Kix announce retirement

Metal Sludge — KIX are calling it quits. 

After more than 40 years the Baltimore based KIX have decided to throw in the towel.

KIX first formed in the late 1970’s and a few years later signed with Atlantic Records releasing their self-titled debut in 1981. 

The band have remained a crowd favorite with a die-hard underground following that has helped them tour throughout the United States and beyond for decades. 

As of tonight May 7th, the band’s singer Steve Whitemanhas just told the M3 Rock-Fest crowd during the band’s headlining set that they are retiring this fall.

“KIX… The Final Show” as it’s being billed will take place on Sunday September 17th 2023 at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia Maryland.

KIX have released 7 studios albums, 2 live albums and 3 compilations over their career along with making various guest appearances. 

There is no official statement from the band as of this posting but once available we’ll be sure to share it with you. 

Bravo KIX… you have nothing left to prove.

• Thanks 1

I really liked the last album... was way back in 2014 but I didn't realise it was that long ago. Kix never broke as big as they shoulda. Great band.

Too bad.  Always a bit underrated but the were always a fun band to see live and had become a staple at some festivals and on the MORC.

Nice reminder though that these bands won't be around forever and these festivals need to work in some newer bands that are trying to carry on that 80's torch.

Sad news but they had a good run,i'd say if you asked them 40 years ago would they still be a band/touring/recording they'd have laughed at you...Loved the earlier output to bits

It's not the first time they have called it quits, and going on other bands from the genre it may not be their last.

In this day and age I always take any band retirement with a pinch of salt.

That said, they had a good innings.

• My Little Pony

One of the best shows you'll ever see, and certainly the most fun. I wish I could get down there for the final show, but I'm grateful for the times I did see them. 

Nothing on YT yet, but here is the link to their post on FB where Steve makes the announcement:

https://fb.watch/koVhsuMlqG/?mibextid=v7YzmG