Retrospect Records Newsletter 04-06-06

whiplash1972

Hello! It is now the beginning of April and Retrospect is pleased to announce much great news. The company continues to grow with more and more retailers stocking our products around the world. Our releases are being played on the radio in half a dozen countries and the hits on the website have more than tripled in the last 3 months.

Thanks to all the true fans of melodic rock / AOR who have made this happen. Retrospect also has A & R reps in various parts of the world and are always on the look out for obscure material.

Retrospect's merger with a formidable Japanese label is also now complete and you will see the first release as a result of that merger within weeks. The band ENTICE will kick off Retrospect's subsidiary RetroThrash very soon.

Defcon has officially sold out of their first pressing and as a result of the huge demand for their work , we are re-issuing 1,000 units of their album which will include 2 bonus tracks , lyrics and pics. Congratulations guys! I'm sure the first press will turn into a nice collectors item. The release of Defcon '2' is also in the works so watch out for that!!

In other Defcon news , Tony Artino and Nick LePar have been kind enough to allow Retrospect to re-issue their pre-Defcon band's album DREAMSTREET (1986) which includes the vocalist of Breathless and The Innocent. A fantastic slice of AOR.

Mariah and Manila Thrills are also selling mighty well and we'll also see releases Mariah '3' and post-Manila Thrills band Hairy Scary (1992) in the coming weeks.

Other signings and releases slated for April....

The Action "Louder Than Words" - 1986 AOR

Strike - 1984 - Melodic Hard Rock

Cracked Actor - 1989 Female Fronted AOR

Weapons - Captive Audience and Second Thoughts (both are cd/dvd sets) AMAZING

Melodic Metal from 1986-1990

Herazz - self-titled release from 1987 and Boogeyman (1995) - Hair Metal

AZ.U.R. - 1994 - Melodic Hard Rock

Klimax - 1989 - Hair Metal

Axtion - Look Out For The Night - 1985 - It's taken a while but this sucker is ready to rock!!

XL New York - 1985-1990 - KILLER Melodic Hard Rock / AOR

O'Dette - 1989 - Hair Metal like Defcon!

Nasty Black - 1993 - Melodic Hard Rock from Canada

STIT - 1990 - Hair Metal

Sharx - 1985 - Foreigner / Toto style AOR with amazing vocals

Slam Savvy - 1991 - Hair Metal

Stranger - Live album - now Retrospect will carry the ENTIRE Stranger catalog!!

Blind Gypsy - 1994 - One of the best Melodic Hard Rock indies EVER.

Saylor - early 90s Melodic Hard Rock

Tyger Tyger - 1993 - Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal from Florida

Strike Force - 1990 - Fantastic Melodic Hard Rock / Metal from the midwest

Tainted Angel "A Little Heaven" - Hair Metal / Glam

and finally.....

Herman Rarebell "now and then".

That's right folks , Mr Herman Rarebell of the Scorpions has signed with Retrospect Records and we are bringing to you a CD/DVD set that will include the entire Herman ze German and friends album plus lots of new bonus tracks plus an in-depth interview and rare concert footage of the Scorpions direct from Herman's vault. This one is going to be HUUUUGE.

I made a prediction back in August 2005 that Retrospect Records would be the world's largest re-issue label in 1 year. I believe I have managed that within 8 months. Retrospect is releasing and signing more bands than anyone and it's all for the passion for this music....the bands are finally receiving royalty checks that they so rightly earned and some bands are even prompted into reunions and recording new material!!

I am honored to receive your support and hope you continue to be part of the Retrospect team by promoting this music to your family and friends and of course , the media.

Take care my friends , YOU ROCK!!

Sam McCaslin

CEO - President

Retrospect Records , Inc

www.retrospectrecords.com

P.S. Be sure to visit the website and check out bands like Mariah , Manila Thrills , NewCity Rockers , Bad Candy , Pleezer and the 100+ titles that are still available.

I wonder if the re-issue of the Defcon will be silver this time around? I have the other one and it's freaking amazing! If it comes out silver, I will sell my other one and buy it in a heartbeat!

JL

I see that AOR Heaven is stocking the Mariah reissues, so it looks like Retrospect is starting to make the transition to using traditional vendors for at least some of the releases. A good sign.

-Dan

.S. Be sure to visit the website and check out bands like Mariah , Manila Thrills , NewCity Rockers , Bad Candy , Pleezer and the 100+ titles that are still available

The site only has 97 including these? and they are not all available.

Am I missing something?

.S. Be sure to visit the website and check out bands like Mariah , Manila Thrills , NewCity Rockers , Bad Candy , Pleezer and the 100+ titles that are still available

The site only has 97 including these? and they are not all available.

Am I missing something?

If you actually took the time to count how many releases are listed on that site...you might just want to get a life..... :lol:

I wonder if the re-issue of the Defcon will be silver this time around? I have the other one and it's freaking amazing! If it comes out silver, I will sell my other one and buy it in a heartbeat!

JL

I'd be interested in the Defcon as well if it were silver pressed this time around. Sounds like Sam's doing a-ok despite a few bumps in the road. Congrats! :drink:

I wonder if the Defcon will actually be as originally stated. On RR site it says that all 4 demos are on 1 cd, which is incorrect. I have a demo of theirs and the song Open Your Heart is not on the cd. If it is silver pressed and has all the songs it would be great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Other signings and releases slated for April....

Weapons - Captive Audience and Second Thoughts (both are cd/dvd sets) AMAZING

Melodic Metal from 1986-1990

Axtion - Look Out For The Night - 1985 - It's taken a while but this sucker is ready to rock!!

STIT - 1990 - Hair Metal

When will these titles get released?

Am I the only one who's waiting for these releases? :anon:

Weapons - Captive Audience and Second Thoughts (both are cd/dvd sets) AMAZING Melodic Metal from 1986-1990

In Production - will be available within 14 days

Already released and available - will be on the website next week

In Production - will be available within 7 days

STIT - 1990 - Hair Metal

In art department - available within 3 weeks

Finishing up in art department - available in 2 weeks

Sorry for the delay , we are backed up with about 50 releases

Full Details coming soon....

I can give you a heads up on a few signings and tell you that the following bands have just inked a deal with Retrospect Records....

Wild August

Mass

AlleyRat

Intrinsic

Mr Dangerous

Lazy Susan

RPM (2 cd set including RPM s/t + Phonogenic that are digitally remastered from the original master tapes - NOT taken from vinyl like the lame MTM version - this one includes a massive 16-page booklet with liner notes from Mark Gendel himself)

Other titles that are to follow very soon

Slam Savvy

Mariah '3' (silver - pressed of course)

the new silver-pressed Defcon with different artwork , bonus tracks and nice booklet.

Herman Ze German & Friends - silver-pressed with liner notes from Herman himself - may include a bonus dvd.

PLUS LOTS MORE!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Weapons - Captive Audience and Second Thoughts (both are cd/dvd sets) AMAZING Melodic Metal from 1986-1990

In Production - will be available within 14 days

Already released and available - will be on the website next week

In Production - will be available within 7 days

STIT - 1990 - Hair Metal

In art department - available within 3 weeks

Finishing up in art department - available in 2 weeks

Sorry for the delay , we are backed up with about 50 releases

Any updates?

Thats great 80s. There are alot of people who are really enjoying the rarities - glad you are one of them. So much more music to come.

UPDATES COMING SOON

Defcon IN production - it's absolutely AMAZING. a HUGE 20-page booklet.

WOOHOO

Keep your first copy folks! It WILL become a collectible.

The second pressing has completely different artwork and different tracks AND has a DIFFERENT catalog number.

The first 100 will become a collectors item.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.