Things Ive learned today

hardrock80srule

I have learned that no matter how long you leave your car's heater and defroster on before you actually get in your car to go to work, and no matter how carefully you scrape all the ice and snow from your vehicle, you will STILL end up with a big glob of frozen material on your windshield directly in your line of sight.

:doh:

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''On a side note, it's sad we live in a world of music where I would be spat on and ridiculed for saying Faber Drive are a millions times better a band than POL, Toto, Urban Tale, Radioactive etc combined. Purely because they're older, better and more experienced musicians will sadly always outweigh the fact that Faber Drive have recorded more excellent songs in one album than all these guys have in combined careers of about 150 years. ''

You are really starting to look foolish now and exactly the reason that some people really shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard. :hammer:

I looked foolish when I was released from my mother's womb and have every day since. Sorry mate, sheep kill me and stuff being 'good', respected or popular for the sake of what others have said or thought is the stupidest concept I can think of. Why is it so wrong to say that A Change of Pace or Faber Drive are better than Toto? Because a few millions people agree with you?

Even if I think 98% of Toto's songs are pure and utter shit one is meant to look up to them for sentimentality and the fact they're good musicians? It doesn't matter anyway - 99% of people will agree with you and the other 1% wouldn't say they did even if they didn't so it's cool. Call me a homo or whatever you want but I get 100% more enjoyment out of a band like Faber Drive or A Change of Pace... compared to the list of bands I mentioned above who could not combine all their collective output to gather one album's worth of decent let alone good songs. IMO. :) I just want to thank Jesus for letting me use this keyboard too.

We'll never agree on the majority of stuff you or I listen to, so I think we'll leave it at that. If you prefer Faber Drive and Change Of Pace etc and think they write better songs etc etc then up to you your opinion (although you have said in the past that you haven't heard that much Toto stuff, so to say that 98% of their songs suck is difficult when you haven't heard them to judge them???) - each to their own and I wish you and your ears the best of luck. :drink:

I learned it's no fun chasing a rabbit around the garden trying to get it back in the hutch when it's this cold and windy. I wasn't doing the chasing but the missus was - it didn't look fun for her....but hey I laughed anyway!

I learned it's no fun chasing a rabbit around the garden trying to get it back in the hutch when it's this cold and windy. I wasn't doing the chasing but the missus was - it didn't look fun for her....but hey I laughed anyway!

I see Gallantry is alive and well in 2007!! :lol:

But the rabbit,what of the rabbit ?? We're all gods creatures after all :crying::whistle::crying:

But the rabbit,what of the rabbit ?? We're all gods creatures after all :crying::whistle::crying:

The rabbit is nice and warm and shielded from the bitter winds by a ton of straw.

The rabbit is nice and warm and shielded from the bitter winds by a ton of straw.

A ton of straw ?? A ton ?? You'll crush it.. :crying:

It's not the killer bunny rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is it? :whistle:

It's not the killer bunny rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is it? :whistle:

AAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Funny you should mention that coz at the time when I was watching the drama unfurl it popped up in the weird mixed up miasma of my mind.

I've learned that to smile you probably need to get some decent sleep somewhere along the way. I sincerely feel as though the top of my eyelids are just going to fall off and blanket my eyes eternally.

I've learned that to smile you probably need to get some decent sleep somewhere along the way. I sincerely feel as though the top of my eyelids are just going to fall off and blanket my eyes eternally.

I re-read that as I was posting it and that last but is kind of emo. Damn I kick ass.

I learned that Geoff needs used toothpicks to keep his blue sex eyes open. :yikes:

I learned today that,you'll laugh,that I have a 3 cd multi-changer,but I only play one cd at a time.

Is it just brash contempt of my player or can I just not be arsed to put 3 in at once ?? Or I may,in a case of total disregard,put a cd in tray 2,or perhaps tray 3 instead of the usual tray 1.

Still in perfect world I wouldn't suffer this quandry.Oh I wish this subtifuge would end,but it won't,cos I'm thinking of buying a 5 cd multi-changer next.Then we'll see won't we ???

I learned that dammit, sometimes a baby just would rather wear the strained pears instead of eat them.

I learned that dammit, sometimes a baby just would rather wear the strained pears instead of eat them.

You'll also find a pair of cherry drop-ear rings and a Kiwi fruit necklace enhances the whole ensemble...

You'll also find a pair of cherry drop-ear rings and a Kiwi fruit necklace enhances the whole ensemble...

Don't forget a nice mashed "Carrot Brouch" they are all the rage this year!!

Only with an Ochre hued skirt-suit Eric,and I fear Keef's offspring is a tad young to grace the catwalk..

Only with an Ochre hued skirt-suit Eric,and I fear Keef's offspring is a tad young to grace the catwalk..

Yes, But Keef's Son tis a such a dashing lad with such panache that he could pull it off in

any colour , style or texture...

I have learnt this week that work really sucks this time of the year, especially where I work at the mail centre. PLEASE STOP SENDING ANY MORE MAIL TO THE UK wherever you are - STOP NOW. Saying that, a lot of the CD and DVD shaped packages that keep arriving seem to have my name written on them for some strange reason.

I learned that my cat really does like to bite your face first thing in the morning. Usually he sleeps on my wife's side of the bed but he's been curling up with me in her absence. He's a peaceful sleeper but I woke up at 6:00am with a pair fangs in my nose. It was kind of cute, but pretty painful to be honest.

I've learned that secretly buying a Christmas gift for my wife is to much damn work.

And damn expensive too.

I've learned that you can make 15,000 jovial, good spirited and unserious posts and people still manage to misunderstand new posts you make as being spiteful or angry - even if it's completely against a 15,000-post-created character. :( This internet thing never ceases to amaze me.