Mozart fans??

Leykis101

Sure you all know Ive been searching high and low for a copy of the never released original debut by Mozart on SBK, only promo tapes were ever produced, you all know the story behind that i'm sure, turns out there were only 2 songs on it that got left off the actual debut, and in my opinion probably one of the best songs they did, next to Japan Is Calling, some may already have heard it, but I just got Money Drug Sex Power, and it's a completely different version then the one on the debut, i'll put both songs up here, and King Of Sleaze the other song left off the real debut, if anyone even gives a fuck, don't know how many people actually even listen to them, but I'm a huge fan of Adams vocal style, and thought The Flys were fucking awesome.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I may be a glutton for punishment, but I'm actually subscribed to this youtube channel. 

As for "Mozart", it's okay, but it doesn’t blow me away. I have many albums that I love for many varied reasons that you would probably say are "okay". 

Why do you love this one so much Cody San?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I may be a glutton for punishment, but I'm actually subscribed to this youtube channel. 

As for "Mozart", it's okay, but it doesn’t blow me away. I have many albums that I love for many varied reasons that you would probably say are "okay". 

Why do you love this one so much Cody San?

LOL, that's my youtube channel, I upload all the shit I want to use or share generally when I cant find it on any other youtube channel, basically if it's not on youtube I try to change that, so the next person who may be looking for something would be able to find it, not that anyone else would be looking for half the shit Ive put up there.

It's not exactly that I have some sort of love for Mozart, more then it's been a huge brickwall to me, in 9th grade they played Japan Is Calling on a rock station where I lived, then there were a lot of us who loved it, and waited and waited and waited, then it never came out, then when the ST debut finally came out, that song wasn't on it, it was available from Japan for $50 of course, once the internet came around, I always wondered what the deal with it was, by that time i'd come to appreciate the music a little more, I didn't care for the cd, only the song I Fly was anything like Japan Is Calling and lets face it, in 9th grade Mozart sounded a little gay, but I started talking with a dude named Ed, who was their manager, and I found out the whole story, about how their original debut that Japan Is Calling was on, for those who don't know, Mozart was signed to SBK Records for some disgusting amount of money, like millions and millions of dollars, big time record deal, the night they had a party to announce the signing, the members of Mozart proceeded to get beyond fucked up, they completely destroyed the loft the party was in, then took turns with the head of SBK's wife, and didn't do much to try and hide it, needless to say, they were immediately dropped, and the debut was never pressed outside of sampler cassettes, which never made it out of the label, like 100 of them, that's it, so this went to explain why radio had Japan Is Calling, why it seems so out of place among all the Queen sounding songs, and I set out to find the rest of the rocking songs off the debut, it was way more of a hard rock album, then the released debut.

But MDSP was instantly one of my favorites, that Alt version is one that a band member just sent me, its almost completely different, and it's longer, they didnt like it so they re-recorded it, it's never been pressed on CD, I have 2 more songs as well, It was one of the biggest fuck ups in record label history, which is why it also always kind of intrigued me, so yeah, I don't sport wood over Mozart, I just think the whole story could probably be a good movie, if someone were to begin writing a script or something for it.

2 hours ago, shamus said:

Would love to hear the history you are referring to if you care to share it again. So Sleaze and the alternate version of Money are the only differences from the compact disc?

No theres quit a bit of difference from the released debut, for instance theres an awesome song called Seashells, it was left off the debut, but was finally added as a bonus track or something on the Japanese import, MDSP and King Of Sleaze are merely the 2 songs from the unreleased debut that have never been released anywhere on any format, they are the final 2 songs off that unreleased album, that have never been heard, basically all the songs that rock, came from that unreleased debut, I can post the unreleased debut track info, you'll just have to give me a minute, they basically broke the unreleased debut up and released the songs from it as bonus tracks and b-sides, the only original song to appear on the released debut off the unreleased debut was I Fly, that's it, oh my bad, I believe Static DJ was as well.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

LOL, that's my youtube channel, I upload all the shit I want to use or share generally when I cant find it on any other youtube channel, basically if it's not on youtube I try to change that, so the next person who may be looking for something would be able to find it, not that anyone else would be looking for half the shit Ive put up there.

It's not exactly that I have some sort of love for Mozart, more then it's been a huge brickwall to me, in 9th grade they played Japan Is Calling on a rock station where I lived, then there were a lot of us who loved it, and waited and waited and waited, then it never came out, then when the ST debut finally came out, that song wasn't on it, it was available from Japan for $50 of course, once the internet came around, I always wondered what the deal with it was, by that time i'd come to appreciate the music a little more, I didn't care for the cd, only the song I Fly was anything like Japan Is Calling and lets face it, in 9th grade Mozart sounded a little gay, but I started talking with a dude named Ed, who was their manager, and I found out the whole story, about how their original debut that Japan Is Calling was on, for those who don't know, Mozart was signed to SBK Records for some disgusting amount of money, like millions and millions of dollars, big time record deal, the night they had a party to announce the signing, the members of Mozart proceeded to get beyond fucked up, they completely destroyed the loft the party was in, then took turns with the head of SBK's wife, and didn't do much to try and hide it, needless to say, they were immediately dropped, and the debut was never pressed outside of sampler cassettes, which never made it out of the label, like 100 of them, that's it, so this went to explain why radio had Japan Is Calling, why it seems so out of place among all the Queen sounding songs, and I set out to find the rest of the rocking songs off the debut, it was way more of a hard rock album, then the released debut.

But MDSP was instantly one of my favorites, that Alt version is one that a band member just sent me, its almost completely different, and it's longer, they didnt like it so they re-recorded it, it's never been pressed on CD, I have 2 more songs as well, It was one of the biggest fuck ups in record label history, which is why it also always kind of intrigued me, so yeah, I don't sport wood over Mozart, I just think the whole story could probably be a good movie, if someone were to begin writing a script or something for it.

Cool.

Have got their first and third album, chasing their second album.

Surprised the second wasn't release in Japan.

Sound, if put Robby Valentine meets Queen.. 

8 hours ago, Doggy said:

Have got their first and third album, chasing their second album.

Surprised the second wasn't release in Japan.

Sound, if put Robby Valentine meets Queen.. 

I believe Eve was Japanese only, as was the 3rd album Paris Is Dying, mine are anyways, I also have the 1st Japanese and American versions, huge difference, even the covers are different. Eve is like Paris, it's got a hilarious song on it called He's Misstra Know It All , visions of many people I know when I hear it, gives me a smile.

Here ya go, 1 left for $22

https://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Eve-2-Japan-Import/dp/B0007WJRSM

Edited by Leykis101

30 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

I played that debut album once when it first came out. I'm still recovering.

I agree, they mislead people by releasing Japan Is Calling as the single, then releasing the debut without it, that is my point, the original debut was full of hard rock melodic songs, not what the real debut had.

1 hour ago, melodicrock said:

I just remember importing a few copies for sale, playing Steam Train and thinking 'who the fuck am I going to sell this to??'!!!!

I think you sold two to Mark, I bought one  and other one I don't know.

Can I get a refund ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2