The Real Heavy Bones

Geoff

Was listening to this interview the other day;

... and he was talking (a lot) about an upcoming album of tracks from the Heavy Bones sessions. If it's half as good as he and the producer talk it up to be, I'm definitely interested. 

It sounds like it should have been released by now, but hopefully it is not far away now. 

Heavy-Bones-album-cover-e1690899033228.j

https://www.joelellismusic.com/joel-ellis-interviews

5 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

I was talking to Joel about doing this 5 years ago. But we couldn't get the label on board or any other member, so I dropped out. Looks like he's doing his own "unofficial" version :)

Without going into too much detail I think he mentions something along those lines in the interview. He says that in the past the other band members weren't on board with this, or a re-issue of the album (which apparently is also happening now). Possibly most of all he had issues with Frank Banali? Possibly? But they made peace before he passed and apparently the remaining guys gave the green light? 

Not sure exactly - I listen to so much stuff and everything else, but I think it was something along those lines. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Available now for anyone that's interested and for what its worth it sounds decent...just a little pricy for me and thats before you add postage...plus it says something about splitting it all over 4 volumes :( 

https://www.joelellismusic.com/real-heavy-bones

40 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

$47 shipping to AU. Er, no.

Yeah and the 11 song cd is $30 :( not to mention if you eventually want all 4 :blink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Available now for anyone that's interested and for what its worth it sounds decent...just a little pricy for me and thats before you add postage...plus it says something about splitting it all over 4 volumes :( 

https://www.joelellismusic.com/real-heavy-bones

He can fuck right off with those prices. $30 for the CD and then $46 for postage. What is he gonna do, deliver it in fucking person? I thought the $20- $25 most charge was lumpy, but nearly $50 is a fucking rip off.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

“Say Goodbye “

“Friends”