Crashdiet have a new singer

whiplash1972

From their FB page

The time has come to enter the next chapter in the CRASHDÏET book of madness.
After much soul-searching, Gabriel has decided to leave the band to focus on other things in life.

We are shaken by his decision, but we respectfully wish him all the best in his future endeavors and thank him for the years he worked with us and his contribution to the last two studio albums.

Taking over the vocal duties will be none other than John Elliot. A good friend and excellent singer from the band Confess! He has the drive and the hunger to lead us into a promising future. 

We also welcome Martin's brother, Michael, as the band's permanent drummer! He has stepped in for Eric on countless shows since 2011 and is a natural fit for us. Now that Peter is back and full of energy, we can proudly announce the lineup of CRASHDÏET in 2024:

John Elliot
Martin Sweet
Peter London
Michael Sweet

See you on the long and winding road!
//CRASHDÏET

After six remarkable years with CRASHDÏET I find myself at the end of this path, times change and it's time for me to change direction towards new challenges. I wanna thank all of you for the love, support, and memories that will forever be kept in the chamber of my pounding heart. I Love u all❤️

Goodbyes are never easy, especially this one. A big thanks to my brothers in Crashdiet for this crazy and wonderful ride! 
We’ve shared a lot of great moments and some not as great as well (Hehe) and I will always be grateful that you gave me this opportunity❤️

I can assure you that the band will continue to deliver kick-ass shows and release great tunes! Especially with John Elliot behind the mic! Give him a well-deserved welcome and give the guys the support they need through these times of change! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
// Gabriel

Upcoming shows 2024:

MARCH 02-07 Monster of Rock Cruise, Miami, USA
MAY 10 Nordic Noise, Copenhagen, Denmark
MAY 11 WildFest, Belgium
AUG 10 Firevolt festival, U.K
AUG 30 Rethymno Rocks, Greece
SEP 05 Tampere, Finland
SEP 06 Turko, Finland
SEP 07 Helsinki Finland
SEP 13 Sinner Rock, Altengronau, Germany
SEP 14 Alvik Rock in Norway

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bummer.

I know I'm likely in the minority, but I was never into this band until Gabriel came on board.  I just dug his vocals and thought Automaton and Rust were both excellent albums.

Hopefully they can do some good things with their new lineup.

Another day, another vocalist change. Never got into these guys anyway, and saw them live once when Cruz was on vocals, and it just sounded like a load of noise. I was saying to someone the other day that as much as I like the Treatment, I think their constant revolving door of vocalists has hurt their potential for success.

Automaton was easily my favorite Crashdiet album. I liked some of the stuff with Simon, but didn't care much for anything before that. 

At least this new singer doesn't have a gravel voice. That style of singing is way too common in this genre. I'll definitely give new material a listen

So does this mean that Confess are done? or are they too on the search for a singer?

Edited by lettard

8 hours ago, lettard said:

So does this mean that Confess are done? or are they too on the search for a singer?

lol, this was my thought process too. What about Confess?! I like both bands, but not at the expense of one of them. 

John says he is still in Confess as well. 
This was posted on the Confess FB page about an hour ago:

TO CLARIFY SOME STUFF!

Yes, i've joined forces with Crashdiet, which feels very exciting indeed. With that being said, I’m still very much a part of confess.
Confess is my high school Rock'n roll band that i sang in for the past 15 years and i have no intentions of leaving or changing that.
We're currently working on new music and hopefully have something new to show you guys pretty soon.

// John Elliot

https://www.facebook.com/confessofsweden?mibextid=JRoKGi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiplash1972 said:

John says he is still in Confess as well. 
This was posted on the Confess FB page about an hour ago:

TO CLARIFY SOME STUFF!

Yes, i've joined forces with Crashdiet, which feels very exciting indeed. With that being said, I’m still very much a part of confess.
Confess is my high school Rock'n roll band that i sang in for the past 15 years and i have no intentions of leaving or changing that.
We're currently working on new music and hopefully have something new to show you guys pretty soon.

// John Elliot

https://www.facebook.com/confessofsweden?mibextid=JRoKGi

Good news, I really like Confess :-)

• Like 1

Yeah, that’s definitely good news. Could get tricky to juggle the two, and it’ll be weird having two kind of similar style bands with the same lead singer, but let’s see how it goes. 

48 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, that’s definitely good news. Could get tricky to juggle the two, and it’ll be weird having two kind of similar style bands with the same lead singer, but let’s see how it goes. 

Yeah , it'll be something to keep an eye on...could see Crashdiet singer number 6(!!!) sooner than we/they would want lol

Edited by lettard

• 1 month later...

Footage featuring John Elliot:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Knokk ‘em Down”

• Like 1