Glen

Steve Perry - Traces

I'm going to play this one to my girlfriend without saying who it is and she what she thinks. 

At nearly 70 his voice is still better than most that will ever hold a microphone. 

I really don't know about the 'quality of the songs'. If he sang the phonebook it'd still sound better than 90 percent of singers singing great songs. 

Oh, and I want to look that good at 70. 

Due to stuff up at record company who releasing it in Australia the Aussie have wait a bit longer. DAMN.

this album is achingly sad.

Each ballad is him pouring his heart out. Very personal. 

if you can listen to 'In the Rain' without shedding a tear.....well. 

Have to admit I was not overly into this on first spin, but I read Glen's posts and had a quick look on wikipedia and wasn't aware of his past. Listened to the songs with that in mind and it definitely changed the strength of the album for me. 

It's not exactly my kind of jam (it is a very, very "soft" album), but there's at least 5 or so keepers on here for my 2018 playlist. Nice, deep album once I was made aware what the songs mean to the chap. 

Blue Jays Fly.

Raw emotion right there. 

Update on the Australian release, is it going be release later this month or next month.

Update, it final hit the stores eg JB HiFi today. After the import stores made a killing selling the import copies.