What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

:lol::lol::lol: I said ALMOST!!! ;):lol: :lol: :lol:

This morning started out with Moon Dog Mane!! LOVE this thing for getting going in the morning......fighting with the 7 year old to get ready for school!! :P Even he gets in the groove!! :lol:

Now.........on the recommendation of another friend ;) .......gonna pop in some Funny Money! Got the S/T yesterday too.

Let's see if we can keep this "UP" mood for the day!!! :P

Was listening to some CDs that came thru the post yesterday,but wasnt that into them as I was totally knackered from work yesterday so maybe I'll give them another shot today!

Lenita Erikson-S/T

Private Life-S/T

Gypsy Rose-Prey (I already had this on cassette,just needed to replace it)

Sleeping in the Fire is an awesome tune. In fact I love the whole first album (partially for nostalgic reasons, ala scamming into L'Amour underage to see W.A.S.P., Armored Saint & Metallica....). :headbanger:

I was just surprised to hear it on The Sting,its one of their most overlooked songs!

Been on a bit of a WASP buying spree recently,dunno why,this stuff just seemed to pop at once.

All I gotta do now is pick up Electric Circus & Live in the raw on CD plus the new Dying for the world album!

Just noticed your Tyketto avatar,I put together a CD full of rock MPEG videos last week & I used that pic as the menu picture!

Just reminded me,I must send Danny an email,I keep forgetting!

Just noticed your Tyketto avatar,I put together a CD full of rock MPEG videos last week & I used that pic as the menu picture!

:lol::lol: Tell him I said "HEY!!!" :lol::lol:

(as if he would know who I was!! :P LOL!!!! )

As for what's spinning tonight.......it's CAGE - F-Y-CO

but actually only tracks 7, 8 and 9..... the rest of it hasn't grown on me yet!! :P

Let's see, been listening to the following:

TNA - Branded

- Finger on the Trigger (I like the first release better, but MJ, you'll be happy to know that Branded is growing on me!)

Wanted - Over the Top (This Norwegian "Wanted" is quite a bit better than the American Wanted IMHO)

DB Rox - S/t (A one man band....just heard the first few tracks....not bad....'sposed to be kinda rare! )

Second Self - Mood Ring (I'd never heard of 'em ,but grabbed 'em offa eBay....pretty decent indie glam rock release)

Let's see, been listening to the following:

TNA - Branded

- Finger on the Trigger (I like the first release better, but MJ, you'll be happy to know that Branded is growing on me!)

:lol: I knew that it would!! :lol:

I can't say that I like either one better than the other, actually..... :lol: that would be like choosing a "favorite child"!!! :o

Some songs on FOTT will always be favorites to me (Bad Girl being one :P )....then there are some on BRANDED that are and will always be "special" to ME..........

But yeah........that makes me VERY happy that Branded is growing on you!!! :lol:

Right now I'm listening to IAN HAUGLAND (Europe) interviewing DEEP PURPLE live on radio...Cool!!! (www.rockklassiker.se) :headbanger:

:lol::lol: Tell him I said "HEY!!!" :lol::lol:

(as if he would know who I was!! :P LOL!!!! )

As for what's spinning tonight.......it's CAGE - F-Y-CO

but actually only tracks 7, 8 and 9..... the rest of it hasn't grown on me yet!! :P

Just thought I'd make ya a lil more jealous by printing his reply:

CC,

Yeah, last year we were part drinking partners, part philosophers, part bodyguards, and all fireplace filler!

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday and I hope we'll see you when I'm over in March.

Happy Christmas,

Danny

Looks like I'm gonna drink him under the table again,he's such a lightweight!

Guest Steve.T

Captain Howdy,

I saw all 3 of Tyketto's British tours.

The first show was in a night club in Bournemouth and there were only about a dozen people in the entire crowd...and that included my party of 4.

But Danny was amazing and the band played that show as if it was their stadium headlining act. Danny also swore they'd be back to the UK and he was as good as his word.

Thenext couple of shows I saw them at the Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth. First with Danny and then with Steve. Danny is a really class act and a very friendly guy.

Can you tell me why the hell Brooke chooses to waste his talent in a covers band? Is he still playing with The Toys?

To be honest with you,I only became friends with Danny last year so I dont really know much about Brooke or any of the other band members but I do know a few good stories involving other bands.

I do seem to remember one member went on to a band called Lion,or Lionheart!

Heres one story I can share with ya thats kinda interesting.

When Skid Row were first looking for a vocalist Danny applied for the job but both he & the band thought his style didnt fit the music.

When Danny later heard Seb Bach sing with the band he knew the right choice had been made!

Today what's spinnin' is DOKKEN'S "Back For The Attack".....

A good friend of mine is ALL ABOUT Dokken........I'm not all that familiar.....

Hmmmm..........tryin' to get inside his head! :wacko::P

Guest Steve.T

Hmmmm..........tryin' to get inside his head! :wacko::P

I love Dokken and BFTA is a good enough album...but if you want their best then you really need to be listening to Tooth And Nail.

Hmmmm..........tryin' to get inside his head!  :wacko::P

Heh-heh, be careful not trip on anything in there.....lots of stuff laying around.....and mind the cobwebs over in the corner!

I agree that Tooth & Nail is an AWESOME Dokken disc, but for me, BFTA was the ultimate Dokken assault on the senses! That CD took me through high school, and has been with me ever since! :banger:

Guest Steve.T

I dunno......I found there to be filler on BFTA and there wasn't any on either TAN and ULAK.

Of all of Dokken's albums I'd rate BFTA beneath the previous 2. Even though it does contain Sleepless Night...my fave Dokken tune!

Different strokes I guess! :P

My fave offa BFTA is "Night By Night"....why that song wasn't released as a single/video is BEYOND me??? :crazy:

Guest Steve.T
Different strokes I guess! :P

My fave offa BFTA is "Night By Night"....why that song wasn't released as a single/video is BEYOND me??? :crazy:

It's not a bad album at all...and the production is aesome...but if they'd have trimmed off maybe 3 songs it would have been a classic.

I think ya gotta credit nostalgia with part of it, 'cause T&N came out when I was in highschool, so for me that's the album I think of when I think Dokken. I actually think Lynch's playing and the production in general are better on BFTA, but I just like the tunes on T&N, brings back memories and stuff...saw them open up for Dio, can't remember which tour though...Sacred Heart? Last in Line? ???