Which retrospect titles have sold out?

hardrockingcollector

• 2023 Gold Donors
I was under the impression that the cds were all limited to 100, as advertised in the auction strictly limited. If they are repressed, they are not limited to 100, nor are they strictly limited. right?

I think a lot of the ones that were limited to 100 are to see how the cd sells. If it sells out (as is the case with Defcon) they did another pressing with a silver cd, bigger booklet and I think the track listing might have been different (don't quote me on that). I don't know if they have any plans on redoing any of the other title that sold out. I hope they do another one of Friction (silver pressing).

What for Sam to read this post and he can clarify everything for you. I'm just going off of stuff that I read in other posts.

I think a lot of the ones that were limited to 100 are to see how the cd sells. If it sells out (as is the case with Defcon) they did another pressing with a silver cd, bigger booklet and I think the track listing might have been different (don't quote me on that). I don't know if they have any plans on redoing any of the other title that sold out. I hope they do another one of Friction (silver pressing).

This doesnt ring a right bell to me. If you make 100 CDRs and sell them on eBay for the heftly sums as Friction did, then if you make real pressing that would mean you already turned off 100 potential customers. I dont think many people will buy it again once they got the "limited" CDR version, so it really doesnt make sense of making real pressing after saturating the market with the CDRs - you're better of pressing another batch of 100 CDRs instead in my opinion.

I was under the impression that the cds were all limited to 100, as advertised in the auction strictly limited. If they are repressed, they are not limited to 100, nor are they strictly limited. right?

Let me ask you a question: how do you determine those are limited - the CDRs dont have LOT numbers on the inner rim as regular CDs do, they are not hand-numbered or marked in any other way that would indicate the uniqueness of every single unit. So how do you know? :)

Yikes. Your right. And being that Sam won't answer the question, I guess stomrspell must have it right... I was buying under the assumption these were all strictly ltd pressings of 100.

All I'm saying is that those should not be considered limited as there is no valid indication to prove it.

I dont know if Sam really prints only 100, or reprints them if there is still demand - that no one can tell but him. I'm sure Sam will stop by and shed some light when he sees this topic.

Hi guys , seems like I am a little late in responding....the following titles are sold out....

Friction

TKO (both titles)

Vyper

Boss

ALMOST sold out...(under 10 copies left)

Rock Boulevard

Antix

Alyze (both titles)

Dreamstreet

Roxy Lane

First Strike

Blitzkrieg

and a few others that I cannot see right now..

Will any of these see a re-press? highly doubtful.

If they do see a re-press , the artwork , catalog number and cd itself will look completely different as well as a bonus track or two.

When I say limited 100 units , I mean it.

The Friction one wasn't a silver-pressed one, was it? Sorry, I haven't really followed all this sort of stuff, but that Friction album is a deadset gem of a disc. I'd love to see that one get a fully artworked and silver-pressed re-issue... f*cking sensational album which deserves a place in everyone's collection.

The Friction one wasn't a silver-pressed one, was it? Sorry, I haven't really followed all this sort of stuff, but that Friction album is a deadset gem of a disc. I'd love to see that one get a fully artworked and silver-pressed re-issue... f*cking sensational album which deserves a place in everyone's collection.

While I wouldn't mind seeing Retrospect give Friction a proper silver-pressed reissue, I have to say I don't understand all the hype/demand for the band. Aside from "Wave Goodbye to a Friend" (phenomenal ballad!), there's nothing on this CD that would make me call it a "deadset gem" (sorry, Geoff!!). Previously-mentioned ballad aside, Friction sounds like a whole bunch of formulaic early Bon Jovi B-sides. Nothing really wrong with it, but "f*cking sensational" it is not. Then again, what would you expect from someone who thought The Used: "In Love & Death" was a good album? :lol: (Sorry, Geoff, couldn't resist, but you know I jest, mate!) :drink:

Yeah, I prefer 'Baby Talk' to most Bon Jovi CDs too, I have to admit. Mark, I am offended that in noting the good songs you would mention the amazing 'Wave goodbye to a friend' but fail to mention the stunning, one-of-the-best-songs-ever-recorded glory of 'Down and lonely'!!! I thought our tastes were WAY too similar for you not to notice that song. :(

I don't know what it is about the album - it just seems to encapture everything I love about late 80's / early 90's commercial hard rock.

Well put Geoff, I completely agree. There was only a tiny point in time there from like '89 to '91 that is my absolute favorite favorite period of MHR/AOR Hard Rock and "Baby Talk" and very few others are what I'd say exemplify this fav period of mine to a tee. Rock Boulevard, Sgt Roxx, Theatre, and even the more common releases like Valentine and Firehouse are some of the others that I just love and are a major reason why I'd say this period is my fav. Don't get me wrong, I like later (in the mid 90's) and earlier in the 80's (of course ;), but there is just something about this era from say even '88 to '92 (maybe it's because it was the last part of the genre to evolve in the mainstream before it died, who knows), but yeah, Friction totally does it for me too. This thing never gets old for me, never will either.

Me too, mate. '88-'92 was the best period of music in history... I agree. :) The best sound, the best songs, the most consistent... it was all just awesome in that period.

Me too, mate. '88-'92 was the best period of music in history... I agree. :) The best sound, the best songs, the most consistent... it was all just awesome in that period.

Yeah, and NIRVANA released their first two albums 1989 and 1991 and turned out the music world upside-down... great period, I'm speechless :anon:

Yeah, and NIRVANA released their first two albums 1989 and 1991 and turned out the music world upside-down... great period, I'm speechless :anon:

Well, I believe Milli Vanilli released a cd in there somewhere too but he is probably just referring to the hair band period :axe::)

JL

I have to admit. Mark, I am offended that in noting the good songs you would mention the amazing 'Wave goodbye to a friend' but fail to mention the stunning, one-of-the-best-songs-ever-recorded glory of 'Down and lonely'!!! I thought our tastes were WAY too similar for you not to notice that song.

Sorry, Geoff, no offense intended, but the only other song off "BabyTalk" that left an impression on me was "Broken Heart Charity Ball," which I thought was a pretty decent rocker. Truth be told, I haven't heard the album in years, so perhaps I would feel more kindly towards it if I picked it up again and gave it another spin or two. For the record, I don't think it's a bad album, just nothing special. We often agree, mate (well, except when it comes to religion, ha-ha :) ) but on this one we parted company after the awesome "Wave Goodbye to a Friend."

Joining in after most of the conversations have been said..... :agree: with Geoff wholeheartedly......Awesome album that I would buy in a flash if it were silverpressed....

And to think who's ever responsible for ending that era of tunes, I oughtta kill em!!

:anon:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.