• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotty

• Geoff

• heaven&hell

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! Count me in on the best wishes for the wife, Geoff. What happened to the dog that did it? Did they execute the f**ker?

Thanks guys. As for the dog, they treated it (for lymphoma) and it went home the next day. Apparently without the owners being told what happened. Which will be rectified asap if true.

Anyway, further to my story earlier I've just come back from the hospital now after receiving a call at lunch that she was going into surgery. So she's just had that and although super drowsy and probably sleeping now, she is hopefully completely free of all infection. The world can be a cruel place to think my wife is actually one of these people who genuinely love what they do - she loves animals and is truly passionate about being a vet nurse, and then something like this happens in the act of trying to help the little creatures out. Very sad. But hopefully she will be back home tomorrow or at the latest the day after. These good puppies (and me) have been missing the hell out of her. Apparently it won't scar either and the face is a good healer. Crossed fingers they know what they're talking about.

That would be awesome if they let her go home soon. Hopefully all infection is all clear like you said. My prayers are with her and you for a speedy recovery, mate.

Holy crap! Count me in on the best wishes for the wife, Geoff. What happened to the dog that did it? Did they execute the f**ker?

Thanks guys. As for the dog, they treated it (for lymphoma) and it went home the next day. Apparently without the owners being told what happened. Which will be rectified asap if true.

Anyway, further to my story earlier I've just come back from the hospital now after receiving a call at lunch that she was going into surgery. So she's just had that and although super drowsy and probably sleeping now, she is hopefully completely free of all infection. The world can be a cruel place to think my wife is actually one of these people who genuinely love what they do - she loves animals and is truly passionate about being a vet nurse, and then something like this happens in the act of trying to help the little creatures out. Very sad. But hopefully she will be back home tomorrow or at the latest the day after. These good puppies (and me) have been missing the hell out of her. Apparently it won't scar either and the face is a good healer. Crossed fingers they know what they're talking about.

That would be awesome if they let her go home soon. Hopefully all infection is all clear like you said. My prayers are with her and you for a speedy recovery, mate.

Thanks mate, I'm picking her up at 3:00pm this afternoon! :) She still needs to go in again at 10:00pm tonight for treatment/IV drip and then 3 times tomorrow at 4 hour intervals but after that she'll be on antibiotics she can take at home. She's just looking forward to getting out of there and being home, seeing the puppies and the kitty and all that. She was in a room with three 95+ year old women and it was really an awful environment. It'll be nice to have her home again.

Thanks mate, I'm picking her up at 3:00pm this afternoon! :) She still needs to go in again at 10:00pm tonight for treatment/IV drip and then 3 times tomorrow at 4 hour intervals but after that she'll be on antibiotics she can take at home. She's just looking forward to getting out of there and being home, seeing the puppies and the kitty and all that. She was in a room with three 95+ year old women and it was really an awful environment. It'll be nice to have her home again.

That is some awesome news. Whatever it takes to get well.

Rumour has it that Jez and Wot were having yet another of their secretive sensual phone calls....

Outrageous !! They're not secretive..... :whistle:

Nor sensual either - Sexy Thaaaaang!!

Rumour has it that Jez and Wot were having yet another of their secretive sensual phone calls....

Outrageous !! They're not secretive..... :whistle:

Nor sensual either - Sexy Thaaaaang!!

It's hardly "sensual" with Jez in one ear,and in the other I get the following..

Where's mum ??

Can I have a drink ??

Where's the tv remote ??

Where's the sky remote ??

Can I have some toast ??

Where's mum again ??

Who's that on the phone ??

Is that Jez ??

Screams "Hello Jez"

"Dad,Bon Jovi's on tele"

An eerie silence follows then crying and the classic "I'm telling mum" and I say "After that last remark,she'd have no sympathy" :whistle::whistle:

Last day of work before the Christmas holiday. Gonna be a ghost town round here I think.

Last day of work before the Christmas holiday. Gonna be a ghost town round here I think.

Same here. :spboba: (I've always wanted to use this smiley)

We have gift exchange today and hopefully a free lunch. :guitbannana:

Sweet. :tumbsup: No free lunch here that I'm aware of, but I found a six pack of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale waiting for me on my desk this morning. :woot: My co-workers must think I'm a total lush.

Sweet. :tumbsup: No free lunch here that I'm aware of, but I found a six pack of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale waiting for me on my desk this morning. :woot: My co-workers must think I'm a total lush.

Now you have a mini-keg and a 6-pack.

Are you sure you don't need any help with any of that wonderful beer? :christmas:

Are you sure you don't need any help with any of that wonderful beer? :christmas:

Actually a mini keg and TWO six packs. Got another six of some kind of Winter Ale (forget the name of it off the top of my head) yesterday. :woot:

If only this nagging head cold would go away so I could start enjoying it. :chug:

Actually a mini keg and TWO six packs. Got another six of some kind of Winter Ale (forget the name of it off the top of my head) yesterday. :woot:

If only this nagging head cold would go away so I could start enjoying it. :chug:

Since your feeling sick...I'm SURE a few of your HH Bruthas can help ya drink some of that beer... :beerbang:

We got a Chrimbo card from someone we don't know... :yikes:

How did they know where you live?? :yikes:

We got a Chrimbo card from someone we don't know... :yikes:

How did they know where you live?? :yikes:

That's the strange thing..It's mysterious and damn well needs investigating.I now have "carte-blanche" to use any method I so wish to conclude this phenomena... :whistle:

Our dog just took a massive dump in the driveway... directly behind my car :angry: