Fifth Angel - The Third Secret

Crazysam

Fifth Angel will be releasing their long awaited third album The Third Secret via Nuclear Blast on October 26th.  The first single "Can You Hear Me" is out now.

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/fifth-angel-the-third-secret.html

FIFTH ANGEL Set October Release Date For The Third Secret Album; Artwork, Tracklisting Revealed

Current Lineup:

Kendall Bechtel - Vocals, Guitar

Ken Mary - Drums

John Macko - Bass

fifthangelcdaug18.jpg

01. Stars Are Falling
02. We Will Rise
03. Queen Of Thieves
04. Dust To Dust
05. Can You Hear Me
06. This Is War
07. Fatima
08. Third Secret
09. Shame On You
10. Hearts Of Stone

From 8 years ago:

According to Melodicrock.com, singer Ted Pilot will not be fronting Seattle metal band FIFTH ANGEL when the group makes its live debut in April, at the Keep it True Festival, in Germany. The vocalist, renowned for his work on Fifth Angel's self-titled debut, Fifth Angel in 1986 and its second album, Time Will Tell in 1989, tried to balance time between personal commitments and the Fifth Angel project and ultimately, the demands on Pilot's time were too great.

"The time constraints Ted faces with other ventures just didn't allow him to take part in Fifth Angel's reunion like we all hoped,"said Ed Archer, Fifth Angel guitarist. "He really wanted to do this, but given his schedule, it's just not feasible. We're disappointed, but respect and appreciate his position."
"This was an amicable parting," Archer added. "Ted understands our desire to move forward as Fifth Angel and we're all still friends. Everyone is at peace with his decision. Pilot's decision was not unexpected. The band has been in contact with another singer throughout the past few months, in anticipation that Pilot would not be able to perform. We've got another singer in mind that we feel is worthy of filling Ted's shoes, Archer explained. We don't want to announce who it is just yet, but we will as our plans firm up, in advance of the Keep it True Festival later this year."

Fifth Angel is working on its third album, slated for release in late 2010. For more on the band, visit www.fifthangel.com and www.fifthangel.net.

It's cool that it's three original member, but one of them really needs to be the lead vocalist. The song is okay - a real 50/50 number. Kind of bland, but okay on some level. It just doesn't sound like proper Fifth Angel without Pilot, though. :(

• 1 month later...

This is a pretty good album.  The songs aren't quite as catchy/memorable as their earlier albums and as such it isn't on par with those, for me.   Kendall does a solid job on vocals but I believe Ted would have raised things to another level.  Don't let the first promo track mislead you, the majority of this is more straight forward metal.   Everything is well played  (I've read Ed Archer contributes as well) with a nice production.  My favorite tracks would be "This is War", "Hearts of Stone" and "Stars Are Falling".

Edited by Crazysam

3 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

A good Dio album :lol:

A below average "DIO" album