Vega - Under the Sun

Stefan

From Frontiers:

UK rockers VEGA are currently hard at work on their new studio album, but in the meantime, they've released an unreleased track from the "Who We Are" album sessions, 'Under The Sun'. So, it's a new/old track! Statement from the band below. ENJOY!

"'Under the Sun' is a new/old song that was originally written and recorded for the “Who We Are” album (produced and mixed by Harry Hess of Harem Scarem), but due to the length of the album it didn’t make the final track listing. We had completely forgotten about this song and then it came up in conversation. So, to tide things over while we finish recording the new Vega album, we thought we would take it off that dusty shelf and release it. Enjoy this new/old song and get ready for an all new Vega album and tour in 2020!!!" - VEGA

Edited by Stefan

14 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Still not a fan of the lead vocals... something that puts me off... I can't explain why I love H.E.A.T., but I've never been able to get into Vega.

Yep! Can’t stand the vocals either. I’ve tried again and again with each release but just can’t enjoy them. 

I know we have spoken a lot about the production but I still wish they go back to the sound of What The Hell or Stereo Messiah. That sound production really suits their type of music. 

24 minutes ago, Ponen said:

I know we have spoken a lot about the production but I still wish they go back to the sound of What The Hell or Stereo Messiah. That sound production really suits their type of music. 

I love Harry Hess as an artist and song writer, but for whatever reason, he is terrible at producing albums. They just need to not have him involved, and I'm very sure the result would be infinitely better. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I love Harry Hess as an artist and song writer, but for whatever reason, he is terrible at producing albums. They just need to not have him involved, and I'm very sure the result would be infinitely better. 

you are doing Harry Hess an injustice. 

he is only involved in the Mastering.

the actual production is what sucks and the band themselves produced the last album and Who We Are

Harry Hess mastered Stereo Messiah and there's nought wrong with that. That was produced by John Mitchell (singer of It Bites) 

John Greatwood produced the first 2 albums. That's who they need to get back on board. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:53 AM, Glen said:

you are doing Harry Hess an injustice. 

he is only involved in the Mastering.

the actual production is what sucks and the band themselves produced the last album and Who We Are

Harry Hess mastered Stereo Messiah and there's nought wrong with that. That was produced by John Mitchell (singer of It Bites) 

John Greatwood produced the first 2 albums. That's who they need to get back on board. 

Yep, fair call. I did not pay enough attention. Whoever is producing these albums needs to stop and leave it to someone who knows what they're doing. ;)