The Uninteresting Thread

Malebolgia

The quote on my calendar at the moment is:

"People don't notice whether it is winter or summer when they are happy."

More like people don't know whether it's winter or summer if they live their entire life in their house and never pass the front door.

The thing about seasons for me is this. I love 3 of them, and could list countless things I love about each of them. But in complete honesty, I cannot name ONE single thing I like about winter. Not a single. But I can name a plenty of things I hate about it. Some surfers will have you believe that there is better swell in winter, but I haven't surfed for 4 weeks now (possibly a new record for me) due to a mammoth flat spell, and I have never seen it proven in my 30 years either. I tell you what it is - there are less people in the water in winter, so that when good swell does hit you're more likely to get a good break to yourself. The actual quality of swell, well, I think there's no true seasonal pattern to it. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. I don't think a season affects it one way or the other.

So, in conclusion, I still HATE winter and if I had it I would pay good money to live the rest of my life without ever experiencing it again. :)

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotty

• Geoff

• heaven&hell

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the hot weather, hence why I generally have to go abroad every year to get more than 4 days worth of it, like we get here, but I do also like all the other seasons aswell, and wouldn't swap them for the heat all the time. Winter I really like - out walking on a cold, crisp icy morning in the countryside, then retiring to a warm, traditional pub with the fire going and downing a few ales. - lovely stuff.

I love the hot weather, hence why I generally have to go abroad every year to get more than 4 days worth of it, like we get here, but I do also like all the other seasons aswell, and wouldn't swap them for the heat all the time. Winter I really like - out walking on a cold, crisp icy morning in the countryside, then retiring to a warm, traditional pub with the fire going and downing a few ales. - lovely stuff.

But how much nicer would it be if you actually didn't mind finally tearing yourself out from under the warm covers into the ice, and you could walk along the countryside in the comfort of shorts, a t-shirt and thongs, or flip flops... or whatever foreigners call them. :lol: Then you could retire to the pub and drink some cool ales and even sit outside in the nice crisp air of the evening. :)

Seriously, I just have no need for coldness. Anything you can do in the cold (apart from skiing, obviously) you can do much more comfortably in warmth. :)

But how much nicer would it be if you actually didn't mind finally tearing yourself out from under the warm covers into the ice, and you could walk along the countryside in the comfort of shorts, a t-shirt and thongs, or flip flops... or whatever foreigners call them. :lol: Then you could retire to the pub and drink some cool ales and even sit outside in the nice crisp air of the evening. :)

Seriously, I just have no need for coldness. Anything you can do in the cold (apart from skiing, obviously) you can do much more comfortably in warmth. :)

Ha, I really like Winter.

I guess it helps that we get Christmas in the middle of Winter. We always have a fantastic time with the kids...really magical...

Also I love snow.......

1. You get time off work :-))

2. You get to play silly buggars with the kids and have snowball fights and build snowmen and shit like that

3. You can go sledging - wicked good fun

4. You can go skiing (OK maybe not so much in the UK lol!)

Also Im with Jez...nothing better than a nice wintry walk and arriving at a good ol english pub....fire roaring and good pint of ale. Beautiful

You guys are freaks. I guess some people just adapt to misery better than others. :lol:;) Personally, I actually count the days till the end of winter (we just passed halfway yesterday! One month and 15 days to go... :().

I should add that in my above story, I haven't surfed for 4 weeks because there has been no swell, but in summer I'd still have been at the beach every weekend just mucking around in whatever waves there were. In winter you're more inclined to say 'f*ckit, I'll sleep in and I can't be bothered putting on a wetsuit and getting cold for that shit.'

I can see how you could make fun with snow, but every other thing around it is pure cold misery. Everyone is so rugged up and depressed and cold... yuckus - I just hate it. :lol:

I guess it helps that we get Christmas in the middle of Winter. We always have a fantastic time with the kids...really magical...

Also I love snow.......

2. You get to play silly buggars with the kids and have snowball fights and build snowmen and shit like that

Also Im with Jez...nothing better than a nice wintry walk and arriving at a good ol english pub....fire roaring and good pint of ale. Beautiful

Yeah, couldn't agree more. That's pretty close to perfection.

There are lots of reasons why I hate summer, a few that spring to mind:

•  
  • Sweating profusely in commuter trains/tubes that are like overcrowded saunas with no ventilation.
  • Even the simplest jobs at home or in the garden being really hard work.
  • Not being able to sleep because it's so hot.
  • Flies everywhere.
  • Mosquitos.
  • No football (every other year, at least).
  • Having to water the plants.
  • People having quick tempers and no patience because of the heat.
  • Having to keep putting on sun cream (I hate the bloody stuff).
  • Having to always carry a bag due to lack of pockets.

Against that, the only things I like about summer are beer gardens (as long as it's not too hot) and what women wear (or don't).

It's strangely eerie in Thetford......Well,perhaps not "strangely" :whistle:

o.a.p-tastic.

Also I love snow.......

•  

backed. I use an oil free spray!

I'll add another one HAYFEVER !!!!

The work of the devil. Damn that devil to hell...........

Also I love snow.......

•  

backed. I use an oil free spray!

I'll add another one HAYFEVER !!!!

The work of the devil. Damn that devil to hell...........

Hayfever - Bastard thing it is. Been suffering like hell since I got back from Hols. The price you pay for living near the countryside.

Hayfever is shit !

Hayfever blows dead goats. Only since I moved to South Florida did my hayfever go away. Probably because I live so close to the ocean.

Hayfever is shit !

Hayfever blows dead goats. Only since I moved to South Florida did my hayfever go away. Probably because I live so close to the ocean.

Fortunately,I don't suffer with hayfever !!!!

How the hell did that Train song "soul sister" or whatever its called.... become a hit?

How the hell did you become a member of this board?

Verdict in both cases: useless :aw:

I quite like the Train song (album too) - Very up and jolly.

And backed on Matt being an utter useless twat ;)

How the hell did that Train song "soul sister" or whatever its called.... become a hit?

Hey soul sister, have you seen my blister!

I'm not personally a fan of the Train song, but you can't deny it's catchy as all f*ck. If you can't figure out why it became a hit you're a twat, thus suiting Matty-Boo perfectly. :)

Just jogged 5.5 miles. That's the equivalent of a less fat person running the marathon.

"Look at those joggers

Going round and round and round"

''Look at those women joggers''

My eyes are going round and round and up and down :crazy: