What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Just listening to my latest purchases:

Yngwie Malmsteen-Concerto suite for electric guitar & orchestra in E flat minor Op.1

Yngwie Malmsteen-War to end all wars

Freak Of Nature-Outcasts

Impellitteri-Eye of the hurricane/Victim of the system

Mr. Hate - Fragments (WOW! Had never heard of these guys, and snagged it offa eBay for $5 just for the hell of it...and I'm glad I did. Excellent hard rock from these German guys, with influences ranging from Tesla & Dokken to Shotgun Messiah and Crue.Lead singer sounds like Marq Torien AT TIMES,but actually has a pretty unique voice. Good stuff!)

:o OMG..........you are SO right!!! :lol: I'm so glad I listen to you!!! :P

Got my Mr. Hate today....I LOVE this guys voice!!!

Some of it's a little harder / heavier than my usual tastes.....but overall it's GREAT stuff!!!!

thanks! ;)

Listening to some new goodies over the last 24 hours....

McQueen Street - 2 (Welcome back McQueen St! Unlike so many other bands who try to update their sound to sound more "modern", these guys stick to their guns and deliver a disc that picks up right where their self-titled debut left off.....GOOD STUFF! :banger: )

Firehouse - Prime Time (Have only heard a few songs so far, but liking what I'm hearing ....)

Craig Goldy's Ritual - Hidden in Plain Sight (One of the UGLIEST CD covers I've ever seen, but behind that horrid cover, is a disc full of great hard rock....thanks to those who recommended it...Blue Charvel, Christine, and Mike G.)

Mr. Hate - Fragments (WOW! Had never heard of these guys, and snagged it offa eBay for $5 just for the hell of it...and I'm glad I did. Excellent hard rock from these German guys, with influences ranging from Tesla & Dokken to Shotgun Messiah and Crue.Lead singer sounds like Marq Torien AT TIMES,but actually has a pretty unique voice. Good stuff!)

:o OMG..........you are SO right!!! :lol: I'm so glad I listen to you!!! :P

Got my Mr. Hate today....I LOVE this guys voice!!!

Some of it's a little harder / heavier than my usual tastes.....but overall it's GREAT stuff!!!!

thanks! ;)

Looks like this album is doing good business right now,I won a bid on a copy last night.

There was about 6 or 7 other CDs as well,so I'm looking forward to this package!

Craig Goldy's Ritual - Hidden in Plain Sight (One of the UGLIEST CD covers I've ever seen, but behind that horrid cover, is a disc full of great hard rock....thanks to those who recommended it...Blue Charvel, Christine, and Mike G.)

It's actually Craig Goldy's artwork... he should stick to his day job. :wacko:

Been listening to.....

AdrianGale - Re:Program Awesome 80s style hard rock! :headbanger:

7 Months - S/T Interesting band...part progressive, part AOR. Kind of a unique sound, but none of the songs jumped up and grabbed me....not bad though.

Big Bad Wolf - S/T WOW! Listening to this disc as I type, and all I can say is.....check the comments section here at HH,and BELIEVE THE HYPE! This sucker kicks @SS! :banger:

Just got Dirty Looks "Five Easy Pieces" today. Hmmm.....the song "Let It Rain" blew me away!!! LOVE that song!!

"Blue Tequila" is GREAT!!!! And WOW!!!!!!!!! "Hard In The Middle".....WOW!!!! :o

In the comments section I read alot of "AC/DC.....AC/DC" ... and I hear that a little........but WHO else am I hearing in this??

Can't put my finger on it!

Bubbasmama,

I am happy to hear that you picked up a Dirty Looks album, and it happens to be one of their best! Some of my favorites on that album are Liquid Crush, Five Easy Pieces, Give It Back, and Only Tomorrow (although I like their original version of Only Tomorrow better).

Also, you said that they sound like someone else, but you can't quite put your finger on it.... On this album, I hear some early Def Leppard, like the beginning of "Give It Back." Check that one out and let me know what ya think.

If you want to hear some of their stuff that sounds more like AC/DC then you need to pick up their first two albums, Cool From The Wire, and Turn Of The Screw. There is a song on their first album (Cool From The Wire) called "Oh Ruby." That song is TOTALLY! AC/DC. He sounds just like Bon Scott on that one. It's almost spooky...

ENJOY! :drink:

OMG!!!!!!!! Jason!!!!! The beginning of "Give It Back" is SO "Let It Go"!!!!

While I do like AC/DC.......I really like THIS sound......no.......I'm LOVING this sound!!!!

What was the original version of "Only Tomorrow" like? I really like this one too!!

"The Last Forever" is another WOW!!!! for me.

Gonna look in to getting the others now!!

Thanks!!

I love all the first three Britny albums,but Bite down hard IMO was easily their best work,in fact I think I might just put that in the CD player now!

Already played two Joe Lynn Turner albums today,Nothing's changed & Slam!

Listening to Meniketti - S/T and Mennen - Age of Fools at work today....I've got the 55 year old lady I share an office with singing along with Joss Mennen....kickass!! :headbanger::crazy:

How is the Meniketti? I've heard a lot of good things about it, always dug Y&T.

Crankin' up the ol' Buckcherry right now, both albums. Man I love that band, don't know why but they just kick my ass... :banger:

Britny Fox - Bite Down Hard...apologies to the DDD fans out there, but I think Tommy Paris kicks some major ass on this! :headbanger:

Ohhhhhhhhh......... HELL yeah!!!! "Six Guns Loaded" kicks my butt EVERY time I hear it!!!

Think I may just have to pop that in too!! ;)

:crazy:

"Louder" is a real smoker too...I can't believe I didn't even get this for years...who knew?

That "Turn On" tune with DDD is really good too though. I think it's from a soundtrack or something.

How is the Meniketti? I've heard a lot of good things about it, always dug Y&T.

Well, naturally, some of the songs sound like good ol' Y&T, but quite a few of them are good, blues-based hard rock. Dave's a helluva guitarist as well as vocalist, and it really shines on his solo stuff...if you're into the bluesier side of rock, you'll definitely like it. :headbanger::D

Cool beans Whiplash, sounds like it's right up my alley. Thanks!

Hey MJ, I just started using that acronym myself, it's "Dizzy Dean Davidson", Britny's first vocalist. He had his moments, but I think Tommy's a lot stronger.

Hey MJ, I just started using that acronym myself, it's "Dizzy Dean Davidson", Britny's first vocalist. He had his moments, but I think Tommy's a lot stronger.

Hey, Thanks!! I really didn't know........ :blink: (and thanks for not calling me a DDDDork :P )

Ok........now the D2 I knew.

I'm learning!!! :lol: