Jump to content

Best New Talent / Debut of 2022


Recommended Posts

Let's rule out supergroups or side-projects. What do you consider to be the best debut from new talent in 2022? 

I'm tossing up between Classless Act, Deraps and Vypera at the moment.

Any others?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to scroll down my list quite a bit this year, but when I saw the answer it was very clear. Probably a bit modern for some, but certainly not I.

Elsewhere, I also really like-

White Tyger     -    This Is The Life

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whiler there a bunch of "new to me" groups where I hadn't heard their prior efforts, there aren't many "new" groups that rose above "meh" tier for me thus far. Those that did:

Altzi

Bloodywood (not HH genre, but still exceptionally good)

Fatal Vision

Ginevra (not sure if this is considered a side-project/supergroup or not)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Altzi

I was going to mention this myself, but considering his history I thought it met not the criteria. But I agree that it's a great album. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Whiler there a bunch of "new to me" groups where I hadn't heard their prior efforts, there aren't many "new" groups that rose above "meh" tier for me thus far. Those that did:

Altzi

Bloodywood (not HH genre, but still exceptionally good)

Fatal Vision

Ginevra (not sure if this is considered a side-project/supergroup or not)

 

 

Kristian is only member who hasn't sing in an  another band

Magnus has played in Eclipse

Jimmy has played in H.E.A. T.

Magnus K has a lot of different bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, Geoff said:

I was going to mention this myself, but considering his history I thought it met not the criteria. But I agree that it's a great album. 

Yes, great album!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, Doggy said:

Kristian is only member who hasn't sing in an  another band

Magnus has played in Eclipse

Jimmy has played in H.E.A. T.

Magnus K has a lot of different bands.

Kristian is in 7th Crystal

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Kristian is in 7th Crystal

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2022 at 2:40 AM, whiplash1972 said:

Gunshine by a country mile… Deraps would probably be my second pick

 

Just clicked on this to check it out as I had never heard of this band....Not too bad!  Kinda reminds me musically of early Tora Tora but I hear some Axel Rose in those vocals.

I might have to check this album out to see if anything else grabs me on it.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.