Olli Herman joins Popeda, announcement on Reckless Love future plans this month

Captain Howdy

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, DaHun72 said:

Devastating news but to my ears the last couple of albums, whilst good lost the magic of the first few... So the band probably needed a shake up anyway?

I enjoyed Turborider, because it was so much different from the rest (I mean, obviously; it was essentially Synthwave), but I think I agree with you. I usually only listen to the first two albums, and still haven't even heard InVader

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I enjoyed Turborider, because it was so much different from the rest (I mean, obviously; it was essentially Synthwave), but I think I agree with you. I usually only listen to the first two albums, and still haven't even heard InVader

InVader is basically halfway between the first 3 and Turborider in sound I reckon. While it and Turborider have grown a bit on me, I much prefer the first 3 albums.

If I was to put the albums in order of how much I like them it would be:

S/T

Animal attraction

Turborider

Spirit

Invader

Spirit had some brilliant songs on it, but was far less consistant than the two albums before it, and some songs were pure cringe with their lyrics (Metal ass). Turborider though comes pretty close to the first two albums for consistancy, and the synth wave style really freshened up their sound. Invader while not terrible is a distant fifth as it never really clicked with me beyond a couple of songs. Certainly the only album in their catalogue that I rarely play all the way through. That said, their worst album is still better than some bands best album.

• 1 month later...

Hessu apparently has a song coming out on 29th.

Not much detail on what it will entail other than a small snippet, but it's possible he is doing vocals.

• My Little Pony
34 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Hessu apparently has a song coming out on 29th.

Not much detail on what it will entail other than a small snippet, but it's possible he is doing vocals.

Under what name?

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Under what name?

He has only posted a small teaser so far, and the graphics on the screen say Maxx Factory.

I think that is what he calls his drum school, but maybe wrong. So maybe he is using that as a band name.. guess we will have to wait a week.

Hessu is on vocals. By all accounts this was a demo he did six years ago, but has finally re-recorded the full version.

Certainly has a Reckless Love vibe to it.

• Like 1

Downloaded a digital copy from Amazon and already played it a few times. Really like it. Hopefully it will lead to a full album.

Here is some of the info he posted on Instagram

Hi everyone!♥️🥁🥁🥁🥁
I've thought about writing this post A LOT!
There are so many people I want to thank for making this moment happen. This is deifinitely my number 1 moment of my career as a musician, composer, producer and a SINGER. My virginity is lost now in so many ways, haha... 😃 The list of people involved in my career is way too long to deal in one post, so I will write more about that later on...
For now I just want to say that this is my vision of Rock n' Roll. This is how I see the world at the moment.
My partners in crime on this song are @jalleverne and @ollianthonanttila . We lit up the darkness! 👏🏼 my 6 year old demo was totally reborn!

@jykasirainen / @countryjyka played amazing bass tracks and sang some killer backing vocals. He also recorded my drumming at MAXX FACTORY studio, @mikkoanterolahtonen played hell of a guitar tracks as he always does. And me and Olli A. Did the rest, at his studio and at my place.
You guys are a goup of extremely good people with good energy, talent and passion for music. Thank you guys♥️ This means a lot to me. I hope you can all feel it. This story will go on!👏🏼 For now, Dance Thru Darkness! 💥

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Hessu is on vocals. By all accounts this was a demo he did six years ago, but has finally re-recorded the full version.

It's okay. We should probably start a new thread for it, though. 

13 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It's okay. We should probably start a new thread for it, though. 

Was thinking that but not sure if this is a full time project or not.

On 3/29/2024 at 11:03 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, that's awesome. As noted, huge RL vibes. 

• Like 1