Euro 2021 - is anyone watching?

auslander

1 hour ago, Glen said:

nervous about tonight. England should win but we have managed to somehow cock it up for the last 55 yrs 😳

Go the Three Lions! I pick a score of 2-0. I hope they start Grealish for once.

Think they should win and win well...but we all remember Croatia in the WC...football..its a funny old game as Greavsie would say  :)

Gettin gathered now for Denmark v Czech Rep...think this has the markings for a very entertaining game of footy

5 hours ago, lettard said:

Think they should win and win well...but we all remember Croatia in the WC...football..its a funny old game as Greavsie would say  :)

Gettin gathered now for Denmark v Czech Rep...think this has the markings for a very entertaining game of footy

4-0 lol 😆 

Great match. Happy for Kane but I thought Shaw was best on.

England has had a dream run, missing playing the huge teams (apart from subpar Germany). Denmark is in great form and playing as a team backed by emotion. Will be a good match. But England should win.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:32 AM, auslander said:

Great match. Happy for Kane but I thought Shaw was best on.

England has had a dream run, missing playing the huge teams (apart from subpar Germany). Denmark is in great form and playing as a team backed by emotion. Will be a good match. But England should win.

that was stressful 

Glad I have no actual input on these games as my national team never made it(we very rarley do),I'm sure the whole of England and the fans around the world were on eggshells,we all know how that feels from our club teams,glad they've done it and got to a final...at last,fingers crossed for em  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Glad I have no actual input on these games as my national team never made it(we very rarley do),I'm sure the whole of England and the fans around the world were on eggshells,we all know how that feels from our club teams,glad they've done it and got to a final...at last,fingers crossed for em  :)

What is your national team?

Well played Italy. Overall I think they were deserving champions.

However England players should hold their heads high and be proud of their achievements. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Well played Italy. Overall I think they were deserving champions.

However England players should hold their heads high and be proud of their achievements. 

Agree, they were more attacking. England should try playing with the flair of their talented players. Hopefully a new manager for the WC.

As a North American sports fan there are two reasons that I struggle with this sport…

1. the constant complaining, faking, rolling around and head holding garbage after any contact.

2. the fact a month long tournament can be decided by penalty kicks in the end. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auslander said:

Agree, they were more attacking. England should try playing with the flair of their talented players. Hopefully a new manager for the WC.

WTF? were you watching the same match? England dominated the first half and most of extra time. We have plenty of talented players who played brilliantly throughout the whole tournament.

All I was saying was that on balance Italy probably deserved to win the whole tournament as they were the most consistent side, although their plan to play for penalties against both Spain and England in extra doesn't sit well with me.  

Definitely hope they keep Southgate his tactics were spot on for most of the tournament 

2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

As a North American sports fan there are two reasons that I struggle with this sport…

1. the constant complaining, faking, rolling around and head holding garbage after any contact.

1. only by certain teams ;)

2. thats because its a draw 🤣

2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

I once tried to sit through a whole game of baseball. Tried and failed... to stay awake.

Basketball, you really only need to watch the last two minutes as the rest is just running up and down the court as tall people trade baskets.

American football is best in highlights. Whole matches are otherwise just full of constant yawn inducing pauses and a thousand views of old coaches on the sidelines with players waiting to play for 30 second intervals.

Ice hockey... yeah it's pretty cool.

Edited by auslander

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

WTF? were you watching the same match? England dominated the first half and most of extra time. We have plenty of talented players who played brilliantly throughout the whole tournament.

All I was saying was that on balance Italy probably deserved to win the whole tournament as they were the most consistent side, although their plan to play for penalties against both Spain and England in extra doesn't sit well with me.  

Definitely hope they keep Southgate his tactics were spot on for most of the tournament 

We definitely were watching different matches. A neutral might see things differently to you. You won't win the world cup with that style of play. But, you will keep getting close. 

3 minutes ago, auslander said:

We definitely were watching different matches. A neutral might see things differently to you. You won't win the world cup with that style of play. But, you will keep getting close. 

we'll see

Despite Italys supposed dominant play they didn't really majorly threaten England's goal and their goal was a bungled piece of luck.

Didn't even attack in extra time but hey ho