DRIVE

66 mustang

I tried watching the 2 hour debut sunday night, but OH! my fucking Satan!!! the commercial spot times were just ubearable, it was almost laughable, I fucking am not joking, I don't know were you live, but I was getting 7 to 9 minutes of show, and 6 minutes of comercial, and by that I mean every 7 to 9 minutes there was a commercial, I just can't handle that shit, I don't give a fuck if it's the Michael Bolton Telethon, that is just way to fucking many commercials for this dude, it was on the verge of sending me into orbit, I was beyond frustrated. Fuck That Shit, I'll rent the DVD when It comes out.

I really wanted to watch this show but I can't get into a new show.

I watch way to many shows the way it is and I don't have time to start watching a new one. Maybe I'll wait for the dvd set down the road like I have with "24" and "Deadwood".

I boycotted the premiere episode on purpose because it pre-empted "The Simpsons" on Sunday night. Don't NOBODY mess with my Simpsons! :angry:

It would be really interesting to see what the official commercial spot time total was on that show.

What's the plot please ?

What's the plot please ?

Let's see...from what I gather it's a bunch of teams racing cross country for $32 million. Some of the teams are forced into the race because the race organizers kidnapped thier spouse or thier kids or something. They have to collect clues to and get to the next destination within a certain time period or they are out of the race.

someone's description from IMDB

Author: Johnnym-7 from United States

******MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS********* I just got finished watching the first two episodes of Drive, and while it is a good show, it's going to fall into the same pattern television seems to be getting themselves into. How do we keep it up.

Television has been starting to get into the habit of giving us shows like Lost, Prison BVreak, Day Break and The Nine (to name a few) that like to give us more questions than answers. That is no acception to Fox's newest show Drive. In it, the main cast of twelve strangers, along with a cast of extras, are on an illegal cross country road race, with a grand prize of 32 million dollars for the winner.

Some of the elements seem to be borrowed from other shows, like the "mysterious company" that's always heard but not seen, and the husband running after the love of his life while she is being held by said company.

The main problem with this is that after the first season, I don't know how this can continue. They would have to get a new cast, new ways to get them to play, etc. It's like Day Break and Prison Break in that regard, because the first season was good, but look at what happened to Prison Break in it's 2nd season (in my opinion, it completely went to hell)

But the cast is strong in their roles, the driving scenes, while a little contrived, are fun, and it's a good show, as long as you don';t get too invested into it. Because if it does well, and there is a second season, then the show will be completely different

Thanks. Wow, seems to be very cool !

Or just made it a mini-series, and ended it in a few weeks!

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- It's been a short "Drive" for Fox's midseason drama, which has been pulled off the schedule after two weeks on the air.

For the time being, the serialized drama chronicling an underground cross-country race will be replaced by "House" repeats in the Monday 8 p.m. slot.

"Drive" received a strong promotional push on Fox's juggernaut "American Idol" and was launched with a two-night premiere, a strategy regularly used for the network's hit serialized drama "24."

But "Drive" never clicked with viewers, and its two low-rated airings on Monday seemed to hurt its leadout, "24," which posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating for an original episode in more than three years.

It is not clear when and on what platform the remaining nine episodes of "Drive" will air. Streaming the episodes on Fox.com or offering them as downloads through iTunes are among the possibilities under consideration.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Wow! That's the reason I hate to even start watching new shows. If they aren't massive hits right at the start they end up being canned immediately. I still remember ABC canning that Heather Graham show before they even aired one episode. That has to be a record. Heather is hot so I would have watched it.

I watched most of the premiere and part of the next two episodes. Tis a shame that they didn't give it more of a chance. It was somewhat entertaining.

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- It's been a short "Drive" for Fox's midseason drama, which has been pulled off the schedule after two weeks on the air.

For the time being, the serialized drama chronicling an underground cross-country race will be replaced by "House" repeats in the Monday 8 p.m. slot.

"Drive" received a strong promotional push on Fox's juggernaut "American Idol" and was launched with a two-night premiere, a strategy regularly used for the network's hit serialized drama "24."

But "Drive" never clicked with viewers, and its two low-rated airings on Monday seemed to hurt its leadout, "24," which posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating for an original episode in more than three years.

It is not clear when and on what platform the remaining nine episodes of "Drive" will air. Streaming the episodes on Fox.com or offering them as downloads through iTunes are among the possibilities under consideration.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

That was quick. :blink: See what happens when your premier episode pre-empts the Simpsons? Homer will have his revenge!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :homer:

I don't know what went wrong? had plenty of promo's, was a good show. I know the first night it aired in it's real timeslot of Monday's a lot of people were watching the news about Virginia Tech and Fox was giving the reason 24 was down that night was because of Drive.

sometimes I really hate FOX

• 2 months later...

Drive was okay but it was gone before I could really get into it....which in a twisted way may be a good thing because I really hate it when they cancel a show that I really like after only one season AND leave the story arc hanging...the bastards!!.....

• 4 years later...