Manila Thrills

Malebolgia

NOW, why should I pay $49.99 for a el-cheapo CD-R, if I can go and buy the same album for download online from ipod tunes or napster for $10?

What additional value I'll get for the rest $39.99???

Anyway, please consider all those questions rethorical and dont bother answering me for the sake of peace and sanity on this board, thanks and have a nice day!

**Edited to shut my mouth**

Have a nice day, backatcha.

btw......MANILA THRILLS ROCKS!!! :banana:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW, why should I pay $49.99 for a el-cheapo CD-R, if I can go and buy the same album for download online from ipod tunes or napster for $10?

What additional value I'll get for the rest $39.99???

Anyway, please consider all those questions rethorical and dont bother answering me for the sake of peace and sanity on this board, thanks and have a nice day!

**Edited to shut my mouth**

Have a nice day, backatcha.

btw......MANILA THRILLS ROCKS!!! :banana:

OK, I don't know the whole Retrospect saga and don't care to go look it up (at least on dial-up), but to me, that whole question makes a load of sense. Why pay $40 for someone else to cheaply throw together a CD package that you could do for a couple of bucks?

All I do care about is that Manila Thrills DOES indeed rock (from what I have actually heard) and I'd love to see the CD get the PROPER light of day, not just some half-assed job. Like I said, I don't know that Retrospect WON'T do a good job, but, from what I've read here, it sounds like it'll at least LOOK half-assed. And no one really wants that, do they?

Forgive me if I step on anyone's toes. Like I said, I'm only going on the info here. I'm not condemning anyone. If my opinion is based on only part of the truth, well, I've already SAID that. I'll wait and see what the final product looks like before I make a decision on buying it or not, but I don't see what the fuss is. I don't want anything that doesn't look like it's the/a REAL product.

Just my 2 lira.

Well....my point in shutting my mouth is that this whole Retrospect issue has been beaten.....and beaten......and beaten........and beaten.......and beaten............get it? :blink: We all know the story. We're all adults here, and can make up our own minds. WHY continue to beat that dead horse?????

Sorry....it's just that every time Sam's name, or Retrospect's name is brought up......this same................old...................issue comes out again. In every thread. I don't want to read about that. I wanted to read about MANILA THRILLS.....and the progress of the issue / re-issue.......whatever.

Tired -_-

But........like I said........I shut my mouth..........I'm out.

Well....my point in shutting my mouth is that this whole Retrospect issue has been beaten.....and beaten......and beaten........and beaten.......and beaten............get it?  :blink:  We all know the story.  We're all adults here, and can make up our own minds.  WHY continue to beat that dead horse????? 

Sorry....it's just that every time Sam's name, or Retrospect's name is brought up......this same................old...................issue comes out again.  In every thread.  I don't want to read about that.  I wanted to read about MANILA THRILLS.....and the progress of the issue / re-issue.......whatever.

Tired -_-

Very true. I can understand that completely. I too, would like to think that when I open a thread titled "Manila Thrills" that I'd be reading about Manila Thrills.

That said, I guess it's my fault for not even knowing that this Retrospect thing was actually an old (dead horse) issue. However, I'm grateful that it was brought up because otherwise, when the album came out, I'd have plunked down my money right away because it's that good.

Anyway, back to the music!

(Thanks for the explanation Marla. It's cool that some people can actually converse and explain their points rather than getting into a slagging battle. We certainly don't know any waffle fans that could be accused of that. LOL)

I agree with MJ. It seems every time a Retrospect release is brought up, it turns into a let's slag Sam forum. God knows, Sam and I's brief interaction wasn't a good one. I think most now know what everyone thinks of the Retrospect reissues. If you don't want a cdr, don't buy it. It's really that simple. I could care less whether my music is on a silver green or eve a taupe colored disc. I don't need artwork. I know these things are important to some, so don't buy from him. I agree, it's a shame to pay so much for a cdr. That's why I don't. Everyone has their right to make the same decision. I know we don't like it, but everyone already knows we don't like it. It doesn't have to be said everytime he releases something. It's wise that everyone knows before purchasing, but I think we all do. It's been said to death. Let it go. Nothing that's been said has changed anything yet. It probably won't.

The moral of the story is if you don't like it, don't buy it. It's getting old reading how bad these releases are in every thread. As stated by others, I hope I did not step on anyone's toes. Yes, this band does indeed rock!!!

Just mai 2 yen.

Me

Well....my point in shutting my mouth is that this whole Retrospect issue has been beaten.....and beaten......and beaten........and beaten.......and beaten............get it?  :blink:  We all know the story.  We're all adults here, and can make up our own minds.  WHY continue to beat that dead horse????? 

Sorry....it's just that every time Sam's name, or Retrospect's name is brought up......this same................old...................issue comes out again.  In every thread.  I don't want to read about that.  I wanted to read about MANILA THRILLS.....and the progress of the issue / re-issue.......whatever.

Tired -_-

I apologize for upsetting all of you.

I felt the same way like MJ when reading Brian's posting, just didnt get around editing my mouth shut, that's all. sorry

So guys and gal...what do I do?

Do I tell Michael he will sell more if the reissue is on a silver pressed cd?

Do I tell him to stick with plan 'A'?

I'm confused here. Need help.

I'm not sure what kind of a deal Sam gave to Michael, and frankly it's none of my business. I'm not an expert at this by any means. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Give me some suggestions to pass along to Michael, and I will do just that.

Give me some record company names that will do a good job for him.

Give me some contact names....give me something. We still have time before the mastering is done.

I completely understand about the whole Sam, Retrospect, CD-R thing. Can we please FINALLY get beyond all that, and concentrate on what is important here?

Thanks,

M.

my first rant on Heavy Harmonies....I'm so proud <_<

I'm not sure what kind of a deal Sam gave to Michael, and frankly it's none of my business. I'm not an expert at this by any means. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Give me some suggestions to pass along to Michael, and I will do just that.

Give me some contact names....give me something. We still have time before the mastering is done.

I completely understand about the whole Sam, Retrospect, CD-R thing. Can we please FINALLY get beyond all that, and concentrate on what is important here?

Thanks,

M.

I think it is between Michael and Sam at this point, and Michael has to decide for himself what will suit him best. The only thing you can do is let him know about the CD-R issue, so he can work it out with Sam.

Those are my 2 kopeek on this issue

Thanks,

M.

I would suggest to Michael that he at least inquire about the possibility of having it pressed on silver discs...or maybe even have it done himself & just let Sam handle distribution. Isn't that the sort of arrangment Sam has with Terry & the XYZ cd? I really think he will move more product if he insists on this.

Thanks,

M.

Well.....honestly, I don't think you should worry your pretty lil head about it too much. ;) Seeing Michael's site, and what he's got, and what he's done......I would guess he's been around awhile. He knows the business. He knows what he's getting in to.

Just my two.............dracma's worth. :angel:

Drachmas? I'm using Pounds in another thread and you're using Drachmas. Who needs the Dollar? :lol:

Drachmas? I'm using Pounds in another thread and you're using Drachmas. Who needs the Dollar? :lol:

:lol: Hey.....that's 'cuz we're swayve and deboner!!! :lol:

:lol: Hey.....that's 'cuz we're swayve and deboner!!! :lol:

I was thinkin' the same thing. We are just too high falutin'!

:lol:  Hey.....that's 'cuz we're swayve and deboner!!! :lol:

I was thinkin' the same thing.  We are just too high falutin'!

Snobs

:hijack: I'm sorry, did someone say something? It's hard to tell when my nose is so high up in the air!

And I hope y'all know I'm kidding!!! :P

Thanks,

M.

See what David at Suncity will do for him then and then let him choose where he goes to have it done

The thing that irks me....is that people slag Sam's product WITHOUT even seeing it........

The connotation of the word CDR immediately turns some people off. Fine.....until you actually see the end product you have no clue what you are talking about.....

As far as moving more units......not so sure fellas. I think YOU guys are in the minority......which is fine if that's what you like. But all Michael from Manilla Thrills has to do is talk to Retrospect about sales...and quantities and that whole argument will get thrown out the window.....

And the bottom line is......if you've seen or have his product and don't like it....then don't buy it and you can tell the world how horrible it is. But until then.....you guys are just talkin' out of your ass....

And the bottom line is......if you've seen or have his product and don't like it....then don't buy it and you can tell the world how horrible it is. But until then.....you guys are just talkin' out of your ass....

Have I told you lately Jim that I love you? :P

I bought two of Sam's products...Rock Boulevard, and Friction...and while not being silver pressed the quality of the art, sound, inserts, heatsealed label...everything... was excellent. I believe in my heart that Sam puts out a professional product. Nuff said.

Have I told you lately Jim that I love you? :P

I bought two of Sam's products...Rock Boulevard, and Friction...and while not being silver pressed the quality of the art, sound, inserts, heatsealed label...everything... was excellent. I believe in my heart that Sam puts out a professional product. Nuff said.

:blink:

:gone:

LMAO!!!!

**note to self....no professions of love on Heavy Harmonies. even though it was just a really great guy...good friend...thanks for the support...kinda love**

I'm so ashamed.... :anon:

LMAO!!!!

**note to self....no professions of love on Heavy Harmonies. even though it was just a really great guy...good friend...thanks for the support...kinda love**

I'm so ashamed.... :anon:

:lol:

:drink:

The closet has opened................ :lol:

***UPDATE***

I sent Sue Moors, and David at Suncity Records an email, and enclosed the 'Just Gotta Go' MP3.

My reply from Sue just 10 minutes after I sent her the email:

Dear Scott

Thanks ever so much for your email and MP3.

It's currently 6.30 am here in Melbourne and David is not around to hear the

music. I will pass it on to him. I am currently listening to it and it

does sound good. Of course we will be pleased to phone them.

Glad to hear you were happy with the first Blue Tears album. Good news is

that the second is not too far off now. Hopefully only a few weeks. The

second is just as good as the first, if not better!

Keep in touch.

Kind regards

Sue Moors

www.suncityrecords.com

Possibly exciting news here folks!!!!!!

More to come....

M.

Hello People, Dave from Suncity Records here. Just a question to the Heavy Harmonies die hards:

Would you guys like to see the Manila Thrills album released on cd by Retrospect Records or Suncity Records?? Just very interested in what people think.

As you know Suncity Records have set prices, take alot of pride in the artwork, production (re-mastering/re-mixing) and release everything on SILVER PRESSED discs??

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards

Dave

Suncity Records

P.S. This post is not intended on starting up the Retrospect Records spokes people, just for me to get an idea on what people think??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.