot - Live

What's the Riot-Live like Jez?Seen it on Ebay going pretty cheap and wouldn't mind picking it up but still not sure.

It's a nice disc from their UK tour in 1980 with 7 tracks from the Hammersmith Odeon show and all of their 40 + minute set from the The very first Monsters Of Rock show in 1980 (2nd band of the day and a great gig I remember very well). All in all a great live recording from a band nearing their peak in my opinion.

Is that the same one that Metal Blade reiussed years back with most of their other discs or was that from a later lineup? I know they have a few live albums but the only one I have is the 'shine on' disc from the 'Inishmore' tour. I think there's another called Live in Japan from the early 90's but I could be wrong.

Riot - Live

Is that the same one that Metal Blade reiussed years back with most of their other discs or was that from a later lineup? I know they have a few live albums but the only one I have is the 'shine on' disc from the 'Inishmore' tour. I think there's another called Live in Japan from the early 90's but I could be wrong.

Cool guys,i will have to check it out,thank's.

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze OF Glory

Rock Star soundtrack

This Is Spinal Tap soundtrack

ive been listening to Blaze.. for 5 years now and never got round to actually buying a proper copy of it :P but it was the first rock album that i really go into so its kindve ironic :P

Riot - Live

It's the Metal Blade re-issue of the 1980 EP. with the bonus tracks Wes.

Couple more today!!!

Geoff Moore & The Distance-Greatest Hits (2 cd's)

Holocaust-Smokin' Valves The Anthology (2cd)

2 nice ones Martin. Love that Holocaust disc :headbanger:

Riot - Live

Funnily enough....although the front sleeve of the CD is identical to the original vinyl version the tracks are completely different.

The vinyl release is about 30 minutes long, more of an E.P. it was, and features Rhett Forrester on vocals (and has a blinding version of Loved by You on it)....strangely that has never been released on shiny disc. It was recorded at the Peppermint Lounge in NY 1982....I actually have a boot of the full gig that the E.P. came from which is a pretty blistering gig.

The Riot Live CD came a lot later and I actually bought (the Jap import too!) hoping the E.P./mini album would be on it...sadly it isn't, but it's still a fantastic album.

I never knew that mate. Not having owned the original vinyl (I wasn't old enough ;) )I always presumed it was the original EP. + bonus tracks. 10 points to Sir Nick :tumbsup:

Riot - Live

Sorry mate just edited my post....nipped downstairs to check the vinyl out!

The orig. Riot Live E.P. came out 82 as a limited edition on Elektra.

Funnily enough....although the front sleeve of the CD is similar to the original vinyl version, well the Riot Live logo is, the tracks are completely different.

The vinyl release is about 30 minutes long, more of an E.P. it was, and features Rhett Forrester on vocals (and has a blinding version of Loved by You on it along with Hard Lovin Man, Showdown, Loanshark, Restless Breed,Swords and Tequila)....strangely that has never been released on shiny disc (as far as I know). It was recorded at the Peppermint Lounge in NY 1982....I actually have a boot of the full gig that the E.P. came from which is a pretty blistering gig.

The Riot Live CD came a lot later and I bought it (the Jap import too!) hoping the E.P./mini album would be on it...sadly it isn't, but it's still a fantastic album.

Riot - Live

Sorry mate just edited my post....nipped downstairs to check the vinyl out!

The orig. Riot Live E.P. came out 82 as a limited edition on Elektra.

Funnily enough....although the front sleeve of the CD is similar to the original vinyl version, well the Riot Live logo is, the tracks are completely different.

The vinyl release is about 30 minutes long, more of an E.P. it was, and features Rhett Forrester on vocals (and has a blinding version of Loved by You on it along with Hard Lovin Man, Showdown, Loanshark, Restless Breed,Swords and Tequila)....strangely that has never been released on shiny disc (as far as I know). It was recorded at the Peppermint Lounge in NY 1982....I actually have a boot of the full gig that the E.P. came from which is a pretty blistering gig.

The Riot Live CD came a lot later and I bought it (the Jap import too!) hoping the E.P./mini album would be on it...sadly it isn't, but it's still a fantastic album.

Wasn't that Live in New York the same one that you mailed to me a couple of years ago that you had on cdr? If so that one rocked. :headbanger:

Grand Prix - S/T..+3 (Rock Candy Remaster)

Billy bollocks....might have to buy this again, what are the bonus tracks like old bean?

The 3 bonus tracks are all good and are as follows.

Feels Good (Grand Prix) Non LP B-side

Room 155 (Unreleased demo)

Somewhere Tonight (Unreleased demo w/ Bernie Shaw)

DId you see that Rock Candy are re-issuing the mighty 'Reggie Knighton Band' album mid November along with Autograph' 'That's The Stuff' (with both 'American Woman' & 'Six String Fever') and the Fandango 'Cadillac' album?. The Reggie Knighton is well worth your time and effort mate - very quirky stuff, but fantastic all the same.

DId you see that Rock Candy are re-issuing the mighty 'Reggie Knighton Band' album mid November along with Autograph' 'That's The Stuff' (with both 'American Woman' & 'Six String Fever') and the Fandango 'Cadillac' album?. The Reggie Knighton is well worth your time and effort mate - very quirky stuff, but fantastic all the same.

Very interesting indeed !! All 3 of them ! :guitbannana:

• My Little Pony
Winger - Karma

Danger Danger - Revolve

House Of Lords - Cartesian Dreams

Lynch Mob - Smoke And Mirrors

Gotthard - Need To Believe

I want to have those...

I didn't work Tuesday so I hit up the local HMV for:

Chickenfoot - Chickenfoot

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Passion Pit - Manners

Scorpions - Love at First Sting

Shinedown - The Sound of Madness

And some purchases off eGay that won't arrive til next week:

The Brave - Battle Cries

Harem Scarem - Harem Scarem

Steelheart - Good 2B Alive

Treat - Scratch and Bite

Lillian Axe - Fields Of Yesterday +2 bonus tracks

Crazy Lixx - Loud Minority (JP with OBI all the way from swedmetal.com)

...and I want all those Cd's that Wes got today too. I'll be waiting to see some reviews. :whistle::tumbsup:

Lillian Axe - Fields Of Yesterday +2 bonus tracks

Crazy Lixx - Loud Minority (JP with OBI all the way from swedmetal.com)

...and I want all those Cd's that Wes got today too. I'll be waiting to see some reviews. :whistle::tumbsup:

I've heard 3 of them already but haven't heard the Gotthard and Winger yet but should be recieving them all probably by Monday. :headbanger:

This week :

Aftershok (US-PA) - Burning Chrome (Auburn, 2004)

Blackkout (US-FL) - Ignorance Of Man (Indie tape,1989) :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Black Widow (US-MD) - Soldiers From Hell (Indie,2007)

Crionic (Cze) - Different (M.A.B.,1993)

Damaged Justice (Ger) - Unholy Fire (Indie,2004)

Elficus (Can) - Echoes From A Distant Land (Indie E.P,2006)

Elficus (Can) - For The Troubled Minds, It Whispers (Indie,2007)

Gracepoint (US-MN) - Science Of Discontent (Candlewax,2000)

Grip (US-MA) - S/T (Hard Attack,1994)

Iron Lung (US-NY) - Chasing Salvation (Progress,1996)

Kr'uppt (US-CA) - The Spunion Field (Milestone,1996)

Maraya (US-NY) - No Hope For Humanity...? (Rising Sun,1996) - DIGI

Merlyn (Can) - S/T (Indie,1996)

Mister Monster (Can) - Harder Faster Louder (Indie,????) ----------------------------> any info for the year of release?????

Oversoul (US-OK) - Seven Days In November (Brainticket,2000)

Overture (US-LA) - S/T (Indie demo tape, 1994)

Power Of Omens (US-TX) - Rooms Of Anguish (MetalAges,2003)

Reignstorm (US-MD) - Tomorrow's Past (Arkeyn Steel Compilation,2009) - 1000 Handnumbered Copies

Scariot (Nor) - Strange To Numbers (Spiritual Beast,2003) - Jap.Press+OBI+2 Bonus

Six Minute Century (US-TX) - Time Capsules (Nightmare,2008)

Soundsurgery (Austr.) - Syndustry (Indie,1995)

Tears Of Anger (Swe) - Still Alive (Lion,2004)

Triosphere (Nor) - Onwards (Spiritual Beast,2006) - Jap.Press+OBI+2 Bonus

V.A - Blistering Records - Sampler Vol. I (2009)

V.A - Imperative Music - Volume One (2009)

Vis Vires (US-GA) - Inside The Hate (Indie,2005)

more to come but jail is nearest than ever! :lol: