Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Don't Blink" (2014)

A group of thirty somethings arrive at a secluded mountain resort... and find that everyone there has mysteriously disappeared. As they try to figure out what happened, they also begin to vanish one by one. This "Twilight Zone"-ish indie thriller manages to create sufficiently creepy atmosphere despite an obvious low budget, thanks to the performances by a cast populated with familiar "C" list faces like Brian Austin Green ("90210"), Joanne Kelly ("Warehouse 13"), Mena Suvari, and even Zack "Scut Farkus from A Christmas Story" Ward! Not a must-see but if there's nothing else on it's a decent time waster.

Revisited the best movie ever with the kids last night and they are quoting like mad this morning!!!

The Burbs

Absolutely love it.

"Dementia 13" (1963)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcI47OkNhg

A scheming young woman covers up her husband's sudden death in order to claim his portion of an inheritance. Unfortunately, a deranged axe murderer prowling the family's Irish castle might make it difficult for her to collect.

Roger Corman produced this low rent Gothic "Psycho" wanna-be, which was directed by a young Francis Ford Coppola (in one of his first gigs behind the camera). Cool, sleazy retro fun.

"Strait Jacket" (1964)

This camp-to-the-max "B' grade horror thriller (directed by gimmick kingpin William Castle and written by Robert "Psycho" Bloch) stars Joan Crawford as a woman who's just spent 20 years in an insane asylum for axe murdering her husband and his mistress. As she tries to re-connect with her estranged daughter, though, heads suddenly start rolling again. Crawford, as usual, throws herself into her role and chews the scenery for all it's worth. Cheap, trashy fun!

"Batman Forever" (1995)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BakNN4B3oMU

Third time's the charm? Ehhh, not exactly. This so-so installment introduced a new actor in the Batman suit (Val Kilmer), a new sidekick (Chris O'Donnell as Robin) and a new director (Joel Schumacher) - resulting in an occasionally entertaining, but mostly loud and confused, mess. The story is a muddle, the day-glo visuals are garish and the performances are... well, ugh. Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face is little more than a copycat of Jack Nicholson's Joker, trying and failing to chew more scenery than Jim Carrey's Riddler (who completely steals the movie). On the other hand, this flick captures Nicole Kidman (as a Gotham City police psychiatrist with a Bat fetish) at her absolute peak of hottie perfection.
So yeah, "Forever" isn't even in the same ballpark as Tim Burton's first two Batman films, but it still looks like solid gold compared to the series' absolute nadir, 1997's "Batman & Robin."

• My Little Pony

Automata (2014)

Started off with promise. Quickly lost sight of it. Disappointing. Stars Antonio Banderas.

Cold In July (2014)

Here's a film you lot need to see. It feels like every thirty minutes it changes genres. I don't want to say much, because it could spoil the film, but it has some great twists. Stars Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson.

Gone Girl (2014)

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now. I may have seen some of the twists before they happened, but I certainly did not see that ending coming. Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike played the roles of their lives.

The kids stayed over again this weekend ...

Hot Fuzz, Wanted and Black Hawk Down (with the boy)

Epic and Wreck It Ralph (with the girls)

:)

"Creature from the Haunted Sea" (1961)

Director Roger Corman and writer Charles Griffith followed up 1960's "Little Shop of Horrors" with this klutzy slapstick comedy that tries to parody both spy flicks and monster movies. Immediately following the Cuban revolution, a gang of American crooks are trying to make it back to the U.S. with a strong box of gold stolen from Cuba's treasury, but a goggle-eyed sea monster appears and complicates their escape.
The story makes no sense, the random jokes fall flat and the "monster" has got to be one of the cheapest looking things ever to come out of Corman's Z-movie factory, which is really saying something. This thing looks like a trash bag covered in leaves with ping-pong balls for eyes.
Creature_from_the_Haunted_Sea.JPG
Wow. Just....wow. :rofl2:
I couldn't even enjoy this one from a campy, so-bad-it's-good standpoint. It's only January and I think I already have my front runner for "worst movie I've seen this year!"

• My Little Pony

Appleseed Alpha.....decent animated flick

The first two are anime classics, but I couldn't really get into this one. I love Shinji Aramaki, and I get excited for anything he directs, so I was disappointed with it.

• My Little Pony

The Wicker Man (1973)

I've never seen the remake with Cage, and I never will. This cult-classic is often called the "Citizen Kane of Horror," and I now know why. We wouldn't consider it to be Horror by our current standards, but a lot of elements we expect from the genre are present here. It also stars a younger Christopher Lee with hair, and I mean HAIR! That might be the scariest thing in this film.

• My Little Pony

The Equalizer (2014)

Denzel Washington reprises his role as the Punisher. Well... he's pretty much the closest thing we've ever had to Frank Castle. If you haven't seen this film, yet, do yourself a favour, and sort your fucking life out.

The Equalizer

Brick Mansions

• My Little Pony

A Million Ways to Die in the West

If you like Seth McFarLane's brand of humor than you will LOVE this!! Almost as good as Ted.... I absolutely LOVED it!!!! :rofl2::rofl2:

Sorry, but I thought this was a waste of time.

The Equalizer (2014)

Denzel Washington reprises his role as the Punisher. Well... he's pretty much the closest thing we've ever had to Frank Castle. If you haven't seen this film, yet, do yourself a favour, and sort your fucking life out.

I can't help but think of Edward Woodward whenever I see a reference to this film ...

The Wicker Man (1973)

I've never seen the remake with Cage, and I never will. This cult-classic is often called the "Citizen Kane of Horror," and I now know why. We wouldn't consider it to be Horror by our current standards, but a lot of elements we expect from the genre are present here. It also stars a younger Christopher Lee with hair, and I mean HAIR! That might be the scariest thing in this film.

Speaking of Edward Woodward ...

The Wicker Man is a GREAT film - far better than most of the 'horror' films being put out today ...

How To Train Your Dragon 2 wit the boys

If you like Seth McFarLane's brand of humor than you will LOVE this!! Almost as good as Ted.... I absolutely LOVED it!!!! :rofl2::rofl2:

I concur. I was expecting so much more. I'll stick with Ted and Family Guy reruns... til Ted 2 comes out anyways.

Revisited the best movie ever with the kids last night and they are quoting like mad this morning!!!

The Burbs

Absolutely love it.

My second favorite move of all time.

A 9 on the tension scale hey Rube.

So whats the number one?

"Hey Ricky, get that lamo out of your yard!"

• My Little Pony

I concur. I was expecting so much more. I'll stick with Ted and Family Guy reruns... til Ted 2 comes out anyways.

I don't like Seth MacFarlane, so I don't know why I expected anything more.