Stefan

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

Good news indeed 

Is it?

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Nice. I enjoyed the first.

Did you?

I can't imagine this guy knows how to make good music anymore. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is it?

Did you?

I can't imagine this guy knows how to make good music anymore. 

Yes I did, but I'm very, very surprised to see another album after all the apparent drama involved with the last one.

On 05/07/2019 at 5:55 AM, AlphaMale said:

Once a cunt, always a cunt:

https://allthatshreds.com/simone-mularoni-says-geoff-tate-nearly-sabbotaged-sweet-oblivion/?fbclid=IwAR2w4J4pKnwHVZUe2XuRjYdGOOUakKc6UJhr0WXvok3pSxf7JWpp9VHxCZQ

Simone Mularoni Says Geoff Tate Nearly Sabotaged Sweet Oblivion

In an interview with Aardschok Magazine, guitarist Simone Mularoni explains how Geoff Tate nearly sabotaged The Sweet Oblivion project when he sent the music back to him completely butchered and sounding like “hip-hop” vocals:

“Serrafino, Chief of Frontiers Records, got me in touch with Geoff Tate and Tate was also happy with the music and the rough vocal melodies I had delivered. Very soon he sent me the first two songs back. (Simone pauses, in order to contain his emotions.) The entire structure of the songs had changed. The guitar solos were erased and the vocal melodies were a closer resemblance to Hip-Hop rather than Metal. Besides that, he added all sorts of strange keyboard sounds. I was in shock and wondered how Frontiers would feel about this. They were not pleased either and asked me to persuade Tate to stay closer to the original ideas. So I wrote him a polite email, something along the lines of ‘I think my version will do better commercially.’ But his wife, also his manager, throwing a fit, phoned Frontiers and demanded to know what I was thinking, how dare I criticize Tate’s work? Wow, I had a high opinion of Geoff Tate, but now I was summoned to the Frontiers office. Luckily, I had kept all the email correspondence and could show that I hadn’t been rude to Geoff. I told them that I would produce the album for them, but if the final results would be anything like the songs Geoff sent back, I wouldn’t want my name on it.”

Question: The contact with Tate was not so friendly after that?

Answer: What contact? “He simply quit responding to my emails. A few weeks later, I got all my material back. Geoff had recorded his vocals on the tour-bus. Who records vocals on a tour-bus? I struggled for a month just to make it all sound a bit better. Ultimately, the album turned out okay, but If we had done it my way…”

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yes I did, but I'm very, very surprised to see another album after all the apparent drama involved with the last one.

Probably an entirely different band?

• 3 weeks later...

More info from Frontiers:

"Relentless" is the hotly anticipated sophomore album from the new metal project Sweet Oblivion which showcases former Queensrÿche vocalist Geoff Tate.
The self-titled debut album caused quite a stir in the international hard rock and metal scene since it brought Tate back to a musical landscape akin to the sound of the stone cold classic metal albums he released with Queensrÿche during the ‘80s. But what made the album work so well was that instead of being a simple throwback, other different musical influences were thrown into the mix, allowing fans to hear Tate in a simultaneously famliar and new musical setting.
While the production and main songwriting on the previous record were handled by Simone Mularoni of DGM, this time the production was instead handled by his fellow Italian metal maestro Aldo Lonobile (Secret Sphere, Timo Tolkki's Avalon, Archon Angel).  
Not only does Aldo produce and handle the songwriting, he i salso featured on guitar. Other musicians appearing on the album include Michele Sanna on drums, Luigi Andreone on bass, and Antonio Agate on keyboards.
This time around, Tate was more involved in the songwriting and asked Aldo to draft a very special song for him, which he would ultimately sing in Italian. The song also features guitars from Walter Cianciusi and Dario Parente, who are now also in the Operation Mindcrime live band.
Musically, this album showcases the great songwriting and performing talents of Lonobile and his cast of musicians and also marks a very welcomed return for Tate to a style that he made famous along with his former band. 
Fans of Tate’s work in Queensryche’s early days and of the previous Sweet Oblivion record will not want to miss this!

Line-up:
Geoff Tate - Vocals
Aldo Lonobile - Guitars 
Luigi Andreone - Bass
Antonio Agate - Keys
Michele Sanna - Drums 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

But the main guy is there and that's the important thing !

It's just further proof he's an asshole, and nobody wants to work with him. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It's just further proof he's an asshole, and nobody wants to work with him. 

It's really Sweet Oblivion is Geoff Tate not featuring Geoff Tate.

If people don't want to suck up to him then they are easily replaced.

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, nyoilers said:

It's really Sweet Oblivion is Geoff Tate not featuring Geoff Tate.

If people don't want to suck up to him then they are easily replaced.

Nah, the first album was already written before he was involved, from what I've read. So the first album was def Sweet Oblivion ft. Geoff Tate. 

Now it might be his show, and Frontiers will provide him with a band. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Nah, the first album was already written before he was involved, from what I've read. So the first album was def Sweet Oblivion ft. Geoff Tate. 

Now it might be his show, and Frontiers will provide him with a band. 

Putting his name on it sells the music.

21 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Do you really believe the bullshit you spew?

Christ, the original guitarist said Geoff almost sabotaged the project sending back hiphop like tripe to his songs. He was forced to go to Frontiers to get Tate back to the original ideas for the songs, then was a dickhead and recorded his vocals on the tour bus. Great guy.

You truly are clueless just like most of the left.

Edited by AlphaMale

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I think this is truu. There are still crazy folk out there, like yourself ;}, who are interested in what Geoff Tate is up to. It's easier for Frontiers to turn this project featuring Geoff Tate into Geoff Tate's project, rather than come up with a whole new product and try to market it. Throw some musicians at him. They probably never have to meet him. They play their parts. They get paid. Everybody likes money. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I think this is truu. There are still crazy folk out there, like yourself ;}, who are interested in what Geoff Tate is up to. It's easier for Frontiers to turn this project featuring Geoff Tate into Geoff Tate's project, rather than come up with a whole new product and try to market it. Throw some musicians at him. They probably never have to meet him. They play their parts. They get paid. Everybody likes money. 

Spot on.

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Do you really believe the bullshit you spew?

Christ, the original guitarist said Geoff almost sabotaged the project sending back hiphop like tripe to his songs. He was forced to go to Frontiers to get Tate back to the original ideas for the songs, then was a dickhead and recorded his vocals on the tour bus. Great guy.

You truly are clueless just like most of the left.

I don't know how you managed to crowbar a Political insult into that post.

Classic Alpha.

:bananamac:

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yes everybody likes money.

• 2023 Gold Donors
12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I don't know how you managed to crowbar a Political insult into that post.

Classic Alpha.

:bananamac:

I'm just trying to have a nice conversation about music,everyone sharing their opinions in a nice,peaceful way...

then BAM 

• 2 weeks later...