What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Wolfmother - S/T

Listened to this in the car while running some errands; not really my thang, although I thought it was hilarious when my four year old asked me "Daddy, why do you keep playing the same song again and again and again?"... because that's exactly how the album sounds!!!

Yes a VERY Overrated album....in fact I think it's horrible...I really tried to like it....

Benedictum - Uncreation

This really is one Mother F***er of a disc , gets better every time I hear it.

Dream Theater - Images And Words

Wolfmother - S/T

Listened to this in the car while running some errands; not really my thang, although I thought it was hilarious when my four year old asked me "Daddy, why do you keep playing the same song again and again and again?"... because that's exactly how the album sounds!!!

Yes a VERY Overrated album....in fact I think it's horrible...I really tried to like it....

Yea, well, fortunately I'm only borrowing the Wolfmother CD from a co-worker... I think it's time to give it back and say "ehhh, thanks but no thanx" eh? :)

It really is quite boring... and as my son pointed out (not bad for a four year old!) it really DOES sound like the same song being repeated over and over...

Benedictum - Uncreation

AGREED! Just got this one myself about a week ago and it does indeed womp some serious boo-tay.

Benedictum - Uncreation

Dream Theater - Images And Words

What do Benedictum sound like? Lots of rave reviews about this one?

Next:-

SEPULTURA - DANTE XXI

Imagine, if you will, that the Dio era lineup of Sabbath gets back together for a new album with 21st Century production values, and at the last minute, Ronnie becomes ill and his place is taken by Doro Pesch. That's it in a nutshell (for me anyway). Pretty killer stuff.

Imagine, if you will, that the Dio era lineup of Sabbath gets back together for a new album with 21st Century production values, and at the last minute, Ronnie becomes ill and his place is taken by Doro Pesch. That's it in a nutshell (for me anyway). Pretty killer stuff.

Yeah..that pretty much nails it...I love it....at times she sounds like Dio..IMO...

Great sound...

Nearly a perfect summation, although for me vocally she is more of a Female Ronnie James Dio as ametalhead says.

The 2 Sabbath songs 'Heaven & Hell' & 'The Mob Rules' are Shit hot and amongst the best cover versions I have yet had the pleasure of hearing. 'Wicker' is also a major player on here.

Nearly a perfect summation, although for me vocally she is more of a Female Ronnie James Dio as ametalhead says.

The 2 Sabbath songs 'Heaven & Hell' & 'The Mob Rules' are Shit hot and amongst the best cover versions I have yet had the pleasure of hearing. 'Wicker' is also a major player on here.

I also like "Misogyny," that song rips!!

Wolfmother - S/T

This heap of shit is all over Australian radio and I hear it all the time in my girl's car. I can hoenstly say I hate them more than the majority of everything else on radio... which means they're on par with Pussycat Dolls, Justin Timberlake, Robbie Williams and whatever other pure shit is on the radio. I really cannot stand these guys.

Now:

Roxus - 'Nightstreet' ; 'First break of the heart'

On the way home today:

Leverage - 'Tides' ; HEAPS better than I thought it was. It's actually a pretty damn good disc.

I was playing LEVERAGE on my commute in this morning but hadn't had time to post it here. Is one of those rare discs that is better towards the end than at the start. It lacks a real killer track, & a few bigger hooks in the chorus department, but I love "Gone"...

I love 'Horizon', 'Dreamworld' and 'Stranger'... but as I said, the whole thing was better than I thought.

On the way to work this morning:

Private Line - 'Evel Knievel Factor'

Sgt Roxx - 'Squeeze it some more demos'

In Honour of Geoff, 6 of my all time fave Discs to come from 'Down Under'

Roxus - Nightstreet

Southern Sons - Nothing But The Truth

De Mont - Body Language

Noiseworks - Touch

Rick Price - Heaven Knows

And for a bit of the Heads Down Stuff, the mighty::

Rose Tattoo - Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw

Roxus - Nightstreet

De Mont - Body Language

Noiseworks - Touch

Nice work, mate. :tumbsup: I hope Candy Harlots and BB Steal are up next. :)

Today I listened to Thunder - 'Backstreet Symphony' and Funny Money - 'Stick it'.

Roxus - Nightstreet

De Mont - Body Language

Noiseworks - Touch

Now that's a list I am in total agreement with. Jimmy Barnes' "Freight Train Heart" would probably replace the DE MONT album (a few outright gems but some filler too) IMO, but otherwise a top list. No sign of SAVAGE GARDEN's "Affirmation"?? :lol:

Now Playing:-

LOSTPROPHETS - Liberation Transmission

Shhhhhhhhhh... don't tell MJ, but I'm listening to Danny Vaughn - 'Soldier and Sailors on Riverside'. Some good stuff on this one.

Megadeth - KILLING IS MY BUSINESS ... AND BUSINESS IS GOOD! (remastered version)

What was the point of re-instating the (previously banned) cover version of "These Boots" into the album's running order, since half of the vocals are "bleeped" out? What a joke

Megadeth - KILLING IS MY BUSINESS ... AND BUSINESS IS GOOD! (remastered version)

What was the point of re-instating the (previously banned) cover version of "These Boots" into the album's running order, since half of the vocals are "bleeped" out? What a joke

I was just playing my remastered "Countdown to Extinction" (my fave Megadeth). The remasters are really good, with some great extra tracks & liner notes. The early Sepultura remasters are worth getting too...

Next:-

RICK SPRINGFIELD - ShockAngerDenialAcceptance

As it seems to be Aussie Day on the boards...