Jump to content

Anybody else fucking dig this song???


Leykis101
 Share

Recommended Posts

The station I came to work at is where I first heard these guys, they played at a club and I got in, then got caught and kicked out, seeing I was 13, lol, but before they released this disc, the label IRS made them bury the lyrics of the chorus or they wouldn't release it as a single, that's why the line Murder Me, is all fucked up and reverbed, and echoed, but the coolest thing was I think it sounds fucking sweet with the effects, way more sinister, and it's not like you cant tell what he's singing, fucking people.

 

 

Edited by Leykis101
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And were any of you guys aware that, Sometimes You Eat The Pussy, And Sometimes The Pussy Eats You???

 

Edited by Leykis101
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, love that Heist song. Interesting about the lyrics etc, as I actually always struggled to understand what he was saying. Seems very obvious in the light of day. I can't remember off the top of my head, does the CD have a lyric booklet? 

lol at second song. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hang on let me check

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, mine doesn't, doesn't hardly have anything, just a standard front back single folded insert, the front cover, the back part is a pic of the band, and inside are just credits, kind of surprised it wasn't slapped with a PA tag, that would've required them to allow the album to be unaltered, and my feelings are knowing what I know, they didn't put a whole lot of money or effort into promoting them, probably spend a portion of it hiring Night Ranger members to produce, sing and play on it, I mean does it in any way strike you as an album that would have any ties to NR??? come on Loose Lips! Sink In Pink! Tighter! Stretch my tight hole open with your fat crank! I think that was left off the album, but the songs Ive always thought were good, the album was consistent, I mean there's really not a bad song, or even a filler, there's just no absolutely mind blowing good songs either, so it's always been one I throw on pretty regularly, and a lot of the songs I have on playlists.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My step dad had music on yesterday when he came by, I just talked to him through the window, he never got out of his car, but a song was playing that as usual, made me stick my head in and listen, I had never heard of the band, and he looked at me like I was a fucking retard, he didn't believe me, thought I was fucking with him, but I really never have, but now my life will be better now that I have this song in it, so if all of you have heard of this band, I guess I'm just a fucking idiot, I don't even know if this song was popular, i know Ive never heard it until yesterday, if you got some brilliant or hilarious shit to say about me not knowing these guys I'll tell you as I told him, go fuck yourselves

 

 

Edited by Leykis101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

My step dad had music on yesterday when he came by, I just talked to him through the window, he never got out of his car, but a song was playing that as usual, made me stick my head in and listen, I had never heard of the band, and he looked at me like I was a fucking retard, he didn't believe me, thought I was fucking with him, but I really never have, but now my life will be better now that I have this song in it, so if all of you have heard of this band, I guess I'm just a fucking idiot, I don't even know if this song was popular, i know Ive never heard it until yesterday, if you got some brilliant or hilarious shit to say about me not knowing these guys I'll tell you as I told him, go fuck yourselves

 

 

Don't know much their material, they an Australian band. Form in  1977 and disband in 2006.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor water headed Cody... lol

Yes I have heard the Go Betweens, not really my bag, nice enough and all but and as for American Dog, yea. Frank is a cool guy. I prefer the 1st Salty Dog record over any of the AD stuff, but I did get a nice care package from Frank when I sent him an old demo tape of some early SD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Doggy said:

Don't know much their material, they an Australian band. Form in  1977 and disband in 2006.

Figures, It seems like it's starting to be a thing, first it was Mental As Anything, then it was You Am I, right into Sunnyboys, and now the Go Betweens, maybe there's something to it, and Ive been on a Mad Max kick for some reason, instead of turning Japanese im turning Aussie I really think so

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Poor water headed Cody... lol

Yes I have heard the Go Betweens, not really my bag, nice enough and all but and as for American Dog, yea. Frank is a cool guy. I prefer the 1st Salty Dog record over any of the AD stuff, but I did get a nice care package from Frank when I sent him an old demo tape of some early SD.

Well of course, Salty Dog is the shit, but you really cant compare Salty Dog to anyone, well maybe Dogs D'Amour, that's even a stretch, I just like Sometimes You Eat The Pussy, cause of how true it is, it's a lesson within a song, that's a band who cares about it's fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

That Heist release is a good one and you can't go wrong with American Dog.....I also used to listen to Nashville Pussy a lot although they are a bit heavier than AD.....

 

I saw these guys literally the week after they released Let Them Eat Pussy, that guitarist was fucking WOW! I don't even remember hearing any of the songs they played, I was just staring at her, and they had another chick playing bass who wasn't the girl in this picture, also boner causing, double loads for each of them, they are a pretty rowdy band, that's the best way I could explain it, there Albums don't do them any justice compared to their live show, they are def one of those bands I could completely never listen to, but I would go see them live in a heartbeat, as a matter of fact I was thinking about it the other day, when I was thinking about bands I don't listen to but have seen live and would see again, also Type O Negative, and Kelly Clarkson, I guess Type O is out of the question now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Well of course, Salty Dog is the shit, but you really cant compare Salty Dog to anyone, well maybe Dogs D'Amour, that's even a stretch, I just like Sometimes You Eat The Pussy, cause of how true it is, it's a lesson within a song, that's a band who cares about it's fans.

No argument Frank is bad ass and its a great song, just saying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

I saw these guys literally the week after they released Let Them Eat Pussy, that guitarist was fucking WOW! I don't even remember hearing any of the songs they played, I was just staring at her, and they had another chick playing bass who wasn't the girl in this picture, also boner causing, double loads for each of them, they are a pretty rowdy band, that's the best way I could explain it, there Albums don't do them any justice compared to their live show, they are def one of those bands I could completely never listen to, but I would go see them live in a heartbeat, as a matter of fact I was thinking about it the other day, when I was thinking about bands I don't listen to but have seen live and would see again, also Type O Negative, and Kelly Clarkson, I guess Type O is out of the question now.

Man I miss Type O...they were unique and that is rare in music....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

My step dad had music on yesterday when he came by, I just talked to him through the window, he never got out of his car, but a song was playing that as usual, made me stick my head in and listen, I had never heard of the band, and he looked at me like I was a fucking retard, he didn't believe me, thought I was fucking with him, but I really never have, but now my life will be better now that I have this song in it, so if all of you have heard of this band, I guess I'm just a fucking idiot, I don't even know if this song was popular, i know Ive never heard it until yesterday, if you got some brilliant or hilarious shit to say about me not knowing these guys I'll tell you as I told him, go fuck yourselves

 

 

 

I know this track very well as it was flogged to death on radio when it was released. 

I can't stand it.

On a side note, the "Go Betweens" drummer "Lindy Morrison" has been appearing recently on a series of TV ads down here for, APIA (Australian Pensioners Insurance Association). It's very depressing. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Figures, It seems like it's starting to be a thing, first it was Mental As Anything, then it was You Am I, right into Sunnyboys, and now the Go Betweens, maybe there's something to it, and Ive been on a Mad Max kick for some reason, instead of turning Japanese im turning Aussie I really think so

Mate, you are 100% an honorary Aussie.

If you haven't done so already, then check out "Mondo Rock", "Dragon", "Icehouse", "Australian Crawl", "Split Enz", Hoodoo Gurus" and "Noiseworks", to name a few.

Edited by Darkstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

 instead of turning Japanese im turning Aussie I really think so

When it comes to the true meaning of turning Japanese in reference to the song...

...I turn Japanese most nights, as we all do.   :bananamac:

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Figures, It seems like it's starting to be a thing, first it was Mental As Anything, then it was You Am I, right into Sunnyboys, and now the Go Betweens, maybe there's something to it, and Ive been on a Mad Max kick for some reason, instead of turning Japanese im turning Aussie I really think so

I almost forgot "Cold Chisel".

The most quintessential Aussie band of all Aussie bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dusty, Juno Roxus actually turned me on to Mondo Rock, believe it or not, he has some fetish with them, I mean I thought they sounded really cool, but I don't get his fascination with them at all, and Dreams Of Ordinary Men was a CD my step dad had going about 10 years ago, and I lost my shit, it was perfect, it was exactly the sound I live for, sadly as good as those good songs are on that CD, become how bad the bad ones are, but still those good songs on there are legendary, I didn't care for the album b4 it, the one everybody kept telling me was better then DOOM, Body and The Beat, but he did play an old one I think had to have been like early 70's called Universal Radio or something like that, It was OK, nothing like DOOM, and I listened to the albums that came after DOOM and nothing was even close to that one, maybe it had something to do with Rundgren? IDK, but I do like Icehouse, Split Enz, Noizeworks, I'll check out Cold Chisel and the other ones you mentioned.  Go ahead and recommend I check out Mental as Anything, just so I can hear them for the first time again, Ive become fascinated with them, honestly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

 

I know this track very well as it was flogged to death on radio when it was released. 

I can't stand it.

On a side note, the "Go Betweens" drummer "Lindy Morrison" has been appearing recently on a series of TV ads down here for, APIA (Australian Pensioners Insurance Association). It's very depressing. 

 

 

Isn't it weird how you fucking hate that song, I assume for the same reason I hate Stairway To Heaven, Back In Black, and anything by Metallica post 1988? because it's been beat to death by the radio? but think about this, you hate that song for it being flooded on the radio, and I never heard it in my 43 years on earth until 2 days ago, I like this kind of sound, the production is stellar, the chorus and hook are dreamy, and over produced, and there's female BGV's, which I have an odd fixation on, I would love more of this format in music, there just isn't, maybe it's cause feminists have put their tiny stiletto healed foots down that they will not sing back up to any man, they can sing back up to themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Man I miss Type O...they were unique and that is rare in music....

I saw them open for Pantera in 95, I can honestly say the second they opened with the song Christian Woman, they had huge fans going on the side of the stage that blew all their hair to the side, and a huge optical cross appeared then a bigger picture appeared making the cross look small, and by the end of the song it was a completely naked chick and she appeared to be using the cross to rub one out, I still don't know how they did that optical illusion, but Ive never seen anything like it since, and they were so fucking good, and tight, and harmonized so well together, dude it really pissed me off, I had never heard them b4 that day, and I immediately went out and bought all their discography, which I think was like 2 cds but It was a waste of fucking money, they were so good live, their discs sounded like fucking trash, I couldn't even believe it was the same band, I saw them 4 more times, the only thing that prevented them from completely ruling that show was the fact that Pantera was so every bit as awesome in concert as they were on their albums, and even as good as Pantera was, I walked away from that show thinking I had hit the concert jackpot, because Im never blown away by both bands at any concert, and I cant say I remember another that was that good, I was a senior in high school and it set the standard that no other concert lived up to since.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Figures, It seems like it's starting to be a thing, first it was Mental As Anything, then it was You Am I, right into Sunnyboys, and now the Go Betweens, maybe there's something to it, and Ive been on a Mad Max kick for some reason, instead of turning Japanese im turning Aussie I really think so

You gotta check out Hunters and Collectors if you haven't already. Also, Powderfinger. If you like the Go-Betweens you'll probably like them. They have that Queensland sound.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Dusty, Juno Roxus actually turned me on to Mondo Rock, believe it or not, he has some fetish with them, I mean I thought they sounded really cool, but I don't get his fascination with them at all, and Dreams Of Ordinary Men was a CD my step dad had going about 10 years ago, and I lost my shit, it was perfect, it was exactly the sound I live for, sadly as good as those good songs are on that CD, become how bad the bad ones are, but still those good songs on there are legendary, I didn't care for the album b4 it, the one everybody kept telling me was better then DOOM, Body and The Beat, but he did play an old one I think had to have been like early 70's called Universal Radio or something like that, It was OK, nothing like DOOM, and I listened to the albums that came after DOOM and nothing was even close to that one, maybe it had something to do with Rundgren? IDK, but I do like Icehouse, Split Enz, Noizeworks, I'll check out Cold Chisel and the other ones you mentioned.  Go ahead and recommend I check out Mental as Anything, just so I can hear them for the first time again, Ive become fascinated with them, honestly.

Ok if you like Mental as Anything you would probably like Hoodoo Gurus. They are a great band. Also, check out the song "Dogs are the best people" by the Fauves. Such a great (and true) lyric.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I saw them open for Pantera in 95, I can honestly say the second they opened with the song Christian Woman, they had huge fans going on the side of the stage that blew all their hair to the side, and a huge optical cross appeared then a bigger picture appeared making the cross look small, and by the end of the song it was a completely naked chick and she appeared to be using the cross to rub one out, I still don't know how they did that optical illusion, but Ive never seen anything like it since, and they were so fucking good, and tight, and harmonized so well together, dude it really pissed me off, I had never heard them b4 that day, and I immediately went out and bought all their discography, which I think was like 2 cds but It was a waste of fucking money, they were so good live, their discs sounded like fucking trash, I couldn't even believe it was the same band, I saw them 4 more times, the only thing that prevented them from completely ruling that show was the fact that Pantera was so every bit as awesome in concert as they were on their albums, and even as good as Pantera was, I walked away from that show thinking I had hit the concert jackpot, because Im never blown away by both bands at any concert, and I cant say I remember another that was that good, I was a senior in high school and it set the standard that no other concert lived up to since.

I'm envious as I would have loved to have seen Type O and Pantera live....as for Type O's music, I discovered them with the Bloody Kisses release and like you rushed out to buy their first 2 releases which while funny were not very good.....BK and October Rust are excellent however and get regular airplay from me....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.