Concerts... remember them?!

auslander

As covid has hit there hasn't really been any concerts on. Since having kids, I haven't really been to any concerts. But, I am going to take my kids who are teens now to their first as soon as I can. 

Pre-covid, for our genre, what were crowds like for say Crazy Lixx or H.e.a.t.? Is it mostly dudes our age in the crowds (as we are the only ones who appear to enjoy rock these days), or was it mostly youths like when we were younger going to live shows?

When we ( Victorians, Australia ) get out , I suggest to take them to any other follow bands Wicked Smile, Ablaze or Dangerous Curve gigs.

Pre- covid those bands would great, only problem trying seeing the bands over all the cell/mobile phones at the front will be blocking our view.

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony

I've never seen any of the new 80's-style Hard Rock and Metal bands. They're all from Sweden so they'll never come out here. But at all the shows of the classic bands, I'm usually the youngest one there. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I've never seen any of the new 80's-style Hard Rock and Metal bands. They're all from Sweden so they'll never come out here. But at all the shows of the classic bands, I'm usually the youngest one there. 

That's what I thought... oh well.

Yeah, amazingly, even I used to feel pretty young when I went to see bands. It was always a pretty old crowd, but there's always a few young folk there. As in early 20's and stuff... Always a handful.

Alternatively, when I used to see modern rock/metal bands I always felt like the oldest person there, seriously. :(

Oh well, not something we'll ever have to worry about in this country anymore... 

I have Kiss tickets for the whole family.
Was hoping to give them that experience and this was the last chance.
Concert is in November.
Downside is the show likely to be cancelled.
Upside, I'll get $1500 back in my bank account...

I have tickets for H.E.A.T in Hamburg, first date was i May 2020, then December 2020, then November 2021, and now it's May 2022, still looking forward to it though.

I've also got tickets for Baest in Denmark on September 9th, should be fun, since all Covid restrictions are abolished here.

Edited by Kristian

Here in the States about a month ago saw (outdoor small festival) first Autograph, no one knew who they were actually, they just kinda showed up and then only at their final song, "Turn Up the Radio," what a fantastic song BTW, did the crowd finally look at each and go, 'oh wait this is Autograph' - funny and weird at the same time, then Stephen Pearcy (man, he was really bad), then the Bulletboys, was okay, then Kix, who totally stole the show. Steve Whiteman was great, then Slaughter not bad and finally headliner, Warrant, who I really like with Robert Mason, but being their "30th anniversary of Cherry Pie," they played virtually only from this album - literally nothing from records done with Mason, which I personally think are so underrated. Weather was rainy at times, but overall it was super great seeing a live concert after over what 18 months?!   Mostly older crowd, but a sprinkling of kiddos out and about. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Doug said:

Here in the States about a month ago saw (outdoor small festival) first Autograph, no one knew who they were actually, they just kinda showed up and then only at their final song, "Turn Up the Radio," what a fantastic song BTW, did the crowd finally look at each and go, 'oh wait this is Autograph' - funny and weird at the same time, then Stephen Pearcy (man, he was really bad), then the Bulletboys, was okay, then Kix, who totally stole the show. Steve Whiteman was great, then Slaughter not bad and finally headliner, Warrant, who I really like with Robert Mason, but being their "30th anniversary of Cherry Pie," they played virtually only from this album - literally nothing from records done with Mason, which I personally think are so underrated. Weather was rainy at times, but overall it was super great seeing a live concert after over what 18 months?!   Mostly older crowd, but a sprinkling of kiddos out and about. 

KIX has to be a headliner. Nobody can follow them. Don't even try.