Bai Bang - Sha Na Na Na

Stefan

Press release:

A driving force in the Swedish rock scene of the 2000’s, Bai Bang hails from Helsingborg, Sweden. The Glam Rock band’s music ranges from classic raunchy sleaze rock to melodic hardrock. Founding member Diddi Kastenholt writes the music and feels the best writing has been on the last 4 albums Rock of Life, All Around The World, Livin’ My Dream and Are You Ready. The latest album ‘Best of Four’ was released on May 31, 2019. 

Bai Bang’s early years were formed from their own listening tastes of bands such as T-Rex, Sweet and Kiss. They got their first major tour with Scotland’s Nazareth and have since toured with Alice Cooper, Pretty Maids, Dio, Ratt, Union, L.A. Guns and many other throughout the years. Since their tour with Nazareth, Bai Bang have toured Europe, Canada, Japan and the USA.

The band has been featured at festivals like: Wacken Open Air (returning for their 6th year in 2022), Sweden Rock Festival, Rocklahoma, Hard Rock Hell Sleaze, Hard Rock Hell AOR and H.E.A.T. Festival.

Diddi comments: „Due to the pandemic we had to slow things down. But the songwriting continued.Recording in the studio was not easy to do. But finally we could work 100% again. The results came out as the best Bai Bang album so far. 11songs with great riffs, melodies and catchy hooks. A great party album. Although there are some serious songs, too.“

During the year 2021, BAI BANG signed a new record deal with Germany based label Pride & Joy Music. The new and first record ”Sha Na Na” for this label will be released on March 24th, 2023 and was mixed by Mick Kastenholt at Seven Studios, JM Studios, Lord Drum Studios and Sunshine Explosion Studio with producer Pontus Assarson and mastering engineer Martin Kronlund.

Tracklisting:

1. Sha Na Na Na 3:22 
2. My Favorite Enemy 3:30 
3. I Don't Really Know 3:12 
4. I Know All The Hits 2:40 
5. I Wanna Rock N Roll 2:55 
6. Motivated 3:23 
7. All Alone 3:06 
8. It's Enough 3:21 
9. Rock Me 3:06 
10. Having A Show 2:56 
11. That's All I Need (Wha Wao Wa) 2:49

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Bai Bang - Sha Na Na Na
On 2/10/2023 at 11:02 AM, melodicrock said:

I believe we have an early contender for worst cover of the year.

And also maybe album title :) 

Still I'm looking forward to it...really liked Are You Ready...most of the other albums are hit and miss with me tbh..but still enjoyable

I played HRH AOR a few years back and this lot were on. Singer completely shitfaced and could hardly do the gig...bit of a car crash

'Cop To Con' was a good album way back, but not really followed much of their stuff, bar an odd album since. That cover is utter shit too and hardly makes me want to check out what is inside :crazy: 

Haha. I really like this band, but don't dispute anything in this thread. 

Album title is a disgrace. These guys are 50 or 60 year old, and they want to name their album this shit? Get a trout and smack all of your faces. Just embarrassing. 

But then you see the band photo and things make more sense. Absolutely woeful. 

Lead singer is really weak, but I have enjoyed all of their albums, some to a larger degree than others. Oh, except the debut which is unlistenable. But like Jez says, 'Cop to Con' is a gem. Love that album. Most their stuff's good, but hoping for something very good from the new one.  

5 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Oh my fucking god what a pile of utter shit, my hopes for this album have just gone down the shitter, why would you even record this never mind release it...

:agree:

On 2/24/2023 at 5:44 PM, Mr.AOR said:

Oh my fucking god what a pile of utter shit, my hopes for this album have just gone down the shitter, why would you even record this never mind release it...

I haven't heard the album yet.
Been working up in Sydney pretty lonmg hours so no chance to hear much at all.

As for this song on first listen.
Yeah, it's pretty average.
But so is a lot of stuff released these days.

Edit: near the end of tyhe song now and I'm wondering if it will end up being catchy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Given this 3 or 4 spins now and it's a really good album.

Pretty sure my comment above was referring to My Favourite Enemy which I now really like. Stand out track for me.

First listens can easily be off.

But pretty much every so is a keeper for me.

Only problem is that if above 5/10 means the song is a keeper, most of the songs are a 6 with a few 7's. 

So good songs, but not much that really pops out as killer tracks.

On 9/28/2023 at 9:33 PM, CureTheSane said:

Given this 3 or 4 spins now and it's a really good album.

Pretty sure my comment above was referring to My Favourite Enemy which I now really like. Stand out track for me.

First listens can easily be off.

But pretty much every so is a keeper for me.

Only problem is that if above 5/10 means the song is a keeper, most of the songs are a 6 with a few 7's. 

So good songs, but not much that really pops out as killer tracks.

Yep, 100%. It's almost at the point where I dread when one of the songs pops up on my 2023 playlist now. Will probably start removing. They're technically keepers, but by the smallest of possible margins. 

On 10/4/2023 at 8:10 PM, Geoff said:

Yep, 100%. It's almost at the point where I dread when one of the songs pops up on my 2023 playlist now. Will probably start removing. They're technically keepers, but by the smallest of possible margins. 

Except the last song, that one is below par.