LION- Fav Album and Songs

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lion is one of my favorite bands of the 80's without a doubt.

Doug Aldrich is one of my favorite Guitarists and Kal Swan is one of my favorite Lead Vocalists.

The rythm section of this band wasn't to bad either with Mark Edwards of Steeler fame on drums and Jerry Best on Bass.

This band was criminally underated IMO as was the Aldrich/Swan songwriting team.(Bad Moon Rising kicked ass too)

My fav album pick is "Dangerous Attraction" by just a hair, even though I could of easily picked "Trouble in Angel City". Picking between those two are like picking my favorite child, even though I don't have any kids.................. that I know about. ;)

Fav song from Dangerous Attraction is "Never Surrender".

Fav song from Trouble in Angel City is "Stranger in the City".

Great poll Wes from a great band. I went Dangerous Attraction by a mile. Songs would be "Powerlove" & "Stranger in the City" though it was much harder picking one off of DA. Hard & Heavy, Fatal Attraction...they're all good!

JL

Fuck yeah; Lion's Dangerous Attraction is what all AOR albums should be judged against. There isn't on bad song on the disc...I chose Powerlove, but In The Name Of Love came in a close second that song starts out nice and mellow then POW he starts screaming "In The Name Of Love". This is in my top 5 all time favorite albums.

lionda4970908790972020.jpg

I'm truly embarrassed to say I can't vote on this one... for now. I always liked the band but for some reason they're one of the very few bands that I can't remember their songs and stuff off the top of my head. :( Will have to give all 3 a listen again and vote. Very good band.

Great band. My fave album is Trouble in Angel City, and 'Stranger in the City' + 'Victims Of Circumstance' (2 bloody killer songs). And my fave song from 'Dangerous Attraction' is 'In The Name Of Love'.

I'm truly embarrassed to say I can't vote on this one... for now. I always liked the band but for some reason they're one of the very few bands that I can't remember their songs and stuff off the top of my head. :( Will have to give all 3 a listen again and vote. Very good band.

You should be embarrassed. ;)

Great poll Wes from a great band. I went Dangerous Attraction by a mile. Songs would be "Powerlove" & "Stranger in the City" though it was much harder picking one off of DA. Hard & Heavy, Fatal Attraction...they're all good!

JL

I have you to thank for introducing me to this band. :drink:

I still have a blank cassette with Dangerous Attraction on one side and I think Victory 'Voiceprint' on the other side that you had hooked me up with many years ago.

I still have a blank cassette with Dangerous Attraction on one side and I think Victory 'Voiceprint' on the other side that you had hooked me up with many years ago.

If it has Dangerous Attraction on one side, and Victory on the other, then it is not really a "blank" tape anymore, is it? :P

Sorry, couldn't resist being a wise ass. I know nothing about this Lion band therefore I cannot contribute any further, sorry for the interruption. :angel:

If it has Dangerous Attraction on one side, and Victory on the other, then it is not really a "blank" tape anymore, is it? :P

Sorry, couldn't resist being a wise ass. I know nothing about this Lion band therefore I cannot contribute any further, sorry for the interruption. :angel:

You smart ass. :axe:

You've never heard the Transformers theme from the movie?

Lion was a great Hard Rock band and the singer Kal Swan sounded similar to Coverdale.

If I had to compare them to anyone I'd say Whitesnake but they were a little heavier than 'Snake.

If you want to hear some of their songs let me know.

JL

You're welcome my friend...glad I could help :)

JL

Lion was a great Hard Rock band and the singer Kal Swan sounded similar to Coverdale.

If I had to compare them to anyone I'd say Whitesnake but they were a little heavier than 'Snake.

Well, they sound an awful lot like Bad Moon Rising.... :banana::P

JL

I gotta be me.... :angel:

And I'm not sure if I've heard the Transformers movie theme. If I have, it's been years and years. I think I saw the movie back in the day but I couldn't tell you for sure. Although I was looking at the DVD in Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and thinking about picking it up cuz my son is starting to discover the Transformers and figured he might think it was pretty cool.

I gotta be me.... :angel:

And I'm not sure if I've heard the Transformers movie theme. If I have, it's been years and years. I think I saw the movie back in the day but I couldn't tell you for sure. Although I was looking at the DVD in Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and thinking about picking it up cuz my son is starting to discover the Transformers and figured he might think it was pretty cool.

My son is a little over a year old now and I absolutely can't wait for him to get into that stuff. I watched Transformers, GI Joe & He-Man (yeah, I know..."By the power of Greyskull...")

Even more so I can't wait to imprint my music into his little brain :P

JL

JL

You're welcome my friend...glad I could help :)

JL

Well, they sound an awful lot like Bad Moon Rising.... :banana::P

JL

Of course it sound like BMR, well the 1st BMR album at least.

The other 2 BMR releases were a little heavier and experimental, not that there was anything wrong with that.

Fuck yeah; Lion's Dangerous Attraction is what all AOR albums should be judged against.

I wouldn't really call this AOR? More like kick ass hard rock and bordering a little on hair metal!

Fuck yeah; Lion's Dangerous Attraction is what all AOR albums should be judged against.

I wouldn't really call this AOR? More like kick ass hard rock and bordering a little on hair metal!

Sorry, I was trying to be as broad as possible.

I agree, this is not AOR but melodic hard rock IMHO.

Few bands as perfectly encapsulate what the 80s hard rock scene was all about as Lion. The looks, the guitars, the hooks, the choruses, the vocals...they had it all. Not my favorite group by any stretch of the imagination, but they're nowhere near the bottom of the list either. Here's how I voted in this poll:

1. "Dangerous Attraction"

2. "Hard and Heavy"

3. "Lock up Your Daughters"

I'm so embarrased, I haven't been in the Polls section for quite some time. Lion's easily one of my fav bands of all time and Aldrich is one of my fav guitarists of all time as well. Dangerous Attraction for me, first time I heard Fatal Attraction, it fuckin' hit me like a brick.

Songs are:

Fatal Attraction (obviously from the above paragraph...)

Hungry for Love

But honestly, there's not one song I don't like on any of their releases.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put on my excercise boots and singlet to show off my muscles and I did excercise in my own little dark room and thought I'd pick out my Lion collection to assist me in my excercise. So I dig through my supposed "collection" and find out I only own 'Power love' and 'Trouble in angel city'. I don't even own 'Dangerous Attraction'!!!! Never even heard it. F*CK!!!

Wes, buddy, cousin... can you please hook me up with a copy? Please. :wub:

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put on my excercise boots and singlet to show off my muscles and I did excercise in my own little dark room and thought I'd pick out my Lion collection to assist me in my excercise. So I dig through my supposed "collection" and find out I only own 'Power love' and 'Trouble in angel city'. I don't even own 'Dangerous Attraction'!!!! Never even heard it. F*CK!!!

Wes, buddy, cousin... can you please hook me up with a copy? Please. :wub:

No problem.

Thanks cousin Wes... you're my saviour.

I can't tell you how excited I am too, because 'Trouble in Angel City' absolutely kicked my ass last night - I'd fogotten it was THAT good. Every song is excellent and if 'Dangerous Attraction's getting all these votes and is supposedly even better... I am in for an ear-beating frenzy.

'Can't stop the rain' is my fave track off 'Trouble in angel city'.

Okay, the votes are in (thanks Wes!):

Favourite Album - definately 'Trouble in angel city'. 'Dangerous Attraction' is definately a great CD, but 'TIAC' is clearly the more melodic of the two... and for a man who loves his commercial hard rock gems, there was no way I was not going for 'TIAC'.

'Dangerous Attraction' Song - 'Armed and dangerous'. Killer hard rocker, with 'In the name of love' a close 2nd.

'TIAC' song - 'Can't stop the rain'. The other 8 a close 2nd.

Excellent band.

• 4 months later...

Lion is a great band! I really like both "Dangerous Attraction" & "Trouble In Angel City"!

But, I had to go with "Trouble In Angel City", just by a little.....

My favorite song on "Dangerous Attraction" is:

- In the Name Of Love

My favorite song on "Trouble In Angel City" is:

- Love Is A Lie

Picking between those two are like picking my favorite child, even though I don't have any kids.................. that I know about. ;)

Daddeeeeee :duel: