nevermind

66 mustang

The guy in the first picture of 66 Mustang's post looked very victorious. He's the only member of this thread who has anything to be proud of for being here.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dc01cylon2trprs.jpg

This is the coolest picture EVER. My Geek Radar just went into overdrive. :crazy:

I'll put a pic in my profile of my mustang. this one of very close. mine has balck interrior and black top. Keystone Klassic wheels and does not have side crome pieces behind the door's. Mine does have the crome bars under the bumpers but basicly the same color but my rear is raised just a touch to give it a higher profile than the front that makes it look a bit "tougher"

I'll put a pic in my profile of my mustang. this one of very close. mine has balck interrior and black top. Keystone Klassic wheels and does not have side crome pieces behind the door's. Mine does have the crome bars under the bumpers but basicly the same color but my rear is raised just a touch to give it a higher profile than the front that makes it look a bit "tougher"

Very nice, does yours have the 289? If I remember correcly there are different letter codes for the different type of engines K, A, and C codes are for the 289 if my memory serves me well. I always wanted a Boss 302, but I don't have 50K laying around to purchase one.

yea, it came with the 289. It is sitting in the garage at dads right now. It has in it now a 289 block, 351 windsor heads, bored something like .40 over and when dad was into the motor this year he put in a smaller cam (it had a 3/4 racing cam) and aluminum intake with 4-barrol Holly carb (came with 2 barrow)

It is factory Air Conditioning. a lot of the motor stuff I don't know a lot of tech specs, I know enough to fix most problems.

original color was champainge green, pretty ugly to say the least.

the story behind the car is pretty cool too.

My Uncle in Alabama bought it in 68. the original owner was killed in the car. his throte was cut and him and the car was found in a cotton filed in Alamama. his wife didn't want the car around and sold it as fast as she could. I have always said the car was kind of haunted. If I remember correct, a Marine went awol and was the guilty party to the murder.

yea, it came with the 289. It is sitting in the garage at dads right now. It has in it now a 289 block, 351 windsor heads, bored something like .40 over and when dad was into the motor this year he put in a smaller cam (it had a 3/4 racing cam) and aluminum intake with 4-barrol Holly carb (came with 2 barrow)

It is factory Air Conditioning. a lot of the motor stuff I don't know a lot of tech specs, I know enough to fix most problems.

My Uncle in Alabama bought it in 68. the original owner was killed in the car. his throte was cut and him and the car was found in a cotton filed in Alamama. his wife didn't want the car around and sold it as fast as she could. I have always said the car was kind of haunted. If I remember correct, a Marine went awol and was the guilty party to the murder.

Holy shit that's wild...crazy Marines. Those old cars are so much easier to work on than these new ones with all the electronics. Man, that's just crazy. This thread just became interesting.

yea, it came with the 289. It is sitting in the garage at dads right now. It has in it now a 289 block, 351 windsor heads, bored something like .40 over and when dad was into the motor this year he put in a smaller cam (it had a 3/4 racing cam) and aluminum intake with 4-barrel Holly carb (came with 2 barrel)

Holy shit that's wild...crazy Marines. Those old cars are so much easier to work on than these new ones with all the electronics. Man, that's just crazy. This thread just became interesting.

We went thourgh this summer and did a bit of work to it. new paint job, new top, new carpet and dad did some engine work to it. I'll post some before pics and some during pics of the work being done. Hope to get some finished pics to post too.

th_OhYeah.jpg

this is one from 1988. My Senior year in HS. you really can't see it in the pic but it is painted Candy Apple Red but it is metal flaked. It was pretty cool paint job dad did, looked kind of like a bass boat the way it was flaked in gold.

th_mustang2zoomed.jpg

this one is from about 3 years ago

from this summer:

th_100_0529.jpg

th_100_0530.jpg

th_100_0531.jpg

th_100_0532.jpg

th_100_0533.jpg

coming soon, as soon as I get the camera and the car together some after the work pics.

why will it not allow me to post a full size picture? this is what it tells me when I try to post a larger picture

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

th_OhYeah.jpg

this is one from 1988. My Senior year in HS. you really can't see it in the pic but it is painted Candy Apple Red but it is metal flaked. It was pretty cool paint job dad did, looked kind of like a bass boat the way it was flaked in gold.

th_mustang2zoomed.jpg

this one is from about 3 years ago

from this summer:

th_100_0529.jpg

th_100_0530.jpg

th_100_0531.jpg

th_100_0532.jpg

th_100_0533.jpg

coming soon, as soon as I get the camera and the car together some after the work pics.

why will it not allow me to post a full size picture? this is what it tells me when I try to post a larger picture

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

Dude I'm so jealous.

I'm thinking of something blue.

I'm thinking of something borrowed.

Pete's blue and I've borrowed his love... is the answer Pete?