Euro 2021 - is anyone watching?

auslander

Can't wait for the Scotland vs England game tonight. Anyone else been following the tournament so far? Who are your picks to take the cup? France are favourites but I think that Belgium is looking pretty decent so far as well.

Italy look very very strong, with France and Belgium not far behind. Kudos to Wales for an excellent performance and pretty much qualifying for the next round, although I think that's about it for them in the coming fixtures. England all the way for me though obviously, after we give the Scots a serious hammering tonight ;)

26 minutes ago, Jez said:

Italy look very very strong, with France and Belgium not far behind. Kudos to Wales for an excellent performance and pretty much qualifying for the next round, although I think that's about it for them in the coming fixtures. England all the way for me though obviously, after we give the Scots a serious hammering tonight ;)

How good was Bale! Some of those passes were sublime.

My team is the Dutch due to family origin but I also like England due to knowing the players from Prem League.

36 minutes ago, Glen said:

Spain & Germany look a little hit and miss.

never thought I would write those words 😳

Agree but it's hard to ever feel like they are written off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jez said:

England were terrible

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:53 PM, Glen said:

England were terrible

I'd take 4 points from 2 games any day of the week...England were slow and predictable and lost their bottle, because they didn't want to lose. Saying that, Scotland still didn't win with us playing badly and are in trouble with only 1 point from 2 games. As long as England don't screw up  and lose their next game, all should be ok for us for the next round.

The more favourable to win teams such as England,France,Germany,Spain and Portugal to name but a few are really flattering to deceive for me,Netherlands and Belgium have just been ok also...Italy look the best bet atm playing good solid attacking football and being their usual miserly selves at the back,they have won their last 10 matches on the trot and scored 31 since they last let one in! 59 for in the last 19 games and 3 against...29 match unbeaten run...that speaks for itself...but it is a tournament so anything can happen on the day...maybe Wales will suprise them today?

On 6/18/2021 at 5:55 PM, auslander said:

Agree but it's hard to ever feel like they are written off.

So true, especially after last night's hammering of Portugal, they sure look like serious contenders now. 

47 minutes ago, lettard said:

Was an awful match...after all the hype

Looks like they take their domestic league more seriously than all these international tournaments. What a lackluster performance that was! 

So Germany scrapped through...was squeaky bum time for them for a while there...now they play England on Tuesday...but both sides need to improve...Portugal & France looked like two teams happy for a draw so they would both progress...didn't see the entire draw now...do Portugal play Croatia? hard to believe they both came third in their groups...European Champions vs World Cup Finalists

France threw it away last night,Spain looked like they couldnt shut up shop for a while there also...and England have just finally gotten the better of Germany...still think Italy look the best beat thus far...but Denmark looked good and Czechs are really digging in and showing grit.

On 6/27/2021 at 4:21 AM, Kristian said:

YES! Denmark Through to the quarter finals :cheer:

Probably the neutral fan favourite with what they have gone through.

2 hours ago, lettard said:

And thats the line up confirmed,,,Ukraine through...not a great match by any means but they stuck in there are got their reward.

England got them for quarter finals so that is good for them as I rate Ukraine the worst of the remaining teams. 

Belgium vs Italy should be a cracking game.