What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

I'm embarrassed but what the hell, I'm listening to Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun...I guess I'm just in a stoner mood today. But I'll tell you "Green Machine" kicks major butt.... :banger:

Captain, I've heard a lot of people say KFD really sucks, what's your take on it? I've never heard it but I've always liked Blackie & Co.

I´m still listening to Pride Of Lions, classic AOR! B)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been saved!!! (From the Savage Garden hell :lol: )

The mail today brought Slik Toxik "Doin' The Nasty"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!!! :P

I'm embarrassed but what the hell, I'm listening to Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun...I guess I'm just in a stoner mood today. But I'll tell you "Green Machine" kicks major butt.... :banger:

Captain, I've heard a lot of people say KFD really sucks, what's your take on it? I've never heard it but I've always liked Blackie & Co.

I think its given an unfair press.

Yes it has that industrial fuzzy style guitar but its just another WASP record with that style of guitar!

It rocks hard unlike most industrial stuff which is just a load of noise!

Not classic by any standards but still has a couple of killer tunes on here!

Its always going cheap nowdays everywhere so its worth picking up & even if you hate it,it aint gonna have cost ya much!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been saved!!! (From the Savage Garden hell :lol: )

The mail today brought Slik Toxik "Doin' The Nasty"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!!! :P

Good album,much better than the disapointing follow up!

Big fuckin deal,is a killer track!

Wow, JK Northrup ROCKS, why had I not been informed? Slowly picking through miscellaneous tracks I grabbed off WinMX in the last few years, and this stuff KICKS ASS. A bunch of them appear to be from a self-titled album, but I have no track names, only numbers, and alas I cannot find it on HH...

Anybody got more info? This is totally my kind of music, especially the tracks with Shortino. Who else has done vox?

:banger:

BTW Captain, thanks for the info on KFD, sounds pretty good. I've never been afraid of modern sounding music (what the hell kind of musician would I be if I didn't like music???). I'll check it out.

Today........at the risk of repeating myself (and I don't really care if I do :P) it's ALL about TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard that BRANDED is in the mail!!!!!!!! It's FINALLY on it's way!!!!

Sooooo........Finger On The Trigger is on repeat.....and repeat....and repeat!!

:P

Wow, JK Northrup ROCKS, why had I not been informed? Slowly picking through miscellaneous tracks I grabbed off WinMX in the last few years, and this stuff KICKS ASS. A bunch of them appear to be from a self-titled album, but I have no track names, only numbers, and alas I cannot find it on HH...

Anybody got more info? This is totally my kind of music, especially the tracks with Shortino. Who else has done vox?

Hey Charvel, you ought to look into getting the Shortino/Northrup disc "Back on Track". It's been recently re-issued with 4 bonus tracks by Shire Records. I haven't had a chance to get through the entire CD yet, but everything I've heard so far ROCKS! Shortino is one of my favorite vocalists!

Shire Records

Today........at the risk of repeating myself (and I don't really care if I do :P) it's ALL about TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNA............TNA..............TNA........... :banger:

Looking forward to hearing this one BIG TIME!

Everything's better with a little TNA! :devil:

Hey Charvel, you ought to look into getting the Shortino/Northrup disc "Back on Track". It's been recently re-issued with 4 bonus tracks by Shire Records. I haven't had a chance to get through the entire CD yet, but everything I've heard so far ROCKS! Shortino is one of my favorite vocalists!

Yeah, I just saw that on Amazon, that looks awesome. Shortino is great and sadly underrated. Always amazes me he never really hit it big with anyone. :blink:

TNA............TNA..............TNA........... :banger:

Looking forward to hearing this one BIG TIME!

Everything's better with a little TNA! :devil:

:lol: Groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! That's really bad!! :lol: But don't you mean T AND A ??? :P

Everything's better with a little TNA!  :devil:

:lol: Groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! That's really bad!! :lol: But don't you mean T AND A ??? :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

:lol: You know me all too well MJ! :lol:

Listening to my latest acquisitions at the moment:

Eyes - S/T (Damn this one ROCKS! I've always liked Jeff Scott Soto's vocals,and from what I've heard so far, this CD showcases his talents well!)

The Screaming Jets - Tear of Thought (Hey, I got it for a penny + S/H!)

Everything's better with a little TNA!  :devil:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

:lol: You know me all too well MJ! :lol:

Listening to my latest acquisitions at the moment:

Eyes - S/T (Damn this one ROCKS! I've always liked Jeff Scott Soto's vocals,and from what I've heard so far, this CD showcases his talents well!)

;) yep!

After reading this....lol.......I had to be a copy-cat and get my "EYES" out too..... :P (yes.....I really put TNA away for the night!!)

After hearing "Calling All Girls" I looked high and low for this thing.........FINALLY got it!!

Don't regret it a bit!!

I LOOOOOOVE Jeff Scott Soto's voice!!! :D

I'm listening to some old Pantera (pre-Phil Anselmo), other than suffering from some seriously bad productions, it's kinda cool...

Pantera - I am the Night

Pantera - Metal Magic (wow, what a horrible production...)

Pantera - Projects in the Jungle

Melody, harmony backing vox, keyboards, a totally different chunk of cheese from the Cowboys From Hell and later... :headbanger:

Today (so far) it's KIX!!! Hot Wire!!

Baby girl and I are up and dancin!!! "Girl Money"!! LOVE this song!!

:lol: She's picking up on some of the words.........money......honey.....drink......party........ :lol:

Her parents are just gonna loooooooooove Auntie Mar today!!! :P

Today (so far) it's KIX!!!  Hot Wire!!

Baby girl and I are up and dancin!!!  "Girl Money"!!  LOVE this song!!

:lol: She's picking up on some of the words.........money......honey.....drink......party........ :lol:

You go MJ! :P

Say, if you like Kix, you might just like Funny Money too....whatcha think? ;)

Today (so far) it's KIX!!!  Hot Wire!!

Baby girl and I are up and dancin!!!  "Girl Money"!!  LOVE this song!!

You go MJ! :P

Say, if you like Kix, you might just like Funny Money too....whatcha think? ;)

:lol: Ya think?? Funny.......a SUPER guy just let me listen to "Baby Blues" from the S/T and I REALLY liked it!!

So I found it and ordered it.......on it's way now!! :D

Gotta love friends who turn ya on.......to good music!! ;):P

Today's mail brought me something I've been wanting for a LONNNNNNG time!!!

AMERICAN ANGEL - EP '92 !!!!!! OMG!!! This thing is FANTASTIC!!!!

EAGERLY anticipating the arrival of the AMERICAN ANGEL - ARCHIVES now......... :D (lol.....camping out at the post office all week!! :P)

My mailbox was filled with new music over the weekend!

Been listening to the following on & off all weekend through today:

Laudamus - Lost In Vain (Pretty good Christian hard rock; message is a bit thick if you really listen to the lyrics)

Paul Shortino's the Cutt - Sacred Place (Finally got around to picking this one up; you can't go wrong with anything by Shortino!)

Ivory Tower - Heart of the City ( I think the same thing happened with this disc as with Harem Scarem's "Higher" for me on a personal level. I'd read so many glowing reviews & comments across the internet, that I half expected my ears to orgasm when I put it in...but alas, just a slight "rise". This is a good cd, but didn't live up to my over-hyped expectations)

The following 3 CDs combined to absolutely KICK MY ASS this past wekend:

Cry Havoc - Fuel That Feeds the Fire

Mechanix - Regenerator

Fury - S/T

Some of the last few years BEST releases! You can't go wrong with any of these! :banger:

Listening to the following this evening:

Lord Grey - Lady of the Lake

Skrapp Mettle - Sensitive ("That Load" had me ROLLING!)

Paul Shortino - Stand or Fall

So much music, so little time! :D

My mailbox was full today too!!

Finally got my TNA Branded.............played it about 5 or 6 times...........lol !!! TOTALLY worth the wait!! (And I am NOT a patient person!! :P)

Now, I've moved on to MCQUEEN STREET!!!! OMG!!! This is fantastic!!! Huge harmonies!! That VOICE!!!!! shewwww......it's gettin' warm in here!! :P

Currently listening to the show Midnight Dynamite on TotalRock.com........current song "Journey-Dont stop believing"

Over the weekend listened to newest purchases:

Mark Free-Long way from love

Yngwie Malmsteen-Facing the animal

Skid Row-Thickskin

Various-The second wave:25 years of NWOBHM

Hey MJ, That McQueen Street is awesome aint it? I remember seeing the video for "Stick It" (I think...) back in the day and I ran out and got that CD ASAP. Still holds up plenty good today methinks... It's everything I liked about 80's rock: big guitars, big drums, big choruses...you get the picture...it's BIG. :crazy:

I'll have to pick up that TNA soon.

Hey MJ, That McQueen Street is awesome aint it? I remember seeing the video for "Stick It" (I think...) back in the day and I ran out and got that CD ASAP. Still holds up plenty good today methinks... It's everything I liked about 80's rock: big guitars, big drums, big choruses...you get the picture...it's BIG. :crazy:

:o LMAO!!! Yeah it is!!!

I had never even heard of McQueen Street until recently!! I have a friend who sends me CDs he's sure I'll like.........sometimes they just hit me between the eyes, like this!!! :blink:

Man.....that's almost better than se..........well you get the idea!! ;):lol:

Hey MJ, That McQueen Street is awesome aint it? I remember seeing the video for "Stick It" (I think...) back in the day and I ran out and got that CD ASAP. Still holds up plenty good today methinks... It's everything I liked about 80's rock: big guitars, big drums, big choruses...you get the picture...it's BIG.  :crazy:

:o LMAO!!! Yeah it is!!!

I had never even heard of McQueen Street until recently!! I have a friend who sends me CDs he's sure I'll like.........sometimes they just hit me between the eyes, like this!!! :blink:

Man.....that's almost better than se..........well you get the idea!! ;):lol:

Operative word there being ALMOST! :devil:

Listening to The Cutt at work this morning...."Feel The Music"'s on right now......excellent slow grinding music! :P