Axel Rudi Pell

Favorite Axel Rudi Pell Album  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think he's any better than your standard "hair metal" guitarist.

?...thats a buncha crap.Been spinning alot of his stuff lately and he plays/writes alot better than your average "hair metal" guitarist.Take a listen to "Mystica".

I've got them all, mate, and sorry... gotta stand by my original words. No offence to the guy, he's just not that great a guitarsit, imo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Been listening to a bit of Pell recently, so dug up this thread. New album out, which is supposed to be reasonable, but nothing special.

My vote was for the debut - probably the most straight ahead rock/metal and least Power Metal album of the Pell CDs I've heard, plus I like pretty much all the songs. My favourite Pell song is 'Land Of The Giants', which is massive. For me, with the exception of the debut, he is more of a song artist as I often find a few tracks that stand out.

Any other favourite Pell songs? I might start a separate poll on this, but need nominations for songs to include.

For me, you will never get disappointed with ARP albums, but I must admit that his releases after "Shadow Zone" are a bit repetitive (same happens to me with Impellitteri).

IMO the best of ARP is "Between The Walls", closely followed by "Black Moon Pyramid" and the debut album.

For me, you will never get disappointed with ARP albums, but I must admit that his releases after "Shadow Zone" are a bit repetitive (same happens to me with Impellitteri).

IMO the best of ARP is "Between The Walls", closely followed by "Black Moon Pyramid" and the debut album.

(At the risk of repeating myself...) any standout songs?

(At the risk of repeating myself...) any standout songs?

From "Between The Walls" the best songs IMO are "Talk Of The Guns", "Warrior" & "Cry Of The Gypsy"

From "Black Moon Pyramid", "Gettin' Dangerous", "Hole In The Sky" and the monster ballad "Silent Angel"

From "Wild Obsession", "Call Of The Wild Dogs", " Cold As Ice" and "Snake Eyes"

These are a few that stand out for me;

'Wild Obsession':

Slave of Love

Cold as Ice

'Nasty Reputation':

Unchain the Thunder

'Eternal Prisoner':

Shoot Her To The Moon

'Between the walls':

Cry of The Gypsy

'Black moon pyramid':