Stormburst - Highway To Heaven

Stefan

Press release:

STORMBURST from Dalarna, Sweden, were formed in July 2014 and the original intention was just to make high quality music, have fun and do what you believe in without any musical compromises. No more covers, just self-composed songs. Bass player Kent Jansson (Six Feet Under, Keen Hue, Steam) and guitarist Thomas Hansson (Steam, Coastline) started with singer Lars-Åke "Plåtis" Nilsson (Keen Hue). To get the special sound they were looking for, keyboardist Peter Östling (Six Feet Under) was sent a demo and he really believed in the idea and joined immediately. In late 2019 original drummer Peter Ytterberg quit and was soon replaced by Pelle Hindén (Eternal Of Sweden). Stormburst is all about uncompromisingly doing what you believe in even if you have a headwind. When the wind blows hard in life sometimes, the love of music is in all conditions strong and sustainable. Stormburst has the ability to reflect it with music and lyrics and the style can best be described as a combination of traditional Melodic Hard Rock & AOR. In late May 2017 the debut album "Raised On Rock" was released by AOR Heaven and now it's time for the follow up "Highway To Heaven", which was recorded, mixed and mastered at Studio Bakery, Äppelbo by Jonas Tornemalm and at Lars-Åke's home studio in Vansbro in early 2020.

STORMBURST ARE:  Bass: Kent Jansson Guitar: Thomas Hansson Song: Lars-Åke Nilsson Keyboard: Peter Östling Drums: Pelle Hindén

140785-Stormburst-Highway-to-Heaven.jpg

Track list:

1. Highway to heaven

2. Rock N Roll Soldier

3. Tonight

4. Goin Home

5. Closer To Heaven

6. Miles Away

7. Who do you think you are

8. Confidence

9. Run for the light

10. Take me to the sky

11. Lost in the night

12. Riding on the wind

13. One dream

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting Stefan!

Been listening to the debut a bit and I quite like it, especially the harder, rougher songs. I think the singer sounds like a mix between Klaus Meine and Robin McAuley when he leans in to it. 

I like the he tone of the guitar too, it's not clean cut but rougher and edgier. 

Under the Gun, Chains of Darkness and Lay Your Love On Me are my favourite songs. 

Edited by Mafisen
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

@Thomas/Coastline is this single gonna be on the Spotifies soon?

I think it's going to be on most digital platforms.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for posting Stefan! This is as hard as it's going to get with me in the band.

• Haha 1