Emerald Rain

Leykis101

I thought I wanted to give a shout to one of my all time favs that never caught on like I felt they should, probably never hear anything new from them as Murray is such a huge producer now I dont see him ever going back to this, but one of my fave guitarists Mikey D, and they harmonized like really no other bands do, I just love their sound, you guys like???

33 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

I thought I wanted to give a shout to one of my all time favs that never caught on like I felt they should, probably never hear anything new from them as Murray is such a huge producer now I dont see him ever going back to this, but one of my fave guitarists Mikey D, and they harmonized like really no other bands do, I just love their sound, you guys like???

This is good stuff. Will have to keep an eye out for a disc.

Their first two albums were around the time I started really getting into melodic rock and these guys were one of the first current bands, at the time, that I listened to, and was heartened to hear that great music was still being recorded. First two albums are sensational and the albums after generally have a few cool tunes. 

Cody, I assume you know Murray produced Cauterize's debut album and I think he even co-wrote a song or two, as well as providing backing vocals? True story. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Their first two albums were around the time I started really getting into melodic rock and these guys were one of the first current bands, at the time, that I listened to, and was heartened to hear that great music was still being recorded. First two albums are sensational and the albums after generally have a few cool tunes. 

Cody, I assume you know Murray produced Cauterize's debut album and I think he even co-wrote a song or two, as well as providing backing vocals? True story. 

Yes I talked to him for awhile about them, we both feel like thats truly one of those sincerely fucked up breaks that there really was no good reason for, Cauterize not becoming fucking huge, any fan of that music ive ever played them for has bought the disc, they were truly talented, had an awesome and unique sound, and awesome songs, it was a head scratcher, he said the entire time he was doing that album he just kept seeing dollar signs pop up in his head, it truly was one of the saddest misses in music history, it was that good of an album, just goes to show that you dont need to be good to be famous, and you can be the absolute best at what you do and nobody will ever fucking know about you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric3 said:

The Harem Scarem vibes come from the vocal harmonies, at least to me. I'll have to look into this band.

I agree, and I always get into arguments over this, as both bands have excellent guitarists, then people start in on me about Lesperance being better then Dimitrovich, I dont agree, the HS ties are there, Darren Smith played drums on their Short Sighted album, and they did shows with them, how many bands sound like HS, even enough to get compared, Murray said he always took it as a compliment as they were his idols growing up.

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

I agree, and I always get into arguments over this, as both bands have excellent guitarists, then people start in on me about Lesperance being better then Dimitrovich, I dont agree, the HS ties are there, Darren Smith played drums on their Short Sighted album, and they did shows with them, how many bands sound like HS, even enough to get compared, Murray said he always took it as a compliment as they were his idols growing up.

defo similar in music styles. Good band but ill agree that HS are a lot better imho

I can definitely hear HS in the melodies, but I thought the debut was probably more Dokken than HS. Some cool 'Under Lock And Key' style riffage on that one... 

I like the vocals on this track

Had them all,but only kept Broken Saviours & Age Of Innocence (the first two) picked them up from Now & Then records at the time who were in tandem with Frontiers early on,wasnt too keen on the albums that followed and sold them on years ago on evilbay.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1