Latest Friction Baby Talk Auction

I could give 2 shits what you think Geoff.

You've already made that quite clear. I just hope I've also made it very clear that I couldn't give the slightest toss what you think in regards to any issue either.

Well... glad we got that all settled then. :blink:

-Dan

I try my best to keep it mainstream and in-focus, and real.

That's our Geoff... Keepin It Real! Tru Dat! Yo Yo Yo... Boiiiiiiiiiii B)

My thumb is curled into my palm, my pinky and index fingers are raised and my two middle fingers are crossed together so my hand looks like a big W. That's how real I am.

My thumb is curled into my palm, my pinky and index fingers are raised and my two middle fingers are crossed together so my hand looks like a big W. That's how real I am.

Can't get much more realerer than that I guess :wacko:

:rofl2: Classic Geoff! You are about as black as Bill Gates my friend! :P

JL

Stormy - you have it all fucked up again - typical Russian.

To Dan: Dan, I realize that after what I am to say now I will most likely not be able to use HH.com any longer, however...

To Sam: Sam, I have never ever had any issues with you; In fact-I did purchase quite a few CDs from you in the past; I would stay away from any Retrospect related arguments here on HH, but this time you are pushing it too hard. I am Russian, but this is irrelevant. How can you make such a generalizing statement? "Fucked it up again-typical Russian"...and how many Russians do you know? I have had a lot of respect for your label and you(even though we never met in person) as a business man, but after reading a statement from the CEO of a record label which is clearly biased-I think I will change my mind.

To Dan: Dan, I realize that after what I am to say now I will most likely not be able to use HH.com any longer, however...

To Sam: Sam, I have never ever had any issues with you; In fact-I did purchase quite a few CDs from you in the past; I would stay away from any Retrospect related arguments here on HH, but this time you are pushing it too hard. I am Russian, but this is irrelevant. How can you make such a generalizing statement? "Fucked it up again-typical Russian"...and how many Russians do you know? I have had a lot of respect for your label and you(even though we never met in person) as a business man, but after reading a statement from the CEO of a record label which is clearly biased-I think I will change my mind.

Unless someone already edited your post, I have seen much worse than this said on here. I'm not taking sides here, but I think your statement is fair. Sam, I have been very open minded about you because I am not perfect and no one else is. But the comments were way too broad. If you have a problem with a person in particular it doesn't mean the whole race is "typical". It would really show some class if you would apologize.

This thread is another ugly one that I get tired of. Supporting each other goes further than tearing one another down. It's your choice to make guys...

JL

Unless someone already edited your post, I have seen much worse than this said on here

Hey, Mullethead, no, they have not edited my post. I was about to write something very similar to what Sam did, but then I changed my mind-just like you said, Mullethead-I am not perfect either. Once again, I want to make sure that everyone understands where I come from: I am not trying to ignite another conflict here; in fact-I was always trying to stay away from any Retrospect related arguments involving obsenitites, but this time it is different. This is something I would never expect from the owner/CEO of a record label and I am very upset about the fact that this comment is actually admittable on this board.

Sam, I have been very open minded about you because I am not perfect and no one else is. But the comments were way too broad. If you have a problem with a person in particular it doesn't mean the whole race is "typical". It would really show some class if you would apologize.

JL

I personally dont need Sam's apologies, but would be nice to see him offering them to ashen light and all Russians in general. If he doesnt want to do it personally to the people involved here, he may do it out of respect to the nation which is one of his major suppliers for his sales.

And just to clarify one thing known to many on this forum already - I'm not a Russian. I'm Bulgarian.

Sam, I have been very open minded about you because I am not perfect and no one else is. But the comments were way too broad. If you have a problem with a person in particular it doesn't mean the whole race is "typical". It would really show some class if you would apologize.

JL

I personally dont need Sam's apologies, but would be nice to see him offering them to ashen light and all Russians in general. If he doesnt want to do it personally to the people involved here, he may do it out of respect to the nation which is one of his major suppliers for his sales.

And just to clarify one thing known to many on this forum already - I'm not a Russian. I'm Bulgarian.

That may be but making comments about his suppliers is exactly what ignites flamefest's like these....

JL

And it wasnt like they were buying them cheaper and cheaper you know... and where is the logic of coming in person to your office to pick their CDs and not buy everything they need directly from you, and not for the crazy prices they often end on eBay?

I picked up auctions I won from both Sam and his brother every time. Actually, if you live close enough, why wouldn't you pick up your winnings in person? I see two simple benefits from going to pick them up. One, I was able to pick them up 5 minutes after the auction had ended (why wait for days to get them in the mail?). Two, why pay a shipping charge if the seller would allow you to pick up your winnings?

Another benefit from picking them up right at Sam's house was his knowledge of the music its self. On many occassions we would chat about certain bands and music in general. I have picked up every auction I have ever won... and every time I was invited into Sam's home and was free to brouse his whole collection as well. Many times I was left alone it his "music/ebay" area while he was taking care of business elsewhere.... Doesn't seem to me that if Sam had anything to hide I would basically have free reign.

To me, it would make no sense not to go pick up the auctions I won from Sam... It's a no-brainner.

A win ~ win situation.

To me, it would make no sense not to go pick up the auctions I won from Sam... It's a no-brainner.

A win ~ win situation.

That wasnt the point of my argument at all, but I agree with you anyway and thank you for taking your time responding to my posting

Hey, I'm just giving him a very valid reason to apologise. It's up to him if he will do it or not.

I can tell you've been living in America for a long time with that kind of baseless optimism. ;)