Albums you don't remember a thing about

AlphaMale

I was a big Hurricane fan. I had the "Take What You Want" EP and that got worn to shreds. And then the killer "Over The Edge"!! I played the crap out of that one too.

So why for the life of me can't I remember anything about "Slave To The Thrill" other than the banned cover art and the title. I sorta remember Dance Little Sister (wasn't that the MTV video for this single?), but I surely can't remember anything else. The song titles don't even look familiar. How did I totally let this slip by me and not flash an eye after my huge admiration of their first two???

And yes, I know "Liquidfury". I just don't see how I lost the Slave album in the shuffle. 

I gotta find it on YouTube and play it through and I'll post my thoughts.

Does this shit ever happen to any of you???

Quite a bit if im honest,I went through a phase for instance where if an album didn't sound like the previous efforts that id liked I pushed it away...for years...Warrant - Dog Eat Dog is a good example...fucking great album but upon release it wasn't what id been used to with them...or so I though until accidently hearing it again a few years later...Vince Neil - Exposed is another because it wasn't Crue I didn't want to know...but its pretty good to my ears.

Plenty others too...like Triumph - Edge Of Excess...love it but didn't back in the day if you know what I mean...another that took years to appreciate :drink:

On the subject of Hurricane - Slave To The Thrill...I absolutely love that album...played the cassette to death  :)

Edited by lettard
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lettard said:

Quite a bit if im honest,I went through a phase for instance where if an album didn't sound like the previous efforts that id liked I pushed it away...for years...Warrant - Dog Eat Dog is a good example...fucking great album but upon release it wasn't what id been used to with them...or so I though until accidently hearing it again a few years later...Vince Neil - Exposed is another because it wasn't Crue I didn't want to know...but its pretty good to my ears.

Plenty others too...

On the subject of Hurricane - Slave To The Thrill...I absolutely love that album...played the cassette to death  :)

I had Slave on cassette. Don't remember playing it at all. LOL

• Haha 1

Might be because things got a bit lean in the 90's that I went back and found so many lost gems that I had bought but didn't play,just like you with Slave...did the same with Rox Diamond if I remember rightly,then I listen and ping! something clicks and I ask myself was I really that shallow...obviously was...glad I persisted...although that being said that's how I ended up listening to LostBoys...yeah some things are best left unheard :whistle:

Edited by lettard

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I was a big Hurricane fan. I had the "Take What You Want" EP and that got worn to shreds. And then the killer "Over The Edge"!! I played the crap out of that one too.

So why for the life of me can't I remember anything about "Slave To The Thrill" other than the banned cover art and the title. I sorta remember Dance Little Sister (wasn't that the MTV video for this single?), but I surely can't remember anything else. The song titles don't even look familiar. How did I totally let this slip by me and not flash an eye after my huge admiration of their first two???

And yes, I know "Liquidfury". I just don't see how I lost the Slave album in the shuffle. 

Can't say it does, just wanted to say I love "Slave to the Thrill".  And I wish Kelly would take a break from touring with Foreigner for a couple months and make a new Hurricane album.

Pretty solid album:

Reign Of Love          8/10
Next To You            9/10
Young Man             7.5/10
Dance Little Sister    8/10
Don't Wanna Dream      9/10
Temptation             7/10
10,000 Years          8.25/10
Interlude              ----
In The Fire            7.5/10
Let It Slide            8/10
Lock Me Up              7/10
Smiles Like A Child     7/10     

78%

Can't say it's ever happened to me with a band/album I like, but this is a pretty good album. It was actually my intro to Hurricane. 'Temptation' would still be in my top 3 Hurricane songs, I think. 

12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I also love "Smiles Like a Child", athough the lyrics in the spoken word part get a little dodgy.

Yeah the whole "I Can't tell if she's 12 or 22" part...dodgy is one word for it I suppose,title also a tad inappropriate and it was written in part by a woman!

Edited by lettard

Never has happened to me. On the subject Of SttT, love the album! Next To You and Temptation always makes it on to my compilations, they are both 9's for me

On 4/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, AlphaMale said:

So it's by a landslide my fav, I still listen once a week, the station I always talk about KBER 101 in slc, used to play Reign Of Love, that's all it took, excellent disc, went mostly unnoticed, sadly

On 4/27/2020 at 3:58 PM, Geoff said:

Can't say it's ever happened to me with a band/album I like, but this is a pretty good album. It was actually my intro to Hurricane. 'Temptation' would still be in my top 3 Hurricane songs, I think. 

Same here. Awesome track.