Sweet Oblivion (with Geoff Tate) - Relentless

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet Oblivion - Relentless is definitely the best thing Tate's name has been attached to since Mindcrime: II back in 2006 (and let's face it, that wasn't great... this is probably better than that as well).

His solo, Queensryche, and Operation: Mindcrime stuff since has just been so spotty; a good song or two on each, but then A LOT of throw aways. I do enjoy most of Relentless, and it's one of the better releases of 2021 so far IMO. 

A couple of the better songs he's done since he left the Ryche...

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Serious question @nyoilers, what did you think of Frequency Unknown and the trilogy of Operation:Mindcrime releases?

They're good but not great.Obviously when DeGarmo left Queensryche they started going downhill.Reminds me almost of when Richrath left REO.

With these 2 Sweet Oblivion releases he has writers who seem to know how to get the best out of him.

• My Little Pony
22 hours ago, nyoilers said:

They're good but not great.Obviously when DeGarmo left Queensryche they started going downhill.Reminds me almost of when Richrath left REO.

With these 2 Sweet Oblivion releases he has writers who seem to know how to get the best out of him.

Frequency Unknown and the Operation: Mindcrime project weren't Queensryche, though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

This is better than most things Taint has done in the last decade, but it merely rises to the level of "ok" or "not bad". Certainly nothing stellar IMO.

Agreed. Some of it is okay but certainly not the greatest thing ever. I think the LaTorre QR is better than this.

Edited by AlphaMale

• My Little Pony
15 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Agreed. Some of it is okay but certainly not the greatest thing ever. I think the LaTorre QR is better than this.

And the Todd LaTorre solo album also shits all over this. 

• Like 1