Bang Camaro

metalmaniac777

Anybody heard this band? Apparently these guys realized that in the 80s, all the choruses had gang vocals, and the chorus was the only part anybody actually remembered (they point out that everyone knows the chorus to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," but hardly anyone can sing the verses). So they wrote a whole bunch of 80s hard rock/metal tunes, didn't bother with verses, and have anywhere from 12-20 singers belting out big, catchy, over-the-top choruses. Yes, you read that right: no verses, just choruses, all done with constant gang vocals.

It's interesting, and they certainly capture the spirit of those 80s metal choruses, but I can't honestly say it's something I would listen to much, but it's definitely worth checking out. I think some folks 'round here might just like what these guys have to offer.

Myspace Page

Bang Camaro Home Page

This is some pretty good stuff. A bit like a more raw sounding T-RIDE. That "Pleasure Pleasure" tune is awesome, very Def Leppard sounding. The production doesn't sound too hot, but the I like the idea of constant harmony vocals & they do write some catchy tunes...

Okay, I can't listen to anything at work but I don't want to forget about this thread because I'm not getting any time at home to listen either... what's the go here? How can you record songs without verses? Is it just choruses pretty much on repeat? I'm confused.

I love gang vocals, but this kinda kills it. It's like getting an album full of shred guitar solos. Love a solo in a song, but a whole cd of it is just too damn much.

Okay, heard some of the samples. Yeah, I don't know about this one. It's okay but I can't imagine reaching for this one much at all if I were to get it. It gives a new meaning to the term "don't bore us get to the chorus".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If you don't have this CD let me know, you can have mine. I'll bring it down to DRF. I couldn't get into these guys. I found Push Push Lady Lightning to be alright but after that it was too much.

Yeah, I couldn't get into it either. I've come very close to buying the albums for super cheap a few times, but it still hasn't happened. Not sure if it will. For whatever reason it just seems a little pointless to me. :( I couldn't imagine being passionate about music and getting the opportunity to record, and then only do ti half-assed. Surely they want to write proper songs? Surely...?

If you don't have this CD let me know, you can have mine. I'll bring it down to DRF. I couldn't get into these guys. I found Push Push Lady Lightning to be alright but after that it was too much.

You really don't want the cd? Heck yeah, bring it along with you if you want. :beerbang: