The "Glam" Pantera Albums

Favorite "Glam-Tera" album  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, so I finally got my hands on the four "glam" Pantera albums that the band self-released in the early 80s, and I can't get enough of these four discs! I honestly think I like Pantera better as a hair band and was just curious what the rest of y'all think. I personally think that POWER METAL (the first one with Phil Anselmo on vox) is the best overall, but of the three with Terence on vocals, PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE is a very close second. (The METAL MAGIC debut, however, is mostly laughable, with terrible production and one of the worst album covers in metal history to boot.)

Release the hounds... and remember "WE ALL...ROCK THE WORRRRRRRLD!" :)

Most assuredly......I like Pantera MUCH better in the 'glam' era.

Question, Keef........do you have the Lord Tracy "Deaf Gods Of Babylon" with Terrence on vox??? If not.......GET IT!!! I loooooooove that CD!!! :dance:

Gotta go with Projects In The Jungle for this one. I didn't really like Power Metal at all although I'm a Pantera fan with or without Anselmo. R.I.P Dimebag/Diamond Darrell

Somebody please hook the man up with some Diamond Darrell!!!!!!!!

Question, Keef........do you have the Lord Tracy "Deaf Gods Of Babylon" with Terrence on vox??? If not.......GET IT!!! I loooooooove that CD!!! :dance:

No, I do not have the Lord Tracy CD, I have heard it but it's been years ... one of my college buddies had the cassette back in the day. Good stuff, I'm gonna have to track that one down again...

I never knew they had a "glam era". Where can I pick these up at?

They've been out of print for years (and it would seem that the band is somewhat embarrassed by that part of their history and so they're going out of their way to KEEP them out of circulation) but bootlegs abound... just sent you a PM on the topic, H4L.

I never knew they had a "glam era". Where can I pick these up at?

They've been out of print for years (and it would seem that the band is somewhat embarrassed by that part of their history and so they're going out of their way to KEEP them out of circulation) but bootlegs abound... just sent you a PM on the topic, H4L.

I did read an interview with Vinnie about releasing these albums and they are going

at some time...in a box set..that would be cool... :banger:

No, I do not have the Lord Tracy CD, I have heard it but it's been years ... one of my college buddies had the cassette back in the day. Good stuff, I'm gonna have to track that one down again...

Comin' atcha to check out... You'll die laughin' on the song 3HC!!! :lol:

I did read an interview with Vinnie about releasing these albums and they are going

at some time...in a box set..that would be cool... :banger:

I hadn't heard that, but Vinnie *DOES* have his own record label now (Big Vin), so he might as well release'em, Lord knows he's got every right to ... and besides, those albums have been bootlegged like hell over the years, he might as well put 'em out officially and make some of that coin himself...

METAL MAGIC would definitely need a remastering job though... :P

You rock, MJ. Have I told you lately that you rock? If not, you SO rock... :P

OK, so I finally got my hands on the four "glam" Pantera albums that the band self-released in the early 80s, and I can't get enough of these four discs! I honestly think I like Pantera better as a hair band and was just curious what the rest of y'all think. I personally think that POWER METAL (the first one with Phil Anselmo on vox) is the best overall, but of the three with Terence on vocals, PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE is a very close second. (The METAL MAGIC debut, however, is mostly laughable, with terrible production and one of the worst album covers in metal history to boot.)

Release the hounds... and remember "WE ALL...ROCK THE WORRRRRRRLD!" :)

Usually you're right-on-the-money, but this is just all wrong. 20 seconds of "Mouth For War" or "Primal Concrete Sledge" will have you back on-track... :lol:

I have "Power Metal" but I would take every album in the post-'poncing around with lipstick & hairspray' era, to that one. Even the fairly average "Great Southern Trendkill" CD... Sorry.

Usually you're right-on-the-money, but this is just all wrong. 20 seconds of "Mouth For War" or "Primal Concrete Sledge" will have you back on-track... :lol:

I have "Power Metal" but I would take every album in the post-'poncing around with lipstick & hairspray' era, to that one. Even the fairly average "Great Southern Trendkill" CD... Sorry.

Haha, what can I say, my fellow thrash fiend? Diff'rent strokes for Diff'rent folks I guess. I should point out that I do also enjoy COWBOYS FROM HELL (which is a classic, fan-fuckin'-TASTIC album all the way around) and to a lesser extent VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER, but that was about it for me with Pantera. From then on they seemed to be going out of their way to be as screamy, abrasive and extreme as possible with every new record and that just ain't me. :)

The four Glam-tera albums, in addition to being cool little novelty items, are an interesting little time capsule... none of'em are classics for the ages of course, and if they'd stayed on that musical path I doubt Pantera would've ever become as huge as they did, but there is some good stuff to be had spread throughout those records and I feel they deserved some attention. :)

maa maa maa mayonaiiise mayonaise

I like the glam era but prefer "Vulgar Display of Power" over anything they ever did.

My choice for this poll is "Projects in the Jungle", it's just a great mix of Priest and classic Def Leppard.

"Powermetal" is my 2nd choice with 'Proud to be Loud' a classic IMO.

maa maa maa mayonaiiise mayonaise

:rofl: I love that silly song..... :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have these years ago .... f*ck me Pantera have to be the biggest bandwagon jumpers though - I was always wondering who their next album was gonna borrow off. :lol:

My fave is/was probably I Am The Night closely followed by Projects then Power Metal.I also quite like Metal Magic..it had a great song in "Nothing on but the Radio" haha killer stuff! (Shoulda kept 'em)

• 1 year later...

I've been on a "Glam-Tera" binge lately and listening to a lot of I AM THE NIGHT, PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE and POWER METAL... so I'm a-bumpin' this oldie but goodie for anyone who didn't get to vote the first time. ..