Jani Lane was raped?

auslander

I read an article yesterday where it was alleged that Jani Lane had spoken about being drugged and raped "by a musician from a famous metal band". This has stuck in my head since and I wonder how much his alcoholism and early death were related to this trauma. Does anyone here know anything about this tragic story? I searched for it in threads but couldn't find any here.

I miss his music and hope he is at peace. R.I.P. Jani. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, auslander said:

I read an article yesterday where it was alleged that Jani Lane had spoken about being drugged and raped "by a musician from a famous metal band". This has stuck in my head since and I wonder how much his alcoholism and early death were related to this trauma. Does anyone here know anything about this tragic story? I searched for it in threads but couldn't find any here.

I miss his music and hope he is at peace. R.I.P. Jani. 

Yeah, I saw a recent "Loudwire" video about it. It was very disturbing.

It was someone from a well known Metal band and that band's manager apparently.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2 weeks later...

IDK if anyone knows this or not but Madison Lane and Taylar Lane love talking about him on FB, IDK if this is something i'd ask them about, but they have some great tales of him that I find interesting, just fyi, and as for this, lets just hope the band was Vixen thats all I can say.

• 7 months later...
  • My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Fates said:

From what I understand, it was Tommy Lee. 

You're gonna have to give some kind of evidence to come outta nowhere and suggest that. 

The Jani Lane rape half story has been around for ages, and seems to be genuine.
Who would make something like that up?
Until names are named, and given that he's dead, it won't likely hit the major news channels
Kinda sad that Bobbie decided to somewhat taint Jani's legacy with extra sadness...

• 2023 Gold Donors
16 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Kinda sad that Bobbie decided to somewhat taint Jani's legacy with extra sadness...

Yeah, I think Bobbie should have shut her mouth unless she was prepared to name names, which of course she wouldn't. 

It was obviously and understandably a source of great pain and embarrassment to Jani. I think he'd be mortified to think that it would become public knowledge. 

He chose to not make it public and confide in Bobbie. I dare say she was the only person he told. 

She shouldn't have mentioned it.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I think Bobbie should have shut her mouth unless she was prepared to name names, which of course she wouldn't. 

It was obviously and understandably a source of great pain and embarrassment to Jani. I think he'd be mortified to think that it would become public knowledge. 

He chose to not make it public and confide in Bobbie. I dare say she was the only person he told. 

She shouldn't have mentioned it.

The only reason to talk about something like that at all would be to bring justice to those who were wronged, IMO.

And since she refuses to name names -- even though those involved would undoubtedly deny any involvement -- this does nothing but add prying eyes and speculation to a situation Jani obviously didn't want any attention being paid to, otherwise he would have brought said attention to it himself.

3 hours ago, CMGiordano said:

The only reason to talk about something like that at all would be to bring justice to those who were wronged, IMO.

And since she refuses to name names -- even though those involved would undoubtedly deny any involvement -- this does nothing but add prying eyes and speculation to a situation Jani obviously didn't want any attention being paid to, otherwise he would have brought said attention to it himself.

The problem is that if she named names then she would be open to a lawsuit since I seriously doubt she has any evidence other than what Jani told her in confidence. Which makes you wonder why she mentioned the incident at all....maybe looking for publicity for some reason?....not that it matters she should have kept quiet....

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

The problem is that if she named names then she would be open to a lawsuit since I seriously doubt she has any evidence other than what Jani told her in confidence. Which makes you wonder why she mentioned the incident at all....maybe looking for publicity for some reason?....not that it matters she should have kept quiet....

I'm no lawyer, but I'm not sure if you can sue someone for defamation or libel when it's in reference to what someone else said, especially when that person is already deceased. Because of the circumstances, it's nothing more than hearsay (unless Jani somehow kept proof of the atrocious act and Bobbi has it), so yes, she should just keep her mouth shut and let the guy rest in peace.

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, CMGiordano said:

I'm no lawyer, but I'm not sure if you can sue someone for defamation or libel when it's in reference to what someone else said, especially when that person is already deceased. Because of the circumstances, it's nothing more than hearsay (unless Jani somehow kept proof of the atrocious act and Bobbi has it), so yes, she should just keep her mouth shut and let the guy rest in peace.

You still haven't said why you believe it was Tommy Lee.

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, auslander said:

It wasn't just his ex-wife who mentioned it. Jani himself referenced it in an interview while he was still alive. 

Did he? Do you remember which interview?

• 3 months later...

It’s more than just about him, people who do this kinda thing have a sickness they can’t control and if it happened to him I guarantee it happened to others and if she knows who it is, she has a responsibility to reveal it just like those who exposed Epstein, Weinstein and Cosby in order to make sure they not only pay for what they’ve done, but make damn sure it doesn’t happen ever again. Speaking from personal experience. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2022 at 7:25 AM, JackyBoy said:

It’s more than just about him, people who do this kinda thing have a sickness they can’t control and if it happened to him I guarantee it happened to others and if she knows who it is, she has a responsibility to reveal it just like those who exposed Epstein, Weinstein and Cosby in order to make sure they not only pay for what they’ve done, but make damn sure it doesn’t happen ever again. Speaking from personal experience. 

Agreed! This person needs to be called out. I find it sickening, and reprehensible that Bobbi has not named the two people (Rockstar & Manager) unless she was looking for hush money.. I don't want to think that. I really don't..But our community has a rapist In its midst. I can't believe anyone would be complacent in this. I think Jami deserves better..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Long story short is I purchased a storage unit locker and it was all of Jani Lane's sister's property, but mostly all pertaining to and involving Jani. She and her husband were grifters and their master plan was to take him for everything. I had hand written manifestos by his BIL confessing all of their horrible deeds over the years and that he was going to be their big score. It's really sad because I was always a fan, and as I understood it, he was a nice guy. 

The sister and brother in law were raging alcoholics too, we when they moved out to be with him I'm sure they were horrible influences and led to his demise. 

Before anyone asks: yes there were loads of memorabilia including thousands of pictures, a platinum DRFSR album framed and tons of other things. I gave it all to a friends mom from childhood who was a huge fan as well. Mrs. Murphy from MN. has most everything and is well deserving. Probably the single biggest collection of Jani Lane and Warrant memorabilia and history left in the world.