Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Swordfish" (2001)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOhZ_nBa0w

Action/techno thriller with a hammy John Travolta as a criminal mastermind who draws a famed hacker (Hugh Jackman) out of retirement to help him plan a massively scaled bank robbery. Of course, things go horribly wrong, leading to much destruction of property and gun play.

Also, we get to see Halle Berry's boobs, which if memory serves was a major selling point for this movie when it was first released.

This flick is stylish and well made but ultimately it's just empty calories. Free advice, freeze frame the shot of Halle's boobs long enough to commit them to memory, and then eject the DVD .... cuz they're the only memorable thing about this movie.

"Hellraiser: Hellworld" (2005)

In the seventh (or maybe it's the eighth, I've honestly lost track) installment of the seemingly endless "Hellraiser" saga, Pinhead takes to teh interwebz. A gang of computer geeks are invited to a spooky ol' house party in honor of a Cenobite themed online game, hosted by the always-welcome Lance Henriksen. One by one, of course, horrible things begin happening to them. Have the computer game players unwittingly re-opened a portal to Hell so Pinhead can come back to Earth?

For an obviously low budget flick "Hellworld" delivers on the gore front and the gratuitous boobage, but unfortunately it suffers from a severe lack of Cenobite action. Pinhead and his pals are barely in the movie!! They pop up every once in a while, but for most part, they let Henriksen's character do most of the dirty work. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out that this flick originally started out as a straight up nothin' special Dead Teenager Movie that had some Pinhead scenes shoehorned into it at the last minute so it could be passed off as a "Hellraiser" flick.

Interesting side note: Henry Cavill, star of this summer's forthcoming Superman reboot "Man of Steel," plays one of the unlucky game players in this flick. If his career as Superman takes off, he may want to consider striking this one from his resume.

"Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" (2004)

Warped '70s period piece stars Will Ferrell as a much-beloved San Diego TV news anchor whose life is turned upside down when his station hires its first-ever female news reporter (Christina Applegate). This flick starts out bizarre and just gets weirder as it goes on. A total hoot. Watch for cameos by Ben Stiller, Tim Robbins, and Danny "Machete" Trejo.

"The Blob" (1988)

Update of the 50s sci-fi/horror classic stars Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith as small town high schoolers whose quaint little hamlet comes under attack from a giant man-eating hunk of space goop. Things only get worse when government spooks show up to try and corral the critter.

Some of the special effects haven't held up very well but aside from that the 88 "Blob" is fast moving, action packed, gooey, gory fun. Yeah, there are a lot of crappy remakes out there but this ain't one of'em.

Side note for "Walking Dead" fans: future "Walking Dead" producer Frank Darabont co-wrote the screenplay for this flick and Jeffery DeMunn, who played "Dale" on "W.D." appears here as the town sheriff.

"The Blob" (1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixDADVVnxA

Update of the 50s sci-fi/horror classic stars Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith as small town high schoolers whose quaint little hamlet comes under attack from a giant man-eating hunk of space goop. Things only get worse when government spooks show up to try and corral the critter.

Some of the special effects haven't held up very well but aside from that the 88 "Blob" is fast moving, action packed, gooey, gory fun. Yeah, there are a lot of crappy remakes out there but this ain't one of'em.

Side note for "Walking Dead" fans: future "Walking Dead" producer Frank Darabont co-wrote the screenplay for this flick and Jeffery DeMunn, who played "Dale" on "W.D." appears here as the town sheriff.

Watched this a couple of weeks back and agree that it's a good remake.

has anyone seen this? looks and sounds pretty strange

Cheyenne, a wealthy former rock star (Penn), now bored and jaded in his retirement embarks on a quest to find his father's persecutor, an ex-Nazi war criminal now hiding out in the U.S. Learning his father is close to death, he travels to New York in the hope of being reconciled with him during his final hours, only to arrive too late. Having been estranged for over 30 years, it is only now in death that he learns the true extent of his father's humiliation in Auschwitz at the hands of former SS Officer Aloise Muller - an event he is determined to avenge. So begins a life-altering journey across the heartland of America to track down and confront his father's nemesis. As his quest unfolds, Cheyenne is reawakened by the people he encounters and his journey is transformed into one of reconciliation and self discovery. As his date with destiny arrives and he tracks down Muller, Cheyenne must finally decide if it is redemption he seeks ....or revenge.

^^^^^^Haven't seen it but it's gotten some of the most savage reviews I've read in a while. Apparently it's quite the train wreck.

"Drag Me To Hell" (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXN3r1EGXZ4

Sam "Spider-Man" Raimi returns to his horror roots with this tongue-in-cheek tale of a young woman whose poor decision making puts her at the business end of a particularly nasty gypsy curse. Supernatural sight gags and lotsa jump scares ensue as she tries to rid herself of the bad mojo. Slight, but fun little time waster with great special effects and typically twisted Raimi humor.

"Wreck-It Ralph" (2012)

Disney's latest smash hit is kinda like a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the video-game generation. The villain of a vintage '80s arcade game is tired of being the bad guy so he goes "game jumping" hoping to find a way to be seen as a hero. Stuck in a racing game called "Sugar Rush" (imagine a Strawberry Shortcake version of Mario Kart) he befriends a fellow misfit and helps save the day when some giant angry aliens crash the party.

My kids and I all loved "Wreck It Ralph," it was beautifully animated, packed with action, funny as hell and had a warm heart. If you've ever played video games, you need to see this movie, it's a blast!

Watch for the cameos by tons of vintage game characters including Q-Bert, DigDug, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and many more!

"Moon" (2009)

Quirky sci-fi story of a lonely corporate corporate drone, stationed at a solitary lunar mining station (Sam Rockwell) whose three-year "hitch" is almost up. When his replacement suddenly arrives, it opens up a mystery that I can't really reveal without spoiling the whole thing. Props to Rockwell in particular, who pretty much carries the film as a solo act (alongside Kevin Spacey, who provides the voice of the HAL 9000 style computer). Offbeat and interesting. Useless trivia, the director (Duncan Jones) is David Bowie's son.

"Malibu Express" (1985)

Cody Abilene is a Bo Duke lookalike, DeLorean drivin' private eye who gets mixed up in corporate espionage and blackmail while trying to investigate a murder in this cheeseball T&A action comedy from Andy Sidaris. The story makes no sense, the acting is wooden, but there are tons of hot women and therefore tons of gratuitious boobage, which is the only reason anyone ever watched Sidaris' films in the first place. Hilariously bad but still kind of awesome in its own way. :rofl2:

51cMpYxn4WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hated that film! Really arty and I didn't really get it (or want to).

Did you like it?

I must say I don't hate it but don't really like it, pretty average and only to watch it once, I'm just curious because it's rated so highly at IMDB. I like the non-linear setting of the movie, slightly reminds me of 'Memento' (which is way better of course) that's played backwards, but this one is jumpy from one timeline to another.

The plot is really simple though, two ex-lovers that mysteriously meet again and want to reconnect after watching their old memories started to fade, the girl still hesitant because she's afraid that they're gonna break up again, but the boy insist.